Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
Just curious - how did you have access at SFO prior to a flight to LHR when the SkyClub is not in or near the Int'l Terminal, and only Virgin flies nonstop?
A Delta same day boarding pass did the trick (my flight arrived from LAX actually directly next to the Sky Club, I believe Gate C2). I also made the walk into the Centurion lounge (which was mediocre in comparison) and from there I took the train to International and the Club House (which was ok, not a fan that there isn't still a open buffet and everything goes via QR ordering).
GeminisTwin likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Departing Boston today. We initially stopped at the A8 club and it was maybe 1/4 to 2/5 full.

then heard it was the grand opening of the A18 club. I had stopped there in April and it was smaller than A8 but she assured me it was larger. Sure enough it is much larger with nice full picture windows to the delta aircraft gates as well as American airline gates.

Has plate ware as opposed to paper plates and two bars. A main buffet and the smaller buffet from before. Maybe 5-7 minute walk from A8 club.

also only 1/4 to 2/5 full maybe. Lots of open chairs near the windows.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:31 pm

Just got to T4 delta sky club at jfk. There was a sign outside saying at capacity however no line and we scanned right in. Definitely busy but easily found seats next to the window.

4:10 pm EST.

Arrived at T2 and walked past the sky club since Im connecting at T4 but the T2 club didnt have any capacity sign.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Frozenguy
Just got to T4 delta sky club at jfk. There was a sign outside saying at capacity however no line and we scanned right in. Definitely busy but easily found seats next to the window.

4:10 pm EST.

Arrived at T2 and walked past the sky club since Im connecting at T4 but the T2 club didnt have any capacity sign.
With the Centurion Lounge right next to the bus/jitney, I (and I imagine others) now more or less avoid the T2 SkyClub when I can. Very easy to check in at T4, go to Centurion Lounge, and take the bus over to T2 when boarding starts.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adelphos
With the Centurion Lounge right next to the bus/jitney, I (and I imagine others) now more or less avoid the T2 SkyClub when I can. Very easy to check in at T4, go to Centurion Lounge, and take the bus over to T2 when boarding starts.
How is the AMEX lounge right next to the bus?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyerCO
How is the AMEX lounge right next to the bus?
Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but

1) Amex lounge is essentially right across the hallway from T4 security (so under a 60 second walk to the lounge from security)
2) You walk through the retail center to the B gates for 3 minutes or so
3) The Jitney is located near B18 - the first set of gates you see
4) Bus takes about 2 or three minutes to get to c gates

So walking from the Centurion Lounge to the gate area, the Jitney entrance is essentially closer than any actual B gate.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:58 pm

The workflow is:

Check in at T4 (black bar)
Walk to blue dot (Amex Lounge!
Walk to Jitney (Green dot)

Delta SkyClub (yellow) included for spatial reference

Last edited by Adelphos; Aug 23, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Old Aug 23, 2022, 7:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Frozenguy
On my last trip through JFK T4 a few weeks ago, there was a short line downstairs outside the entrance where an employee was scanning people in and giving them a green ticket, then you went inside and showed the green ticket at the top of the escalator. I have no idea what this was supposed to accomplish, but whatever. Also the person downstairs was keeping the line on the moving walkway side of the path, rather than against the wall where the sliding door entrance was, which meant that the process interacted poorly with people just trying to pass by, and also more than one person unknowingly (or knowingly) tried to cut the line and just walk in since it wasn't clear it was a line for the SC vs. just some DL employee helping people in the concourse.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Trying to use a guest pass to grant access to a friend who is flying a different itinerary. Their flight leaves 2 hours after mine. Does the 3 hour rule apply to both people?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Trying to use a guest pass to grant access to a friend who is flying a different itinerary. Their flight leaves 2 hours after mine. Does the 3 hour rule apply to both people?
My guess is each person is subject to the 3-hour rule independently. My suggestion is for him to standby for an earlier flight with no intention of taking it.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
OMG

Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:38 pm

thats about a 20 min wait at that point.

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just had my first "club at capacity" experience 30 min ago: I was scanned in to the club here at FLL and as I was walking up the stairs I heard the agent say to the next person that they were at capacity. Sure enough: it's tighter than a cow's fanny in fly season up here. I found a spot but it is packed.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Just had my first "club at capacity" experience 30 min ago: I was scanned in to the club here at FLL and as I was walking up the stairs I heard the agent say to the next person that they were at capacity. Sure enough: it's tighter than a cow's fanny in fly season up here. I found a spot but it is packed.
The one year old FLL club is amazingly small.
Ryno1234 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Hard to predict rhyme or reason.....

Last week DTW club Upper A on Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty quiet.

ATL T club on Wednesday late afternoon was relatively quiet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.