Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:21 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by ab2013
Uh... are you confusing that for chicken (tikka) masala? Chicken marsala is an Italian-American dish.
On Delta there is no difference as long as you pair it with a country's wine

I suppose next they will be calling one of their sad boxes a Japanese bento meal
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ab2013
Uh... are you confusing that for chicken (tikka) masala? Chicken marsala is an Italian-American dish.
Oh! Thanks for your efforts! I did not know that. I remember I ate Chicken Marsala with mushrooms at home. It's very good.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:47 am

Anybody have thoughts on the cioppino? I'm between that ave the short rib.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:28 am
formerly willbbiddy

Is C+ getting alcohol on <500 mile flights? Blocked for 1.5 hours.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
Is C+ getting alcohol on <500 mile flights? Blocked for 1.5 hours.
DL does not use block time. Beer and wine on flights over 250 miles and spirits on flights 500 miles or longer according to delta.com. Although there is mention of "other liquor pending crew availability" for 251-499 mile flights, so perhaps you might get lucky if you are looking for something stronger.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 27, 2021 at 6:42 am
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:01 am
formerly willbbiddy

Originally Posted by xliioper
DL does not use block time. Beer and wine on flights over 250 miles and spirits on flights 500 miles or longer according to delta.com. Although there is mention of "other liquor pending crew availability" for 251-499 mile flights, so perhaps you might get lucky if you are looking for something stronger.
Thank you for the info. That's all we're looking for.

I was more just seeing if anyone who's taken a flight on the longer side of under 500 got what is on the site. I haven't flown since July/August and all those were long flights.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:01 am

FC meal between SFO-ATL
N830MH likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
LAX-DCA in Delta One - breakfast

I’m flying LAX-DCA in D1 in a few days. Has anyone tried the breakfast biscuit sandwich?

Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Some new breakfast box options this morning - JFK-SLC choices were charcuterie, overnight oats, or a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese. I went for the bagel, which turned out to be a small bagel with half a golf ball sized scoop of a smoked salmon spread and a dill cream cheese, along with a few slices of cucumber and three half cherry tomatoes. A three bite side of some sort of fruit bread (pineapple?) rounded out the box.

Was actually fairly tasty, though very happy I had breakfast in the SC prior or it would have been a hungry flight over to SLC - this box was a snack, not a meal.

Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:15 pm

Tequila? Drink Menu?

Flew FLL to JFK and went to order my usual tequila with Margarita Mix (haven't flown since covid). Was told by attendant they didn't have tequila I asked him if it's always or just this flight, he didn't know.

Wasn't a drink menu in backseat pocket. Anyone know the drink choices on domestic medium/long haul flights? Or if tequila is off the menu thanks to premade margarita cans.

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They had been serving the Tip-Top pre-mixed margaritas in a can. I don't believe they have any Tequila mini's yet domestically.

Hoyaheel and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skislc
Was actually fairly tasty, though very happy I had breakfast in the SC prior or it would have been a hungry flight over to SLC - this box was a snack, not a meal.
Setting aside my personal questioning as to whether smoked salmon spread should be anything but promptly disposed of in the appropriate hazmat waste receptacle, I agree with you about the bolded. As far as BAS/E is concerned, this is a meal.

ETA: The SLC SC has some of the best food in the network, so, anything you had there would have been better than what's onboard.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:23 pm

Will these new seats for the A321 Neo have foot rests? It looks like a nice seat for DL FC.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by sspontak
Will these new seats for the A321 Neo have foot rests? It looks like a nice seat for DL FC.
No foot rests.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by LAX-1K
I’m flying LAX-DCA in D1 in a few days. Has anyone tried the breakfast biscuit sandwich?

Looks like a refreshed menu to me. Now if they can bring that back to domestic FC...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.