Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by EBiafore99
Modes - you can merge this with an existing thread, but I thought is was a significant release by DL. Kudos to DL for this:

https://news.delta.com/flexibility-t...travel-2-years
Has anyone seen their existing credits update? Mine still show the old expiration dates, although I know its very a recent update.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Has anyone seen their existing credits update? Mine still show the old expiration dates, although I know its very a recent update.
"All applicable eCredits will be automatically extended for travel to be completed through May 31, 2022, so there’s no action needed on your part. Delta is working on a solution to display the new expiration dates on Delta.com, so even if your eCredit for canceled travel has not yet been processed or extended, rest assured that your flight value is secure. If you are ready to book your new trip now and don’t yet see your eCredit or have an issue booking via delta.com, please have your old ticket number ready when you call our Reservations team."

Give it a little time...
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
"All applicable eCredits will be automatically extended for travel to be completed through May 31, 2022, so there’s no action needed on your part. Delta is working on a solution to display the new expiration dates on Delta.com, so even if your eCredit for canceled travel has not yet been processed or extended, rest assured that your flight value is secure. If you are ready to book your new trip now and don’t yet see your eCredit or have an issue booking via delta.com, please have your old ticket number ready when you call our Reservations team."

Give it a little time...
Haha just read that in an email from Delta as you posted . Kudos to Delta!
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:39 am

I'd like to applaud Delta's response on this so far... out of all the other carriers I'm assisting my family with, DL's policies and responses have been the most consistent, fair, and demonstrating of human compassion.

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Does anyone have any idea how a refund for a flight paid for with multiple DL gift cards would be handled by Delta ? Would they just reissue one GC for the price of the flight ?

We have one flight paid for with miles and the other on multiple DL GCs. Thanks
I had a MR trip that was fully booked with a single GC that ended up being cancelled since multiple segments got cancelled. When I called in, the agent had to piece together back my ticket (it was in shambles and somehow got split when the system attempted to auto rebook) and filled out the refund request form for me. When I inquired about the form of refund, the agent said that it would be up the refund desk. I'm still waiting for a response back, but can update when I eventually get the response. In the meantime, the date of the trip has passed and the ticket was auto converted to ecredit when I didn't fly. I'm holding off touching the ecredit until I get a response back. I also haven't thrown out the gift card yet.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:40 am

Refunds?

I have a flight that was scheduled to leave ICN at approximately 7Pm on 5/30. Delta changed the flight to now leave at 1045am on 5/30

I tried to cancel the flight for a refused and this is what I was told over Twitter. Does this sound correct? I would prefer to just cancel the trip for a refund to my CC

While the tickets are nonrefundable, what we can do is this. This policy applies to all tickets issued prior to April 3, 2020, which you did and are traveling in May, therefore, the waiver applies to these tickets. Tickets normally expire one year after purchase, but we’re providing waived change fees and greater flexibility to travel through May 31, 2022, for customers who: •have upcoming travel already booked in April or May 2020 as of April 3, 2020 •have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March, April or May 2020
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Award travel to IST

I am holding an award ticket:
PHL-BOS-AMS-IST scheduled for last week of May 2020. Appears that KL flight from AMS to IST will be canceled, although not officially not off schedule.
For this one way travel I paid 15K points plus taxes.
I will most likely attempt this same itinerary later in 2020.
If ultimately cancelled, what options might I be offered by DL?
At that price I would NOT like a redeposit of miles, but instead a date reschedule. The problem is that I am unable to find the same itinerary at the same 15K miles for ANY date in 2020. Would I be accommodated on another itinerary in economy at the original pricing? I have no status with DL.
Thanks.

Last edited by cagcag; Apr 12, 2020 at 2:16 pm
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by dan7800
I have a flight that was scheduled to leave ICN at approximately 7Pm on 5/30. Delta changed the flight to now leave at 1045am on 5/30

I tried to cancel the flight for a refused and this is what I was told over Twitter. Does this sound correct? I would prefer to just cancel the trip for a refund to my CC

While the tickets are nonrefundable, what we can do is this. This policy applies to all tickets issued prior to April 3, 2020, which you did and are traveling in May, therefore, the waiver applies to these tickets. Tickets normally expire one year after purchase, but we’re providing waived change fees and greater flexibility to travel through May 31, 2022, for customers who: •have upcoming travel already booked in April or May 2020 as of April 3, 2020 •have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March, April or May 2020
Naturally, Delta would prefer that you accept a voucher and not request a refund. They are trying to conserve cash. With the change in flight time of over 90 minutes, you are perfectly within your rights to request a complete refund. Delta will refund immediately.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Give it a little time...
Same story here. My voucher expires in August of this year (it was for an April flight to Italy, booked last year in September).
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:24 pm

Department of transportation just issued this... https://www.transportation.gov/brief...mpact-covid-19.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
Originally Posted by stubbyjo1bob
Department of transportation just issued this... https://www.transportation.gov/brief...mpact-covid-19.
Wow...I really thought the DOT was going to go the way of France and let airlines refuse refunds. Happy to see they didn't.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:47 pm

Has anyone purchased with GC and personal CC for remainder?

Used $50x2 to purchase domestic fare for March which I already submitted for cancellation
&
Used $50x1 to purchase another domestic fare for March which I already submitted for cancellation

Would they refund everything back as eCredit?

It's been about 10-11 business days, so I wasn't sure if this delay was normal.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
I'd like to applaud Delta's response on this so far... out of all the other carriers I'm assisting my family with, DL's policies and responses have been the most consistent, fair, and demonstrating of human compassion.

I had a MR trip that was fully booked with a single GC that ended up being cancelled since multiple segments got cancelled. When I called in, the agent had to piece together back my ticket (it was in shambles and somehow got split when the system attempted to auto rebook) and filled out the refund request form for me. When I inquired about the form of refund, the agent said that it would be up the refund desk. I'm still waiting for a response back, but can update when I eventually get the response. In the meantime, the date of the trip has passed and the ticket was auto converted to ecredit when I didn't fly. I'm holding off touching the ecredit until I get a response back. I also haven't thrown out the gift card yet.
Thanks, we have the GC's also.............do you know when the Ecredit expires and is the expiration date a book by date or travel by date ? Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
We've already had a Companion Fare trip cancelled and the Certificate was reactivated with the original date and will expire unused if there's no additional extension.
They already extended companion certs expiring soon until 12/31, I would assume they'll do something similar as they just did with the eCredits. Their Amex relationship makes them a lot of money, and not extending them would upset a lot of cardholders. I'm surprised we haven't seen increased bonuses on the DL Amex cards, unless that's part of their contract (I would assume DL would want to sell as many miles as it can to Amex, to increase cash).
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by AJW222
Hi all,

I am Canadian citizen travelling ICN-SEA-YVR and have 21 hour wait in SEA for my flight to YVR. I would like to book a hotel but am concerned that US Border and Protection Services will not allow me in given everything that happening . Does anyone know if there are entry restrictions on foreigners, who are in in transit, booking a hotel outside of the airport? Thanks in advance.
There is no different between a transit vs non-transit person entering the US.

If you're not allowed to enter the US due to corona right now, you will not be allowed to board the plane in Korea. Transiting in US = Entering in US.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Naturally, Delta would prefer that you accept a voucher and not request a refund. They are trying to conserve cash. With the change in flight time of over 90 minutes, you are perfectly within your rights to request a complete refund. Delta will refund immediately.
I said that since the time change was more than 90 minutes I wanted a refund, and they quickly obliged. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.