Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Old Aug 1, 22, 1:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does "location" mean the airport or a specific lounge? I would have thought that it's one specific lounge.
hhdl likes this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Does "location" mean the airport or a specific lounge? I would have thought that it's one specific lounge.
That's what I've seen when traveling companions purchase the pass; they were always told that the pass was good only for the club we were going in to.
Old Aug 1, 22, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dcadwell View Post
That's what I've seen when traveling companions purchase the pass; they were always told that the pass was good only for the club we were going in to.
If you get a printed receipt they stamp it. Itll simply say ATL SC or DTW SC, etc. However with the new kiosks, you don't get a recipet. You thus only get into the one club.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
If you get a printed receipt they stamp it. Itll simply say ATL SC or DTW SC, etc. However with the new kiosks, you don't get a recipet. You thus only get into the one club.
I would hope that someone who paid would be able to get back into that one (same) lounge if the customer were to go to the gate and find that the flight is severely delayed. In the past, at most lounges, the dragon would simply recognize the person and wave them back in without checking credentials, but now the SCs are too busy for this to work unless someone really looks distinctive. Maybe the person would need to dye the hair some bright color and wear an improbable costume to cause the dragons to remember the person.
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I think this is a bit of a side/ non issue

1) People going from club to club at an airport probably arent contributing to additional crowding. Its just moving people who already have secured access from one club to another

2) Day passes are only available to one set of customers - cardholders of the Amex Delta Platinum card

3) Getting rid of day passes at this point means devaluing the Amex Delta Platinum card - something that seems unlikely

4) People also seem to be referring to guest access as also day passes - again, getting rid of guest access for cardholders or other sets of customers would be a big devaluation that Delta would have to feel is worth it

Last edited by Adelphos; Aug 1, 22 at 1:51 pm
Old Aug 1, 22, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The SkyBonus program still has SC Single Visit Pass redemption option (currently 5 for 105,000 points).
Old Aug 1, 22, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
I think this is a bit of a side/ non issue

1) People going from club to club at an airport probably arent contributing to additional crowding. Its just moving people who already have secured access from one club to another

2) Day passes are only available to one set of customers - cardholders of the Amex Delta Platinum card

3) Getting rid of day passes at this point means devaluing the Amex Delta Platinum card - something that seems unlikely

4) People also seem to be referring to guest access as also day passes - again, getting rid of guest access for cardholders or other sets of customers would be a big devaluation that Delta would have to feel is worth it

4)They used to be in fact "day" passes. However a couple years back (before CV19 hit) they switched from "day" to "single" visit passes.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Fair point; haven't traveled with anyone who didn't already get access post-kiosk implementation.
Old Aug 3, 22, 6:36 am

Day passes are also available for purchase by (i) all Reserve cardholder guests who do not hold any Amex card (i.e. minor children traveling with Reserve cardholder) as well as (ii) all Reserve cardholders get 2 SC guest passes each year upon card renewal.
Old Aug 3, 22, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
Day passes are also available for purchase by (i) all Reserve cardholder guests who do not hold any Amex card (i.e. minor children traveling with Reserve cardholder) as well as (ii) all Reserve cardholders get 2 SC guest passes each year upon card renewal.
This is guest access for holders of the Delta Reserve, not day passes

They key point being that the Delta Reserve cardholder must be present for any kind of access - individuals connected to Reserve cardholders cant show up to the club by themselves and pay for entry or use one of Reserve guest passes
ijgordon and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 3, 22, 7:28 pm

This is guest access for holders of the Delta Reserve, not day passes

They key point being that the Delta Reserve cardholder must be present for any kind of access - individuals connected to Reserve cardholders cant show up to the club by themselves and pay for entry or use one of Reserve guest passes
My spouse as an AU on my Reserve card enters SC all the time without me for a flat $175 annual fee.
Old Aug 3, 22, 8:04 pm

My spouse as an AU on my Reserve card enters SC all the time without me for a flat $175 annual fee.
Yes.

That is one of the benefits of the $175 fee.

Not the same thing.
Adelphos and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 3, 22, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Right cause she has a Reserve card. Youre paying $175 for the AU to get a reserve card instead of a free AMEX DELTA PLT.

We're discussing single visit guest passes.
Old Aug 4, 22, 7:44 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
I am curious to see how much of the club crowding situation just takes care of itself moving in September and out of the peak Spring Break & Summer travel season that pretty much rolled together from April - August.
Old Aug 4, 22, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
I am curious to see how much of the club crowding situation just takes care of itself moving in September and out of the peak Spring Break & Summer travel season that pretty much rolled together from April - August.
Chatting with a redcoat the other day and historically September to May (excluding Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Years/Spring Break) was solo business travelers (who take up only one SC spot) but during the summer months it is primarily families who take up multiple SC spots.

Search this Thread