Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Refundable fares mean that you can cancel and get a refund back to your credit card. Non-refundable fares can still be cancelled for an eCredit for future travel, but not for a refund back to your credit card.
My daughter and I each receceived a voucher for 600€ from AF due to an Involuntarily DBC - Refundable type. But I cannot find where to get our hands on this refund.

The original ticket was purchased for us by Ociania in connection with the end our our cruise. Our return flight was overbooked and we were not able to rebook on any carrier for the same day or even next day. We were rebooked two days after the originally scheduled departure and provided a printout of the voucher with no useful instructions as to how to turn the voucher into money in the bank.
the airline did cover hotels fir two days including breakfast and dinner and the vouchers mentioned above.
Of course I was sent to the website to followup with AF but there i found nothing useful. I tried calling but the autimated message just say to make a claim. I tried entering the details on the claim site even though I already have a voucher...so is this not past the claim process? But when I tried to make a claim, and enter my booking details and I was told the ste is down try again in 24 hours.

Is there a way to redeem the voucher or was it offered to me just to get me to leave the airport?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Esther Spiegel Bland
My daughter and I each receceived a voucher for 600€ from AF due to an Involuntarily DBC - Refundable type. But I cannot find where to get our hands on this refund.

The original ticket was purchased for us by Ociania in connection with the end our our cruise. Our return flight was overbooked and we were not able to rebook on any carrier for the same day or even next day. We were rebooked two days after the originally scheduled departure and provided a printout of the voucher with no useful instructions as to how to turn the voucher into money in the bank.
the airline did cover hotels fir two days including breakfast and dinner and the vouchers mentioned above.
Of course I was sent to the website to followup with AF but there i found nothing useful. I tried calling but the autimated message just say to make a claim. I tried entering the details on the claim site even though I already have a voucher...so is this not past the claim process? But when I tried to make a claim, and enter my booking details and I was told the ste is down try again in 24 hours.

Is there a way to redeem the voucher or was it offered to me just to get me to leave the airport?
To redeem call AF. Or you can call DL reservation, but you'll need to ask to be transferred to joint venture support desk to book using an AF voucher.

You can just turn voucher into cash at bank. When AF denied you boarding they would've given two options, a cash offer, or a voucher worth a bit more than if you elected cash. By electing voucher, you can no longer select the cash option.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
To redeem call AF. Or you can call DL reservation, but you'll need to ask to be transferred to joint venture support desk to book using an AF voucher.

You can just turn voucher into cash at bank. When AF denied you boarding they would've given two options, a cash offer, or a voucher worth a bit more than if you elected cash. By electing voucher, you can no longer select the cash option.
I think I misspoke. I chose the lowest offer.
but getting through to someone at AF is a problem.
I will see if I have any better luck with Delta asking fir the joint venture support desk. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:24 am

How long does it take to have a booking actually cancelled if selecting the refund option on the website, for something that couldn't automatically be cancelled/refunded and needs to go to an agent?

I had a r/t booked through DL that included AF flights, and I need to book a new one way trip using the same set of AF flights but need to avoid duplicate booking on the same flight. Requested cancel for the round trip via DL website on Monday morning but I can still see the booking active if I look it up under Manage My Trips?
Old Aug 17, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Finally catching up to all the Covid cancellations.

I had a few fully refundable tickets which were automatically cancelled and I received eCredits. Because of potential currency exchange losses I decided not to request a refund back then, but now with the eCredits expiring a refund would be the preferred option.

Any experiences with this situation? As the tickets were booked as fully refundable, shoudn't I be eligible for a refund? I was never asked whether I wanted eCredits nor did I do anything actively to approve of it.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by ritesa

I had a few fully refundable tickets which were automatically cancelled and I received eCredits. Because of potential currency exchange losses I decided not to request a refund back then, but now with the eCredits expiring a refund would be the preferred option.

Any experiences with this situation? As the tickets were booked as fully refundable, shoudn't I be eligible for a refund? I was never asked whether I wanted eCredits nor did I do anything actively to approve of it.
Three plus years later you decide you want a refund??? Come on.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Three plus years later you decide you want a refund??? Come on.
Well - I did book a fully refundable ticket.

Finally managed to get hold of a DL customer service agent via the chat (the AF/KL agents that you get on the phone in Europe can't really do anything that's even a tad bit unusual), she had a look at the original tickets and initiated the refund.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by ritesa

I had several covid-era non-refundable tickets that should have been refunded due to cancellations or significant schedule changes, but that were also issued as an eCredit. I used a couple of them in the interim, but this January (2023) I requested refunds via Contact Us (since I was dropping from PM to FO and figured I should do it while I still theoretically had access to the more experienced agents). I received a positive response relatively quickly and had the refunds posted to my credit card several days later.

I suspect Delta defaults to issuing an eCredit because of breakage -- some portion of passengers will not request refunds, and then eventually the credits will expire. That said, for all the various complaints I have about DL, getting refunds when eligible is not one of them.
ritesa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.