FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:55 am
Mr. Tickets

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by dan7800
I have a flight that was scheduled to leave ICN at approximately 7Pm on 5/30. Delta changed the flight to now leave at 1045am on 5/30

I tried to cancel the flight for a refused and this is what I was told over Twitter. Does this sound correct? I would prefer to just cancel the trip for a refund to my CC

While the tickets are nonrefundable, what we can do is this. This policy applies to all tickets issued prior to April 3, 2020, which you did and are traveling in May, therefore, the waiver applies to these tickets. Tickets normally expire one year after purchase, but we’re providing waived change fees and greater flexibility to travel through May 31, 2022, for customers who: •have upcoming travel already booked in April or May 2020 as of April 3, 2020 •have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March, April or May 2020
Naturally, Delta would prefer that you accept a voucher and not request a refund. They are trying to conserve cash. With the change in flight time of over 90 minutes, you are perfectly within your rights to request a complete refund. Delta will refund immediately.