Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Originally Posted by rylan
Wow... Thurs 11am, DM callback time quoted: 2hrs 8 min
3hrs 17 min for me at 10:04am on the DM line.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Here is an interesting comparison. I was a "victim" of the "glitch" that sent out emails a week ago wrongly changing flights. I was on hold with Delta for more than 3 hours before reaching an agent who could correct the error. I have another flight on AA in October and needed to talk to them. Hold time: 8 minutes.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LOL... DL Nobody beats DM at 10:10am.
Only 1 hour 26 minutes, although I lied and said "Book a flight" so maybe that jumped the queue.
renila, cmd320 and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
3.5 hour wait time quoted to me at 9am ET this AM for the "PM" line. It actually only took 2.5 hours but the call came through while I was on a call with my boss so I missed it

Just called back to get back in the queue and they are claiming 1 hour 56 minutes this time
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Also had this happen to me. Only with the new system.

Called twice, once on the new system and once on the old today just to see the difference in IVRs.

Was quoted 1hr on the first call and 23 minutes on the second w/ no medallion status.

Im just gonna assume that those numbers are far off lol
Maybe I missed something, but I'm confused. Is there a new phone number for the new system? How do you pick old versus new system when you call?

I could experiment with the number I've always used for the DM line, but I don't want to do anything that will make the waits even longer.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe I missed something, but I'm confused. Is there a new phone number for the new system? How do you pick old versus new system when you call?

I could experiment with the number I've always used for the DM line, but I don't want to do anything that will make the waits even longer.
No it’s just a pilot program where you randomly get their new system while sometimes you get the old when you call (similar to when DL makes changes to DL.com).
MSPeconomist and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I just tried calling again and randomly got their new system I guess... message at the beginning said you may notice something different while they are testing a new system.
Then it went on to say the callback time is greater than 3 hours. So much for that.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Called yesterday. Was told more than 3 hours. Requested a callback which came 4 1/2 hours later. I then waited another 30min on hold and then it took the agent 30min to handle my call. Very friendly and cooperative agent but you kind of have to plan your day around it somewhat
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cmd320
Exactly!

I'm all about fixing my reservations myself (heck I'm better and more efficient at it than 99% of the agents out there and I'd guess many other FFs, particularly the tech savvy ones are too) but we need to be empowered to actually be able to do that. I really wonder if anyone at the airline has actually sat there and tried to use the website to perform any basic function.
agree 100%
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
what I'm finding most irritating is that the callback (regardless of how long it takes) goes straight to VM on my phone, even when I'm not on another call ... unless I pick up "Silenced Call" instantly, I wind up back in the queue for another X number of hours
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
No wait time to the Singapore line as usual just now as well as calls made on each of the last 3 days. Very helpful staff. Really excellent service. Gold Medallion here.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
followup: original quote was “more than 3 hours” and first (missed) callback was at ~2+50

I was at happy hour with a former work colleague, so took the minimum amount of time to call into the automated system and request another callback (didn’t make a note of how long it would be)

called in 2 hrs later, got message about “your phone number is already in the queue with a wait time of approximately 1+50”; callback came at ~1+10 (“You are next to be answered”) but it was at least another 10 min before an agent actually picked up
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Jul 30, 2021 at 5:38 am Reason: deleted stuff belonging in more relevant thread
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
How are DMs quoted several hours for a call back/help from a Delta rep? I'm a PM and I called the "contact us" number that's in the app earlier today at 11:14am EST. A Delta rep picked up in about 8 and a half minutes and I was finished with the help 4 minutes after that.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:11 pm

I called DM line this morning around 8am ET and I think I was routed through the new system. It was a female voice and it took about 8 minutes to get connected to an agent. One thing I did notice is that there wasn't an option to have a callback, but this could have been because the wait time was relatively short.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Unable to speak to customer service grrrh!

I made a reservation yesterday to use Skymiles for a trip today. Something came up this afternoon that led to me needing to cancel the flight. I have been trying for several hours to speak to a human csr at Delta, to no avail. Messaging thru the website just produces a bot that doesn't help. I've been on hold for prob 90 min total at this point (cumulatively across several attempts). The automated message saying that a csr will be on as soon as available says that the hold time is "less than two hours."

At this point it would have been faster to drive to the airport and speak to an agent at the check-in desk.

Here's the ridiculous part : when I logged into my account to try to cancel the res, I was greeted by a message saying the flight was overbooked & asking for bids for volunteers to give up their seat.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by battensea; Jul 31, 2021 at 4:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.