Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Hilarious it took Ed’s inbox being swamped for him to admit there’s a real problem 😂
angra, DLdweeb, cmd320 and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Zorak
Got the new system this morning. Total call duration from dialing to hanging up was slightly over 10 minutes, so the wait was probably 6-8.

The initial greeting said there were multiple SkyMiles accounts associated with my phone number and had me speak my birthdate to confirm. (Guessing my phone number got associated with mom's account one or more of the times we've traveled together)
Also had this happen to me. Only with the new system.

Called twice, once on the new system and once on the old today just to see the difference in IVRs.

Was quoted 1hr on the first call and 23 minutes on the second w/ no medallion status.

Im just gonna assume that those numbers are far off lol
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Ordhater
This might not be the right thread for this, but I'm wondering what everyone is seeing for response times from comments sent through the web form. I sent in a mileage credit request in late May and still haven't seen a response. But this morning I sent a complaint about a long flight delay (flight attendant called in sick) and got an almost immediate response with a $100 flight voucher offered as compensation. I assume today's immediate response was automated, which is fine with me.
I still don't have a reply to a mileage credit issue from back in Apr/May (so long ago I don't even remember now). I haven't logged in to see if they resolved it without letting me know, but I have no communications besides the acknowledgement email from back when I originally emailed them.

Delta has lost a lot of business from me because of these snafus. I really like their routing for my trips, but can't deal with messes that don't have a proper or timely resolution in most cases. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't know how the finance dept doesn't see this on the revenue reports...
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:51 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Not exactly DL related, but just thinking out loud:

Traveling on AS today and my work plans got finished significantly sooner than planned. I was able to use their app to make a simple same day change and pay the fee ($50 as I have no AS status).

I shudder to think what all would have been involved had this been something I tried to accomplish with DL. I’d wager the website/app would error out and the wait time for the PM line could have made it a mute point.
And this scenario is precisely while I'm avoiding booking on DL right now.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:26 am

In 21st century there should be no reason to call airline whatsoever except when IT is broken. Everything (even complex exchanges, irrops, vouchers, partner itineraries, upgrades, same day changes etc) can and should be handled online.

​​​​​A bit of investment in proper IT should almost eliminate call center (or they can impose $100 charge for any call center transactions for people who prefer the old way).
SamirD and joyoustravel like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by LordJohn
Email from Ed today that they are hiring back lost employees and hiring new. They obviously understand. They are not the only ones who layed people off the past year so don't know why / understand why you all are .....ing at them. We laid off 60% and I am sure your companies did too
The difference is they got billions in free money from the US Govt specifically NOT to lay people off. I’m guessing your company didn’t.

Instead of laying people off they found other creative ways to get rid of headcount. Don’t cry for Delta, or any other US airline...
rylan, wrp96, cmd320 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LordJohn
Email from Ed today that they are hiring back lost employees and hiring new. They obviously understand. They are not the only ones who layed people off the past year so don't know why / understand why you all are .....ing at them. We laid off 60% and I am sure your companies did too
Because these call center and staffing issues have been going on for over a YEAR at Delta. They've had plenty of time and opportunity to hire people. The time for excuses ended after last summer when they saw leisure travel picking back up significantly.
dw, unitedbusiness, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Out of morbid curiosity, I called the regular US line this morning as a DL Nobody. Only 7 hours and 19 minutes for a call back.
wrp96, cmd320, SamirD and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SFO777
Out of morbid curiosity, I called the regular US line this morning as a DL Nobody. Only 7 hours and 19 minutes for a call back.
SHEEEESSSSHHHH I had an IRROPS last night in Phoenix. Called the "Diamond Line" and was quoted more than 3 hours. Thankfully a red coat in the airport was FANTASTIC and bailed me out. Delta did end up calling me back---- 4.25 hours later. It's just a helpless feeling.
unitedbusiness and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by AntonS
In 21st century there should be no reason to call airline whatsoever except when IT is broken. Everything (even complex exchanges, irrops, vouchers, partner itineraries, upgrades, same day changes etc) can and should be handled online.

​​.
This… 100%. DL keeps saying, do this online and that online. It never frikking works! I don’t want to have to call, but you’re giving us no choice.

I’m not sure if the brass at DL is just clueless about this or if it is a feature. If we truly were able to make changes online consistently, rebook using ecredits with no issues, apply upgrade certs easily online among other, it would probably reduce their phone loads by 50-75%. I usually try online first, but almost without exception I get dreaded “this change cannot be made online, please call to speak to an agent…”
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
This… 100%. DL keeps saying, do this online and that online. It never frikking works! I don’t want to have to call, but you’re giving us no choice.
Exactly!

I'm all about fixing my reservations myself (heck I'm better and more efficient at it than 99% of the agents out there and I'd guess many other FFs, particularly the tech savvy ones are too) but we need to be empowered to actually be able to do that. I really wonder if anyone at the airline has actually sat there and tried to use the website to perform any basic function.
RealHJ, SamirD, GagaPilot and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Ordhater
This might not be the right thread for this, but I'm wondering what everyone is seeing for response times from comments sent through the web form. I sent in a mileage credit request in late May and still haven't seen a response. But this morning I sent a complaint about a long flight delay (flight attendant called in sick) and got an almost immediate response with a $100 flight voucher offered as compensation. I assume today's immediate response was automated, which is fine with me.
Originally Posted by SamirD
I still don't have a reply to a mileage credit issue from back in Apr/May (so long ago I don't even remember now). I haven't logged in to see if they resolved it without letting me know, but I have no communications besides the acknowledgement email from back when I originally emailed them.
I have had similar experiences. For a recent flight booked with SkyMiles, I was awarded MQMs/MQDs on the return legs, but not the first two flights. I submitted a mileage request form and have yet to hear back. A few days later I submitted a complaint on one of the flights, and got a response within a couple hours with a $300 voucher. In non-pandemic times, usually those complaint responses took a couple weeks (though the response this time was not personalized, like they used to be, so it is probably more automated).
SamirD and Ordhater like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:12 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Folks,
I just cleaned up a number of disruptive posts. Rather than responding to disruptive posts, please RBP these so the moderators can take necessary action.

Thanks,
Ryandc99 Moderator Delta Air Lines
SFO777 and JesseRohr like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Is it bad that I want to call in just to see what happens if me and my twin share a phone number?
Do you work in QA?

I haven't called the Singapore number in forever -- is it normal these days that it goes straight into some clubby hold music (not the same as the US line) or do you still get the usual DL greeting?

Most of the stuff I've called in for recently hasn't been time-sensitive so I've been willing to call the US number and get a callback or hold on speakerphone/headset, but today the web site said OY available on a flight I'm allegedly waitlisted for by this point my callback should happen shortly so it's moot, but would be good to know for next time...

EDIT: callback as scheduled; agent said I actually had cleared (no sign of this I could see, because #DeltaIT), just it hadn't been reissued yet
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Jul 29, 2021 at 8:57 am
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wow... Thurs 11am, DM callback time quoted: 2hrs 8 min
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.