Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:35 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Just called the Singapore line at 3:30pm in the afternoon (local time)... no wait, got right through to a real person immediately. Excellent service.
MikeyZBT and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
have had all meals (at meal time) in first class. They were giving "bags" but now back to tray
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:33 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Last night (7/21/21) at around 8:00 pm, OVER 3 hour wait on the DM line, this morning at 9:00 am < 19 min, got the CB in < 15 min.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:56 pm

Called at 6:30 tonight to cancel a flight as a PM. Told over three hours for call back. Got call at 9:25. Took 1 minute to do something I wish I could have done online by myself but was not allowed. I really wish we could do more stuff online without having to call an agent.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
Called at 6:30 tonight to cancel a flight as a PM. Told over three hours for call back. Got call at 9:25. Took 1 minute to do something I wish I could have done online by myself but was not allowed. I really wish we could do more stuff online without having to call an agent.
I have found waiting on hold (speaker) much faster
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:04 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by diburning
Is there a line to call to reach someone who handles SkyMiles? I had a flight credit incorrectly. I booked flights last year with Delta Gift Cards, which I then had to cancel due to the pandemic, and the credits that the system generated were broken due to the payment type, so they had to manually reissue them. When I used them last month I wasn't credited the MQMs, MQDs, or SkyMiles for the portion paid for by the credits.\

I sent them a message on the contact form on the website a week after the flight credited. That was close to a month ago. I didn't receive any sort of response or fix.

Gold Medallion, if that helps. I'm not in a huge hurry. I'd rather wait until they're done with the wx and schedule change crowd before I call in.
My employer booked me a bunch of flights on Delta, so I figured I would get this issue fixed sooner than later, (and being a Thursday with very little WX issues in the system, I figured call volumes would be a bit lower) so that I can keep better track of my medallion requalification progress.

I called Delta, and was given the option for a 3+ hour callback. It ended up only taking an hour and a half. The system hung up on me. I've found that if the callback call drops while connecting to an agent, the key is to immediately call them back at the number that the incoming call was from The callback system will recognize you and will connect you to the next available agent. (you won't lose your place in line).

The agent I spoke to couldn't really understand the issue, but was willing to hear me explain the issue so that he could try to get me to someone who could help. He tried to call the SkyMiles department, but couldn't reach anyone, so he transferred me to his supervisor instead. The supervisor couldn't help either, but gave me a number to call for Corporate Customer Care. I called the number and was greeted with a recording saying that there were high call volumes and to try to take care of the issue on the website or if booked through a travel agent, to go to the travel agent for help, and then the system hung up.

Fuming, I sent Ed Bastian an email. As I hit send, I got a phone call from a friend who wanted to catch up. It turned out that he had an issue that he needed taken care of as well, and being a Diamond Medallion, he thought he would ask the agent if he could three way call me in so that he could help me too. The agent was great. He couldn't fix the problem, but he could see the issue, and he called over to the SkyMiles department, and was able to reach them, and had them recalculate my MQDs and SkyMiles for that flight.

Anyway, I don't know if these phone numbers all dump into the same queue, but here's a list of phone numbers from Delta that you may want to try if the main number(s) have a long wait.

https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de.../NeedHelp.html
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
How did you get a response that quickly?? Does (lack of) status have anything to do with it? I sent them a complaint a month ago about a 6 hour MX delay and haven't heard anything.
Okay, I finally found the time to call in (30 minute wait) and it turns out they are only at manually responding to complaints/feedback through June 2 as of now.
wrp96 and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:45 pm

Bizarre problems today

Has anyone had a problem with callbacks today? The system appears to be dysfunctional. I will get the callback (from the DM line) and it will not "recognize" any key I press to indicate that I am on the phone. I will initiate another callback, it will start the process and then disconnect. I tried yet again, and the system remained connected but with total silence for 2 minutes before I hung up.
SamirD and FlyBitcoin like this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by ehe123
Has anyone had a problem with callbacks today? The system appears to be dysfunctional. I will get the callback (from the DM line) and it will not "recognize" any key I press to indicate that I am on the phone. I will initiate another callback, it will start the process and then disconnect. I tried yet again, and the system remained connected but with total silence for 2 minutes before I hung up.
Not today but had the same thing happen a month or two ago. It's just part of not being able to get through to a live human at DL..

