Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Opus2002, if you've bought your ticket from DL, you will get a DL e-credit for the full amount paid YYC--BOS--PHL. Your WS flight is probably a codeshare, sold to you under a DL flight #. Your e-credit will be valid on any flight that they will be selling with a DL#. Usually they won't do so on a WS nonstop destination, but they will on most itins where a DL fllght connects to or from a codeshare partner.
opus2002 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by tearex
https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisori...e-requirements

"Tickets originally purchased between March 1 and May 31, 2020, can be changed without a change fee* for up to a year from the date you purchased it. "
Do that mean the change and cancellation fee will be waived until one year from the date of purchase (e.g. May 31,2021), and the travel credit resulted from cancelled tickets is valid for booking of any flights before Sept 30, 2022?
Old Apr 18, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GregInMN
I had four trips planned. Two in April (international), one in June (domestic) and one in September (international). The first three are now cancelled, the September trip is still on at this point - all the details are in "My Trip". However, it ALSO shows as an e-credit to be used by 9/30/2022 in"My Wallet", is this normal? I've not seen this before
I am seeing the same thing. I have 3 trips currently still booked: June (Domestic), July (International), and October (International). Both the international trips, July and October, show an e-credit with "no value" attached. Nothing regarding the domestic trip in June. My guess is it's some sort of IT glitch related to international trips. It makes sense there is no value since the value of the tickets are currently applied to active PNRs.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
What is the significance of April 17th in this statement? "have upcoming travel already booked for March through September 30, 2020 as of April 17, 2020"

Are tickets purchased by then treated differently than ones May 31st? I imagine there's some small discrepancy that I'm failing to notice.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I remembered reading somewhere that Delta is waiving award ticket redeposit fee for certain period of time, but I can't seem to find it. Could someone please point it out where is information is? Thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 6:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by opus2002
I remembered reading somewhere that Delta is waiving award ticket redeposit fee for certain period of time, but I can't seem to find it. Could someone please point it out where is information is? Thanks.
One page back in this thread

EDIT: added some links to the wiki (I thought we had these before but I wonder if thread merging wipes out wikis...)

Originally Posted by Zorak
Item 10 under FAQS:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisori...ravel/overview

"10. What if I paid for my original trip with miles?

The same rules apply whether a flight is booked with cash or miles. For award flights that qualify for a change fee waiver, we are also waiving the mile redeposit fee."
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...lletin-5.html#

very interesting to read. Seems like class-class even exchange is extended to 09/22?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 6:04 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I had an itn which got upgraded via an RUC, which I cancelled the same day on-line, I got an email that I would be getting a REFUND to my CC. After 27 days no credit was showing. I called, they didn't cancel the base ticket, 2 days later my cc showed the credit.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:27 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Has anyone had issues with applying evouchers? I have noticed a couple of issues, wondering if there are work arounds.

1. By visiting delta.com/certificates - I can see all of them but only will let me apply one from this screen. If I select two or three and then go to flight search it only really attaches one.

2. Trying to attach them via the check out screen brings up a screen with all of them but no way to click to actually attach them.

I have tried a couple of computers to no avail.... any one have the similar issues?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by octr202
Can't add any info yet, but just landed it what seems like exact same situation. Had BOS-DTW-FRA round trip (5/22-6/1) booked, was waiting until they changed the flight to try to get a refund. Yesterday the flights disappeared and now my account shows a credit with an error message for value, and expiring 12 months from original ticket date. Definitely need to get that fixed or refunded as we're unlikely to be able to take this vacation trip in 2020 at this rate. Only notice received was a very generic, undetailed email saying "your trip has been cancelled, you're getting a credit."

Currently DL is offering alternate itineraries for our original travel dates, but they're now on double connection routes via some combination or DTW/ATL and CDG/AMS both ways. I'm assuming that going from one connection to two should normally qualify for a refund.

Planning to give it a couple days to see if something shakes out then I'll try to see if I can get answers. I'll be sure to post back on what happens as a non-status non-regular DL flyer.
Called DL refunds (800-847-0578) today, other than a 45 minute hold time absolutely no issue with granting a refund over the phone. I am concerned that I was told there's no separate confirmation for the refund (use ticket # for reference going forward) and no email confirmation of refund yet, but we'll see. I was warned that due to volume it could take up to 21 days for it to show on credit card.

No pressure at all to either rebook, take credit, etc., though I did start the call by clearly stating "refund for flights cancelled by DL." Potentially very happy with result pending refund processing properly.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:42 am

Quick question - couldn't find an answer after searching. I've taken an eCredit for a flight I couldn't take due to Coronavirus. Now looking to rebook, and new flights are cheaper than the credit amount. Do I get another voucher for the leftover eCredit value?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
One page back in this thread

EDIT: added some links to the wiki (I thought we had these before but I wonder if thread merging wipes out wikis...)
"For award flights that qualify for a change fee waiver, we are also waiving the mile redeposit fee."

So what award flights don't qualify?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ab2013
"For award flights that qualify for a change fee waiver, we are also waiving the mile redeposit fee."

So what award flights don't qualify?
Those that fall outside the conditions listed on the website.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Those that fall outside the conditions listed on the website.
So any ticket purchased between March 1 and May 31 qualifies? Like there aren't any exceptions for those, right?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:44 pm

Bought a DL flight in April 2020 for travel in November 2020 (using cash). Saw that the price went down for those flights, so given the free change/cancellations, tried to cancel my flight and rebook. However, Delta's automated cancellation system says it's still charging me a $200 cancellation fee, even though there's a coronavirus waiver. anyone else having this issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.