Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:13 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
System is down for phone agents too...

Number when you call says hold time of 4 hours, but diamond line picked up right away and told me there is nothing they can do right now.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
7+ hours callback wait time to fix a computer glitch that auto-rescheduled my daughter's upcoming itinerary into a nonsensical mess. No problem waiting as we have no status and we understand the load the agents are laboring under. Excellent service btw from Delta rep.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by TBD
Heaven forbid a real world emergency should impact the hold times for a diamond medallion member.
Emergencies tend to be unforseen events. This is a systematic planned shut down of the entire world-wide economy to, well, I don't know...make people feel better when reading their media feeds? Delta is certainly not helping itself here with their (surprise!) IT meltdown. Or was the IT meltdown the aforementioned real world emergency?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
bon mot - I'm curious about what time did you initially call and get placed in the queue? If it was this morning Alaska time, you would've hit call centers in MSP/ATL at late morning/early afternoon - theoretically a slower time of day as folks are at work. A 7-hour wait for a callback is ridiculous, regardless of status or lack thereof.

The first advisory about COVID-19 was issued on Jan. 24, almost 7 weeks ago. I do not understand how or why they haven't ramped up the number of agents based on call center volume trends. I know for a fact that data is available to them.

-Signed,
A Diamond Medallion who waited 5+ hours for a Twitter Direct Message response yesterday, and who was just informed via recording that Diamond Medallion phone line has a current wait of 4 hours
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm able to see seat maps just fine now and they're showing the expected continued attrition from my (domestic) flights. I looked at them earlier today too, without apparent problems although the app seemed sick over the weekend.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Called the international hotline. It mentioned "...wait times exceed 4 hours... your call could not be completed due to technical difficulties..." then the call got dropped.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I had to dust off my Twitter account to DM DL about a cancellation I had to make. I got a response in about 2.5 hours, which was fine.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I had to dust off my Twitter account to DM DL about a cancellation I had to make. I got a response in about 2.5 hours, which was fine.
Hold time exceed 2 hours on the Platinum line. Twitter hasn't responded after 2 hours 45 minutes. I guess we'll see if they can help me when I get to the airport in a few hours.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Booked amd cancelled no problem this AM

Just tried to book and cancel again, was only able to book

D1 flight I like has a price that keeps dropping within 24 hr cancel windows
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Booked amd cancelled no problem this AM

Just tried to book and cancel again, was only able to book

D1 flight I like has a price that keeps dropping within 24 hr cancel windows
Update, working now, was able to cancel and select entree on flight i kept
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Still having errors on some seat maps but not others.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
Still having errors on some seat maps but not others.
Sounds like they are pushing out a lot of the schedule change updates that they usually perform on Saturdays.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by tvnwz
You would get the same result.
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Yeah, if they had a desk for non Corona Virus issues and it was easy to get through, everyone would just call that number, no matter what their issue. As it is, I am sure that a lot of Platinums and Diamonds call in for friends or family members (not traveling with them) to make or change reservations. Delta can't very well say no.
100% yes to both of these.

This is just a MAJOR MESS and it takes time.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
Sounds like they are pushing out a lot of the schedule change updates that they usually perform on Saturdays.
Still can’t get through on the phone either as of this morning.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
Called the PM line and did the call back option. It said wait times were in excess of 2 hours. Call back came at about the 7 hour mark. Agent was very helpful waiving both change fees and fare differences for domestic flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.