Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:42 pm

Call DL in Singapore or just cancel online automatically per the 24-hour rule.
ryandc99 and SamirD like this.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Jul 31, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Call DL in Singapore or just cancel online automatically per the 24-hour rule. .
Been trying to cancel online but I don't see any link to do so. Apparently, when it's a Skymiles points trip & you want to make a modification on the same day as the flight , you are only allowed to change to a diff flt on same day. I haven't been able to find any links that allow me to cancel for same day flt.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
On Delta.com (not app) trip page, top right corner "Modify Flight." Next page: "Start Flight Cancellation."

No need to wait on hold.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Canceling online is easy indeed. I'm guessing OP is checked in. I think in order to cancel, you have to "check out" first (which can only be done by an agent I believe)
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
On Delta.com (not app) trip page, top right corner "Modify Flight." Next page: "Start Flight Cancellation."

No need to wait on hold.
That was the first thing I did. But Modify Flight just showed me the option of trying to change to another flight today. There was no Start Flight Cancelation option available.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre
Canceling online is easy indeed. I'm guessing OP is checked in. I think in order to cancel, you have to "check out" first (which can only be done by an agent I believe)
No, I wasn't checked in. The Help FAQs said that to cancel a reservation on the same day it is necessary that you check in. If the cancelation was > 24 hrs before the flight, then you would not need to have to check in. (I subsequently read something in another part of the site that said that if the cancelation was for the same day & it was for a flight using miles, you could only change to a different flight, not cancel. But that didn't take into consideration that I made the reservation < 24 hrs beforehand.)

After reading that bit about needing to check in to cancel, I started to try to check in and then look for cancelation options, but I didn't go all the way through because I did not want to be listed as checked in but unable to cancel. That's why I wanted to speak to a csr.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:28 pm

Good news. A human being finally got back to me. This particular chat attempt (there had been others earlier in the afternoon before this one) started at 4:58pm. An agent responded to me at 7:58pm. (Flight was due to depart at 7:36pm.) After I explained my situation, the csr was able to cancel the reservation & refund my miles.
So I haven't lost all faith in Delta, although I really would rather have avoided all the stress of this afternoon.
AsiaTraveler, SamirD and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:29 pm

Step 1: Get Google Voice
Step 2: Put $10 credit on it
Step 3: Call Singapore +65 6336 3371
Step 4: Speak with competent agent in 5 min or less.
AsiaTraveler, OHDL1, wrp96 and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Step 1: Get Google Voice
Step 2: Put $10 credit on it
Step 3: Call Singapore +65 6336 3371
Step 4: Speak with competent agent in 5 min or less.
Bookmarked.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
13 minutes tonight for a callback from a very friendly agent. Not bad for schedule change Saturday evening!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:27 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
While I appreciate the general advice for the last 60 days to "just call Singapore" I still find that too be ridiculous.

Not to mention back in ~2017 someone on FT posted a "back door" in the United IVR to get the next available agent. That lasted about 3 months before it got shut down.

What happens when DL starts blocking US +1 numbers to that call center?

At this point there needs too be a long term solution to the problem.

These shortcuts won't last long if they are on flyertalk.
SamirD and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
While I appreciate the general advice for the last 60 days to "just call Singapore" I still find that too be ridiculous.

Not to mention back in ~2017 someone on FT posted a "back door" in the United IVR to get the next available agent. That lasted about 3 months before it got shut down.

At this point there needs too be a long term solution to the problem.

These shortcuts won't last long if they are on flyertalk.
Using a hack to cheat your way to front of the line is nothing like going to a different call center that has a shorter waiting list.

This is a very abnormal time in the airline industry. Maybe we'll get a fix to the problem before then, but if not, the long term solution is things return to normal, schedules stabilize, border restrictions go away and open ecredits diminish, then call volumes will return to normal too.
flyerCO, writerguyfl and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
People will get virtual numbers from whatever country has the call center that is helpful.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
I think we should all be thankful that Delta has started hiring back all the people they "layed off" almost 2 years ago. If you check the news, they are the first US airline to do so (UA and AA and SW have started now). Would it have been nice for them to have a crystal ball to tell them when people would feel safe to start flying and hired earlier. Have friend who is Diamond operator, and she had to give the job she got to work 2 weeks notice. It is not just the airlines, it is restaurants and stores. Come on guys, give them a break
Old Aug 1, 2021, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LordJohn
I think we should all be thankful that Delta has started hiring back all the people they "layed off" almost 2 years ago. If you check the news, they are the first US airline to do so (UA and AA and SW have started now). Would it have been nice for them to have a crystal ball to tell them when people would feel safe to start flying and hired earlier. Have friend who is Diamond operator, and she had to give the job she got to work 2 weeks notice. It is not just the airlines, it is restaurants and stores. Come on guys, give them a break
AA and UA reinstated their furloughed employees at the beginning of this year. In contrast, DL didn't furlough employees but instead allowed them to take early retirement which essentially means the were not on call for rehire at all.

They get a break when the problem is fixed, otherwise is a complete gong show at the moment with Mr. Ed saying the best way to solve CS and IRROPs issues is to email him personally.
rylan, SamirD and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.