Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
Has anyone worked on a hack to bypass the introductory message when you call? It is 1 minute and 53 seconds I would like back from my life each time I call just to access the callback feature. I would love to just press a button and get on the call back without having to hear all the blabber about “unexpected call volumes”.
I'd love to have that option as well.

Another option I'd like is if they will text you five or ten minutes out before your expected call back.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
On Hold since 530am EDT

At this point I just want to see if they will answer phone. What a joke. Already rebooked via American who answered phone in 17 mins.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:37 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mmgm
I am currently on hold with Delta. For the first time that I can recall in at least a year I have not been offered a callback. At least with the callback I knew how long a wait I would have. Now of course I have no clue. Is this another enhancement or am I just lucky?
I have noticed starting yesterday that it only offered a call back after hanging up and trying again. Something is def broken.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:55 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I didn't get an estimated wait time of a call back number this morning either, but the wait on the DM line was "only" about 20 minutes, and I ended up with one of the best agents I've ever talked to. For what it's worth, he seemed knowledgeable and commented about some real world things Delta was doing to address the situation like trying to hire back retired agents and improving and fixing the technology (after acknowledging that the tools currently aren't great).
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Today calling in (Platinum handling), the first 4 or 5 call attempts by me kept getting forwarded to a line that didn't offer a callback or have hold music. But after a few minutes of silence, a recording saying to have your Sky Miles number or reservation confirmation available to speed up handling I figured this must have been a regular DL phone queue. Finally when calling got to the option for a callback, which I selected and am currently waiting on (message said "at least 3 hours" when this option finally was offered).
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
You do realize that Delta is perfectly happy not to fly you for free? So I doubt they see the fact that you couldn't book an award ticket as a "serious problem"

Now if you paying to them it's an issue....
True, but I couldn't even start to check ANY availability, so even non-award ticket sales were being lost.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Got called back pretty quickly, just about70 minutes so not as bad as the automated message of at least 3 hours.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That would be flawed logic, if anyone had said it.
Revenues and Net Profits for airlines doesn't follow what one would think is 'common sense' as the bulk of airlines revenues come from their premium cabin passengers. The economy cabin is just bonus revenue and not the 'meat' of their revenue stream.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Just for grins, I just called to check on the current wait time. The wait time was zero, as the recording said to call back later or call my travel agency. The call then was disconnected. Tried twice to be sure.

Ed has made a real mess for sure.

Yikes.
I hit that before when I needed to change a flight in Y last year during this time and seats were showing available on the flight I needed. It kept doing this and finally I had to move it to a premium economy and lost almost all the value of my ticket. DL finally rectified it on another ticket I was on hold for almost 2hrs the day before the flight, but between these experiences and this thread, I now only attempt to check DL for flights which are non-critical for timing since when things go haywire they will be completely out of control with no resolution.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Avios, TrueBlue, FlyingBlue, Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
I can’t get through to anyone

Does anyone know if we can write to JD power to have the revoke the award they gave to Delta? Seeing what the customers have been dealing with for the past few months and still to this day, they don’t deserve that award.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Is there a line to call to reach someone who handles SkyMiles? I had a flight credit incorrectly. I booked flights last year with Delta Gift Cards, which I then had to cancel due to the pandemic, and the credits that the system generated were broken due to the payment type, so they had to manually reissue them. When I used them last month I wasn't credited the MQMs, MQDs, or SkyMiles for the portion paid for by the credits.\

I sent them a message on the contact form on the website a week after the flight credited. That was close to a month ago. I didn't receive any sort of response or fix.

Gold Medallion, if that helps. I'm not in a huge hurry. I'd rather wait until they're done with the wx and schedule change crowd before I call in.
I'm glad you posted--I forgot that I had emailed them about an incorrect skymiles credit about a month ago too. Them not fixing or replying to that also has swayed my spend to AA...
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Am I doing something wrong or are the phone agents just busy?

On hold (as a Platinum) for over an hour. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it is just really busy? Would be glad to chat/DM but I believe those are not available. Many thanks for any help.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
On hold (as a Platinum) for over an hour. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it is just really busy? Would be glad to chat/DM but I believe those are not available. Many thanks for any help.
Plenty of threads on here about long wait-times (as in several hours) ever since COVID kicked off, most of which has been consolidated here:

I've personally never used it but a common recommendation on FT is to call the Singapore number (listed in the wiki of the linked thread), which can sometimes yield a faster connection to an agent.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Plenty of threads on here about long wait-times (as in several hours) ever since COVID kicked off, most of which has been consolidated here:

I've personally never used it but a common recommendation on FT is to call the Singapore number (listed in the wiki of the linked thread), which can sometimes yield a faster connection to an agent.
Thank you. Apologies if I started a thread that should be consolidated. Appreciate the help!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Apparently, the DL call center analysts learned basic forecasting from Charlie Brown...
cmd320 and SamirD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.