Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Old Aug 1, 22, 1:09 am
  #346  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 100,021
Does "location" mean the airport or a specific lounge? I would have thought that it's one specific lounge.
hhdl likes this.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Aug 1, 22, 10:06 am
  #347  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Delta PM
Posts: 790
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Does "location" mean the airport or a specific lounge? I would have thought that it's one specific lounge.
That's what I've seen when traveling companions purchase the pass; they were always told that the pass was good only for the club we were going in to.
dcadwell is online now  
Old Aug 1, 22, 12:19 pm
  #348  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 24,749
Originally Posted by dcadwell View Post
That's what I've seen when traveling companions purchase the pass; they were always told that the pass was good only for the club we were going in to.
If you get a printed receipt they stamp it. Itll simply say ATL SC or DTW SC, etc. However with the new kiosks, you don't get a recipet. You thus only get into the one club.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
flyerCO is online now  
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:31 pm
  #349  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 100,021
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
If you get a printed receipt they stamp it. Itll simply say ATL SC or DTW SC, etc. However with the new kiosks, you don't get a recipet. You thus only get into the one club.
I would hope that someone who paid would be able to get back into that one (same) lounge if the customer were to go to the gate and find that the flight is severely delayed. In the past, at most lounges, the dragon would simply recognize the person and wave them back in without checking credentials, but now the SCs are too busy for this to work unless someone really looks distinctive. Maybe the person would need to dye the hair some bright color and wear an improbable costume to cause the dragons to remember the person.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:43 pm
  #350  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC (LGA, JFK), CT
Programs: Delta Diamond, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 4,012
I think this is a bit of a side/ non issue

1) People going from club to club at an airport probably arent contributing to additional crowding. Its just moving people who already have secured access from one club to another

2) Day passes are only available to one set of customers - cardholders of the Amex Delta Platinum card

3) Getting rid of day passes at this point means devaluing the Amex Delta Platinum card - something that seems unlikely

4) People also seem to be referring to guest access as also day passes - again, getting rid of guest access for cardholders or other sets of customers would be a big devaluation that Delta would have to feel is worth it

Last edited by Adelphos; Aug 1, 22 at 1:51 pm
Adelphos is online now  
Old Aug 1, 22, 2:17 pm
  #351  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,142
The SkyBonus program still has SC Single Visit Pass redemption option (currently 5 for 105,000 points).
xliioper is offline  
Old Aug 1, 22, 5:08 pm
  #352  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 24,749
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
I think this is a bit of a side/ non issue

1) People going from club to club at an airport probably arent contributing to additional crowding. Its just moving people who already have secured access from one club to another

2) Day passes are only available to one set of customers - cardholders of the Amex Delta Platinum card

3) Getting rid of day passes at this point means devaluing the Amex Delta Platinum card - something that seems unlikely

4) People also seem to be referring to guest access as also day passes - again, getting rid of guest access for cardholders or other sets of customers would be a big devaluation that Delta would have to feel is worth it

4)They used to be in fact "day" passes. However a couple years back (before CV19 hit) they switched from "day" to "single" visit passes.
PanAmSam likes this.
flyerCO is online now  
Old Aug 2, 22, 2:10 pm
  #353  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Delta PM
Posts: 790
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
If you get a printed receipt they stamp it. Itll simply say ATL SC or DTW SC, etc. However with the new kiosks, you don't get a recipet. You thus only get into the one club.
Fair point; haven't traveled with anyone who didn't already get access post-kiosk implementation.
dcadwell is online now  
Old Aug 3, 22, 6:36 am
  #354  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 3,641
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post

2) Day passes are only available to one set of customers - cardholders of the Amex Delta Platinum card
Day passes are also available for purchase by (i) all Reserve cardholder guests who do not hold any Amex card (i.e. minor children traveling with Reserve cardholder) as well as (ii) all Reserve cardholders get 2 SC guest passes each year upon card renewal.
sydneyracquelle is offline  
Old Aug 3, 22, 7:36 am
  #355  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC (LGA, JFK), CT
Programs: Delta Diamond, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 4,012
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
Day passes are also available for purchase by (i) all Reserve cardholder guests who do not hold any Amex card (i.e. minor children traveling with Reserve cardholder) as well as (ii) all Reserve cardholders get 2 SC guest passes each year upon card renewal.
This is guest access for holders of the Delta Reserve, not day passes

They key point being that the Delta Reserve cardholder must be present for any kind of access - individuals connected to Reserve cardholders cant show up to the club by themselves and pay for entry or use one of Reserve guest passes
ijgordon and IndyHoosier like this.
Adelphos is online now  
Old Aug 3, 22, 7:28 pm
  #356  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 3,641
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
This is guest access for holders of the Delta Reserve, not day passes

They key point being that the Delta Reserve cardholder must be present for any kind of access - individuals connected to Reserve cardholders cant show up to the club by themselves and pay for entry or use one of Reserve guest passes
My spouse as an AU on my Reserve card enters SC all the time without me for a flat $175 annual fee.
sydneyracquelle is offline  
Old Aug 3, 22, 8:04 pm
  #357  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,697
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
My spouse as an AU on my Reserve card enters SC all the time without me for a flat $175 annual fee.
Yes.

That is one of the benefits of the $175 fee.

Not the same thing.
Adelphos and IndyHoosier like this.
Qwkynuf is offline  
Old Aug 3, 22, 8:08 pm
  #358  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 24,749
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
My spouse as an AU on my Reserve card enters SC all the time without me for a flat $175 annual fee.
Right cause she has a Reserve card. Youre paying $175 for the AU to get a reserve card instead of a free AMEX DELTA PLT.

We're discussing single visit guest passes.
flyerCO is online now  
Old Aug 4, 22, 7:44 am
  #359  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: DTW
Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Posts: 936
I am curious to see how much of the club crowding situation just takes care of itself moving in September and out of the peak Spring Break & Summer travel season that pretty much rolled together from April - August.
DTWflyer is offline  
Old Aug 4, 22, 7:52 am
  #360  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 3,641
Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
I am curious to see how much of the club crowding situation just takes care of itself moving in September and out of the peak Spring Break & Summer travel season that pretty much rolled together from April - August.
Chatting with a redcoat the other day and historically September to May (excluding Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Years/Spring Break) was solo business travelers (who take up only one SC spot) but during the summer months it is primarily families who take up multiple SC spots.
sydneyracquelle is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread