Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Old May 7, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by Barkley333
What do you folks expect after all the .....ing and moaning on this forum about wait times. Now Delta makes changes to satisfy all you .....ers and moaners, and now we have more .....ers and moaners - the special, entitled class of "business" travelers. Are these the same ones who are wearing the "I am a Diamond Elite" hats?
Also the same “I am a Diamond Elite” crowd from last year that whined for Delta to extend status again for an other year due to the lack of other peoples money paying for their D1 international/full fare domestic tickets.
CalebMCO likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Just as a data point, I walked by the JFK T4 Sky Club at about 7 pm last night (Saturday) and they were running a line to get in due to capacity constraints. The line stretched from the entrance to about where the moving walkway starts for the segment that runs outside the club. Maybe 20+ people waiting in the queue.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
They need to increase capacity to meet demand. Flyers will remember a bad experience with this.

once ina while is forgivable and they do restrict much more than in the old days with no day passes, no gold Amex dl access, etc. but they either need to reduce access or build more space or both.

with recession looming maybe it will take care of itself.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Just as a data point, I walked by the JFK T4 Sky Club at about 7 pm last night (Saturday) and they were running a line to get in due to capacity constraints. The line stretched from the entrance to about where the moving walkway starts for the segment that runs outside the club. Maybe 20+ people waiting in the queue.
Were there signs for a fast track line for DM/360/D1?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I didn't see one but there was an agent standing in the entry lobby to manage the line so perhaps there was a priority entry option.

I was at the same Sky Club about two weeks ago around 8pm on a Wednesday night and it was about 3/4 full.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: ba silver
I don't know why US cariers keep selling access. Doesn't work that outside of North America.

Some US airport lounges are starting to feel more like sports bars during the Superbowl than a quiet refuge from airport crowds. Even worse for DL as the have no dedicated lounge for premium passengers.

Pre-covid I got to experience the Air Canada suite in Toronto on my way to Japan, my return flight with Delta I had the pleasure of the Delta lounge in MSP. Total dump compared to the Air Canada Singnature suite. That's what a premium lounge should be.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
No line to enter JFK SkyClub tonight but about a 15 person line at the bar (not unusual)
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by stevendorechester
I don't know why US cariers keep selling access. Doesn't work that outside of North America.

Some US airport lounges are starting to feel more like sports bars during the Superbowl than a quiet refuge from airport crowds. Even worse for DL as the have no dedicated lounge for premium passengers.

Pre-covid I got to experience the Air Canada suite in Toronto on my way to Japan, my return flight with Delta I had the pleasure of the Delta lounge in MSP. Total dump compared to the Air Canada Singnature suite. That's what a premium lounge should be.
SkyClubs aren’t marketed as “premium lounges.” They are lounges for Delta customers that want to pay for access. You need to compare the Air Canada Suite to other international business class lounges, and compare SkyClubs to domestic oriented lounges in Canada and Europe (of course, these dont really exist in the same number)
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know why US cariers keep selling access.
Adelphos and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: ba silver
It's a shame as I really like flying DL. The people that work there are amazing. DL is missing out on an opportunity here.

I understand why US lounges aren't " premium longes" but I remember DL having dedicated Delta One lounges and I remember using a DL international F lounge years ago.

Hopefully they will build exclusive lounges in hub airports for paid Delta One. I would hate to pay thousands for a business class ticket and have to wait in line for an hour.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a shame as I really like flying DL. The people that work there are amazing. DL is missing out on an opportunity here.

I understand why US lounges aren't " premium longes" but I remember DL having dedicated Delta One lounges and I remember using a DL international F lounge years ago.

Hopefully they will build exclusive lounges in hub airports for paid Delta One. I would hate to pay thousands for a business class ticket and have to wait in line for an hour.
In addition to their lounge operating model I like the European upgrade model.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:49 pm

I think we all agree here - they are adding a Delta One lounge to JFK and some kind of area to LAX. They should also add them to ATL, DTW and maybe SEA.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

PMDL had a few dedicated business class (called BE = Business Elite then, not D1) lounges, for example at ATL E (before F was built).

AF has a special IFC lounge (and check in lounge) at CDG and (I'm thinking of NRT) had/has some special sections of lounges for FC as well as some reserved seats for their own high tier passengers (i.e, CDG nonSchengen lounges). KE still has a special FC lounge at ICN T2 (previously in T1), where their regular lounge is pretty bad IMO. I think there is/was a special FC section in the JFK KE lounge.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I think we all agree here - they are adding a Delta One lounge to JFK and some kind of area to LAX. They should also add them to ATL, DTW and maybe SEA.
Why not MSP too? BOS might also have an argument based on their international flights.
FabCW likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Maybe they should start offering a $39 food voucher (stated cost of sky club access) when they're unable to admit someone due to capacity...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.