FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2012408-delta-extensive-hold-times-during-covid-19-consolidated-thread.html)

FC flyer Mar 11, 2020 10:04 am

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Called on an issue that appeared when checking in for my flight today, and even as a DM, had a 20 minute wait time. How about a 'press 1 for travel issues related to the COVID-19 virus' and 'press 2 for all other issues'

tvnwz Mar 11, 2020 10:19 am

You would get the same result.

Mr. Tickets Mar 11, 2020 10:37 am

Yeah, if they had a desk for non Corona Virus issues and it was easy to get through, everyone would just call that number, no matter what their issue. As it is, I am sure that a lot of Platinums and Diamonds call in for friends or family members (not traveling with them) to make or change reservations. Delta can't very well say no.

Hepsaint Mar 11, 2020 10:42 am

Whats also complicating the matter is the Delta website and App will not allow you to cancel flights right now even as a PM/DM. I'm getting the same error message to try again later...Its been 3 days now

WindowSeatFlyer Mar 11, 2020 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Hepsaint (Post 32169393)
Whats also complicating the matter is the Delta website and App will not allow you to cancel flights right now even as a PM/DM. I'm getting the same error message to try again later...Its been 3 days now

I cancelled my flights online yesterday. No issues.

tubesoxs Mar 11, 2020 10:55 am

Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer (Post 32169404)
I cancelled my flights online yesterday. No issues.

Yep, I cancelled three segments this morning through the website - no issues.

Elizabeth208 Mar 11, 2020 10:57 am

Ticketing Outage Website and Phone 3/11/2020

I am trying to book a simple domestic flight and I keep getting the

"Oh no! We are sorry, but there was a problem processing your request...."

Anyone know what is going on?

defrosted Mar 11, 2020 10:58 am

I got the same thing.
Plus can't view seat maps for existing flights.

sydneyracquelle Mar 11, 2020 10:59 am

On the phone now for 30+ minute hold to book with an agent. So 1970s.

sydneyracquelle Mar 11, 2020 11:01 am

BE flights cannot be cancelled online. I had to phone in and wait 30+ minutes.

BenA Mar 11, 2020 11:04 am

With schedule changes, travel rescheduling, and low fares driving some marginal purchases from the few folks willing to still travel - right now, every issue is a Coronavirus related issue.

defrosted Mar 11, 2020 11:09 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 32169469)
On the phone now for 30+ minute hold to book with an agent. So 1970s.

Is it me or is this getting downright ridiculous now?

So you have to call in now to book a flight?

aacar Mar 11, 2020 11:11 am

I called in over an hour ago to cancel a flight, the agent wasn't able to do anything because all systems were down - she said IT was estimating an hour to fix.

Looks like things still aren't working.

Dieuwer Mar 11, 2020 11:13 am

...or maybe Delta will shutdown completely and send all staff, flight attendants and pilots home with no salaries?

FC flyer Mar 11, 2020 11:24 am

It may seem like that is the case, but it is not. I was simply not able to check in for my flight today and needed to make sure the reservation did not have issues. Completely non-virus related.