Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

Hi, I have $1300 on a Delta ecredit that is expiring on June 19 2019. I cannot fly anywhere before then. What is the best way to not lose my $$?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:45 am

As I understand it, as long as you use it prior to the expiration date you should be fine. So even if you can't travel before June 19 if you use it prior to June 19, booking a flight in August (for example) you'll be find.
This is what I was told by Delta via telephone on Wednesday when I needed their assistance booking a flight by ecredit (went through the whole process on delta.com only to get the "this can't be redeemed online, you must call" message when trying to complete the booking).
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What do the terms of your ecredit say?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rsqrott
As I understand it, as long as you use it prior to the expiration date you should be fine. So even if you can't travel before June 19 if you use it prior to June 19, booking a flight in August (for example) you'll be find.
This is what I was told by Delta via telephone on Wednesday when I needed their assistance booking a flight by ecredit (went through the whole process on delta.com only to get the "this can't be redeemed online, you must call" message when trying to complete the booking).
To be clear, you mean booking a flight now (or at least by June 19th, which might mean on June 19th or before June 19th in some indeterminate time zone) for travel in August.

Don't forget that there could be some issues if the OP would need to change the ticket, although it's obviously better to try to use it than just to let it expire.

OP should start by reading the T&C of his/her specific credit rather than expecting people to guess at what they might say.
Mr. Tickets likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:21 am
Original Poster

copied from T&C

This is what the T&C says
  • Validity Period: This is a residual eCredit from a partially redeemed TCV, DBC or non refundable eTicket and is valid for 1 year from the original documents date of issue.
  • Residual Value: If redeemed for less than its face value, the residual value of an eCredit(s) may be applied to subsequent ticket purchases at www.delta.com/redeem. The expiration date of the original eCredit will apply to any residual value. Residual value of a eCredit may only be used by the original eCredit owner.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

• Here's my T&C
  • Validity Period: This is a residual eCredit from a partially redeemed TCV, DBC or non refundable eTicket and is valid for 1 year from the original documents date of issue.
  • Residual Value: If redeemed for less than its face value, the residual value of an eCredit(s) may be applied to subsequent ticket purchases at www.delta.com/redeem. The expiration date of the original eCredit will apply to any residual value. Residual value of a eCredit may only be used by the original eCredit owner.
  • Ticketing Information: Please redeem this eCredit at www.delta.com/redeem. Redemptions at www.delta.com/redeem will not incur a transaction fee. Fees will apply if eCredit is redeemed through any other Delta location. Certificate/eCredit may not be redeemed at travel agencies, other airlines, or other travel websites. Once ticketed, penalties may apply for changes, per the fare rule purchased.
  • Transferability/Redemption: This eCredit is non-transferable. Only 1 of this type of eCredit may be applied to a ticket.
  • Theft or Loss: eCredit will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:16 am
Original Poster

• Ticketing Information: Please redeem this eCredit at www.delta.com/redeem. Redemptions at www.delta.com/redeem will not incur a transaction fee. Fees will apply if eCredit is redeemed through any other Delta location. Certificate/eCredit may not be redeemed at travel agencies, other airlines, or other travel websites. Once ticketed, penalties may apply for changes, per the fare rule purchased.
  • Transferability/Redemption: This eCredit is non-transferable. Only 1 of this type of eCredit may be applied to a ticket.
  • Theft or Loss: eCredit will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Can you really not fly before June? You could use that to buy a domestic first class ticket. Go on a nice long weekend someplace.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:19 am
Original Poster

If I could, I would have not posted this question. Just sayin'
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
you just need to spend it by that expiry date, which gives you travel dates almost a year past that.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:40 pm

Assuming it is a 006054 which can only be used by you, book something by June for travel by May of 2020. Surely you can find a one way ticket that you can travel on and enjoy within the next 15 months.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:11 pm

DL Corona Virus COVID-19 Affecting Travel - Help and Q&A

Wheres Delta?

Newsroom - American Airlines Waiving Change Fees for Customers Purchasing Travel Between March 1 and March 16 - American Airlines Group, Inc.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
DL Coronavirus Affecting Status/Travel/Waivers Posted in APAC/EU

Folks - As requested, we are splitting out the DL Coronavirus Discussion Going Forward.
kthomas likes this.

Last edited by ryandc99; Apr 13, 2020 at 7:57 pm
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:19 pm

Trip to Japan in early August. Purchased two tickets in D1 with miles. Lost platinum status after purchase. If I have to cancel, what will the FEES be without platinum reissue waiver? Will the fee be a points deduction or a cash charge. Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Klarity7
Trip to Japan in early August. Purchased two tickets in D1 with miles. Lost platinum status after purchase. If I have to cancel, what will the FEES be without platinum reissue waiver? Will the fee be a points deduction or a cash charge. Thanks
$150 per ticket. Not sure what this has to do with the new Sticky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.