Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Data Point here. I had to cancel a DL Vacations trip that was redeemed during the double miles promotion last year. This past schedule change Saturday the flights went way out of whack making the trip impossible. It was a 7 night trip departing from PNS to ATL then the nonstop to HNL and back. Whole trip changed including an outbound connection in LAX which lost us our D1 seats and made our flight from PNS to ATL way after the ATL to LAX flight is leaving. I called today to cancel and was put on hold as the agent went to speak to a supervisor. When he came back he said that I would not be getting my miles back but would receive a credit for $6300 which was double the points exactly like I used for the promotion. I would also be getting the $557 refunded to my credit card. The flight credit expires Sept. 2021 is what I was told.

Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aww3583
What is the "refund page"?
I assume this one:
"If you’ve already submitted a refund request for an upcoming trip, you may check to see the status of your refund request.
https://www.delta.com/refunds/checkRefundsStatusAction.action"
DLASflyer and aww3583 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Steven Citrin
Curious if I have any options besides just waiting?
I feel like Delta has been giving me the run around since they canceled my first flight on March 29th. First it was 14 days to get a refund and they gave me just a generic email no way to track it online. Then when my second request to cancel a flight happened Sunday i was given a TRR for that one but no representative can find that on the first flight so they said I could start the process over for the original flight cancelation request and wait the now 30 business days (which is almost a month and a half and the supposed 2 months to show on a credit card). So they issued me a TRR for the first flight again and I go in today to check both in the refund portal and sure enough I still can not track the first request using the TRR that they issued to me on the April 19th and Delta cant seem to locate any such TRR for March 29th even though I have the case number from the auto generated email.
It seems like there are two versions of the refund request email (I got two separate emails for the same refund request). There is one that looks like it's mostly text only, and another that is styled more like regular Delta emails with coloring.

In the latter email, you get a phone number (1-800-847-0578). You can call that number and enter in your ticket number (not the TRR number). The system will tell if you there is a pending refund request on the ticket.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto
Is "processed" the same as "pending"?
I requested a refund on 4/5/20. On the Refund page, it still shows as "Pending"
Not by my interpretation! My request showed "pending" the entire time; on the 19th I got an e-mail from Delta saying the refund had been issued. Today it's showing up on my credit card account.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
If my Delta one flight Bud to AMS to Pdx Is messed up by bud to Amsterdam being cancelled, can I ask Delta to reroute me from beg to ams, via klm marketed flight and onto PDX, if that is still valid in June. Since I will be in Serbia, would delta change this for me with no fees.
thx
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto
Is "processed" the same as "pending"?
I requested a refund on 4/5/20. On the Refund page, it still shows as "Pending"
I'm in the same boat but on 4/4/20.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by aww3583
How long are refunds taking?

I'm on day 21 of waiting for a refund. The refund request confirmation email says they can take "up to 21 business days". I assume since airlines operate 7 days a week, I'm on the 21st day.
I was shocked - I requested a refund for two tickets (DL-cancelled) on 4/16. Called in this Monday (4/20) and refund posted to my CC by Wed 4/22. Never got a single email confirmation, but went through in 48 hours.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Very pleasant surprise this morning.

I called DL again Monday to ask for a refund, not the e-credit they promised in a recent e-mail. (I'd responded immediately by e-mail saying I wanted a refund but no answer from them- not surprising). After 45 minutes on Hold I told the agent that I wanted a refund as DOT required. She gave me some song and dance about that not being a requirement if government actions caused the cancellation (in my case, Ecuador closing its borders) but out of the goodness of her heart she was refunding the $1,000 fare to my credit card. The fare difference portion, from a $600 decrease when I changed my departure date after the tour was cut short, will be an e-credit. I was properly obsequious.

The remaining $1,000 for the canceled return trip showed up on my credit card statement this morning. I can live with the $600 e-credit on the fare difference- I'm hoping to go to Belize in October, 2021 and DL has flights there.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I assume this one:
"If you’ve already submitted a refund request for an upcoming trip, you may check to see the status of your refund request.
https://www.delta.com/refunds/checkRefundsStatusAction.action"
Thank you!
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
So I canceled my delta comfort plus ticket that was supposed to fly next week because conference got canceled. Seem I got a full credit using the same ticket number. My question now, if I use this credit to buy a new ticket let's say for late May, will I be able to change/cancel it for free again? Or because it's a different pay system (not a real payment) and/or already got the cancelation fee waved first time then I cannot do it again? In case I can, what is the deadline for free changes?
?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by demkr
I'm in the same boat but on 4/4/20.
I also have a 4/4 refund request showing pending. 13 business days and counting...
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Are people at least getting their refunds after 21 business days? I submitted a request on 4/3 (wish I had acted sooner when they canceled the flights) and still waiting for over $2K
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Are people at least getting their refunds after 21 business days? I submitted a request on 4/3 (wish I had acted sooner when they canceled the flights) and still waiting for over $2K
21 business days is one month.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TerryK
21 business days is one month.
Yes I can count. My question was whether people have started actually receiving their refunds after the stated 21 business days. If yes, then I'll wait else maybe its time to just initiate a charge back.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Yes I can count. My question was whether people have started actually receiving their refunds after the stated 21 business days. If yes, then I'll wait else maybe its time to just initiate a charge back.
Look upthread by a few posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.