Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Just a thought that crossed my mind: Are redeposit fees for award tickets waived this month? Example: I book travel for August/September and decide to cancel it in August before departure at least 3 days before departure - would the miles get redeposited back into my account?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by ab2013
Just a thought that crossed my mind: Are redeposit fees for award tickets waived this month? Example: I book travel for August/September and decide to cancel it in August before departure at least 3 days before departure - would the miles get redeposited back into my account?
I just did the same for summer travel and was told I would be able to and it was also mentioned online before check out.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by shmom
Yesterday, my parents cancelled their international travel with Delta - about $5,000 for the two tickets. They received a full refund on credit card, no voucher. Travel was set for mid April. Wished I had done that I have one voucher with Delta for a huge amount and still waiting for Chase to find the $2,200 that Delta refunded to them five days ago for a flight.
Did they cancel their international trip online or over the phone? When calling I am told it is a voucher for full amount but online I see it gives the option to REQUEST REFUND however it states "subject to audit".
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Are partner award flights booked through delta.com eligible for the fee waiver as well? Online it's trying to charge a 227 $ AUD redeposit fee. VA flight.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, 1MM/Marriott Titanium
So...what is "Reclaim My Status" going to look like next year?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by travelina
Did they cancel their international trip online or over the phone? When calling I am told it is a voucher for full amount but online I see it gives the option to REQUEST REFUND however it states "subject to audit".
Poster above posted a screenshot with "subject to final audit". Is that what you see online when you hit "request refund"?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32169167-post214.html
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
I was expecting an eCredit voucher, but instead the website and email told me I'd get a refund.
All flights seem to still be running when I check them individually on Expertflyer, but I can't get delta.com to give me *any* itinerary from my origin to destination on the intended travel days. I can find the flights on kayak.com, though.
Did the email include the "subject to final audit" language from your screenshot?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Benchwarmer
I cancelled a nonrefundable ticket this morning online. The $200 change/cancellation fee was deducted, and I received an e-credit in my wallet for the ticket price minus the $200. I called DL, and the call center has now assured me that when I use the e-credit, the $200 will be added to it. I'm assuming this means I'll have to re-book using the call center rather than online, but it makes me nervous that the e-credit is $200 short. Has anyone else experienced this same scenario?
Yes- they are ALWAYS like that.... If there is a fee waiver, it is NOT indicated on what you see in your wallet. And, yes, you DO have to CALL to rebook it if you do not want to lose the $200 - I've done it many times...
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Originally Posted by travelina
My mother called Delta and they offered a full refund to them. She called me today on speaker with my dad confirming in the background that the receipt shows it is going back on their credit card. Of course, I will report back.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by richarddd
Did the email include the "subject to final audit" language from your screenshot?
No
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:45 pm

I'm waiting to here a bit more about this. Wife just cancelled DTW-ORD and was given eCredit of fare less $200 in the wallet... We have large D1 international trip next week and the cancellation fee is $6500 EACH... Would really like to see that full amount somewhere before pulling the trigger. On endless hold.....
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Have tried to cancel an award travel for Transatlantic/London travel April 1-7. Tried online but seem mileage redeposit fee still apply. Will wait and see if that will be waived.

Jiburi
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
India just announced that they’re cancelling all visas effective March 13 through April 15 for all foreigners.

Will DL effectively suspend JFK-BOM during this time? I have a RT booked during these dates and given I haven’t applied for my visa yet...I’m thinking I’ll have to cancel...
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
India just announced that they’re cancelling all visas effective March 13 through April 15 for all foreigners.

Will DL effectively suspend JFK-BOM during this time? I have a RT booked during these dates and given I haven’t applied for my visa yet...I’m thinking I’ll have to cancel...
I already posted that information in another thread and I suspect DL will suspend that flight.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by btonkid12345

I am booked with DL miles on AF to India. What are my options? Not sure when we will go so is a full cancellation allowed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.