If you try again, may be next time it'll work. Otherwise you can try the chat, but watch it like a hawk and respond "yes" that you still need help as soon as it pops up. If you start it in early am, you may be able to get through to someone before DL chat reservations shuts for the night and they boot everyone out of the queue.

Usually it's best to be awaiting a callback, be in the chat queue on the web site, be in the chat queue on your mobile phone, and be on hold on another phone (landline or plugged into power, as otherwise it'll run out of battery before you get through). Then see which way you can actually get through to someone that day. Key is to start doing that in the early am, so there's a chance for you to get through to someone before you head to bed.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I know it is Saturday

Any particular problems on Delta.com today? I called about 8:30 this am and was told I would get a call back in 2 hrs. and 5 min. It is now 6 hrs and no call. Fortunately my problem is not an emergency but one would hope by now they have trained enough staff that this delay should not happen.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Audie
Any particular problems on Delta.com today? I called about 8:30 this am and was told I would get a call back in 2 hrs. and 5 min. It is now 6 hrs and no call. Fortunately my problem is not an emergency but one would hope by now they have trained enough staff that this delay should not happen.
Hahaha, one would certainly hope, and one would be wrong. Apparently they don’t need to do anything, you can just email Ed and all your problems will be solved, at least according to him.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:54 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Quoted at 3 hours tonight on the Diamond line. Called Singapore and got right thru and issue resolved within a few minutes.

I did a same day change on my app which errored out and I didn’t think actually changed. A few minutes later the new flight showed but it would not let me check in due to “no electronic ticket” which means a call is necessary.

it’s nice to have the great service in Singapore when no other timely options exist.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: United, NW, Delta, AMERICAN
Originally Posted by Audie
Here was my experience on Saturday:

Called in morning at about 8:30, system offered call-back & said wait time was about 46 minutes.
An hour later, no call-back. Called again and system recognized the number and said that I could keep my place in line and call back time was now about 48 minutes, press any number to accept. I did.
Two hours later, I called again and it didn't even offer a call-back option or note that I had an existing one, just said wait time was 5 hours and six minutes, and put me on hold.
Tried again about 30 minutes later and got the same thing.

About 12:30, I noticed an email with a 12:23pm voice message (function of our VOIP "house" phone) where they had finally attempted a call-back. Don't know how I missed it...maybe out in the yard; maybe wife was on phone & didn't hear the little incoming call signal.
Called again on my cell, got on hold, & just stuck it in my pocket.

At 5:10, it was picked up, and rep didn't seem to be able to hear me speaking right at first. Thankfully, she tried several times to get a response & finally heard me. I thought I was going to be screwed again & have to repeat the whole ordeal. She made the reservation fixes in about 2 minutes.

Not fun. Glad I didn't have anything really important to tend to..
Old Jul 25, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Got the call back just before 5pm.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by cathammer
Here was my experience on Saturday:

Called in morning at about 8:30, system offered call-back & said wait time was about 46 minutes.
An hour later, no call-back. Called again and system recognized the number and said that I could keep my place in line and call back time was now about 48 minutes, press any number to accept. I did.
Two hours later, I called again and it didn't even offer a call-back option or note that I had an existing one, just said wait time was 5 hours and six minutes, and put me on hold.
Tried again about 30 minutes later and got the same thing.

About 12:30, I noticed an email with a 12:23pm voice message (function of our VOIP "house" phone) where they had finally attempted a call-back. Don't know how I missed it...maybe out in the yard; maybe wife was on phone & didn't hear the little incoming call signal.
Called again on my cell, got on hold, & just stuck it in my pocket.

At 5:10, it was picked up, and rep didn't seem to be able to hear me speaking right at first. Thankfully, she tried several times to get a response & finally heard me. I thought I was going to be screwed again & have to repeat the whole ordeal. She made the reservation fixes in about 2 minutes.

Not fun. Glad I didn't have anything really important to tend to..
Thankfully, Ed said the worst case scenario is 1 hour now.
renila, cathammer, wrp96 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.