Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:38 am

Decided to not go on a planned trip that was supposed to start yesterday afternoon. Couldn't cancel it online. Spent some time in the morning on hold (GM line, tried calling the general line first per error message when I tried to cancel and they wouldn't even let me stay on hold), gave up, went to the airport (SYR) and was in and out in about 5 minutes. The woman who assisted me made the comment that their support lines are also busy, and there's certain things that they would need to call in for that they effectively can't do right now (no details given, sounded like generally more complicated stuff). She wasn't able to give me any receipt or documentation of the flight cancellation while I was there, but by the time I walked away from the desk the trip was gone from my Delta app, and by the time I got home and back in front of a computer (~15 minutes) the eCredit was showing in my account. All in all I was pleased with the customer service especially given how trying of a time this is right now.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I must have been a lucky one - I called in on the Diamond Line about 5 pm central yesterday and was on hold for less than 2 minutes before I was connected. They helped with my extensive cancellations of a multi city spring break trip for my family and got them refunded without an issue. They did a great job!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Diamond line took 5 mins this morning.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
+65 6336-3371

(It's listed on the Delta contact info page if you ever need to find it from scratch)

Use Google Voice, Skype, or something similar. Last time I did this I think it was like 3c/minute which is basically free.
Called via Skype, number Singapore number just rings and rings. I tried Facebook Messenger.

Thanks anyway
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by chix
Called via Skype, number Singapore number just rings and rings. I tried Facebook Messenger.

Thanks anyway
​​​​​​ It's closed at the moment. Look up their hours, they're on this forum somewhere.

My hold time about 2 hours ago on normal line was 7 minutes.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pulpfiction78
​​​​​​ It's closed at the moment. Look up their hours, they're on this forum somewhere.

My hold time about 2 hours ago on normal line was 7 minutes.
At the bottom of this page

https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview

Contact Us > Asia:

don't know why they wouldn't have picked up. Make sure you're dialing it as an international call. I haven't used Skype in a while, so the presence or lack of the + on the country code may matter.

Anyway it sounds like wait times on the US line are down to manageable levels so not crucial now, but still worth coming away for future reference.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by BadgerFlyer91
I must have been a lucky one - I called in on the Diamond Line about 5 pm central yesterday and was on hold for less than 2 minutes before I was connected. They helped with my extensive cancellations of a multi city spring break trip for my family and got them refunded without an issue. They did a great job!
Yep me too, as stated before I only waited 10 minutes on the Gold line at that time.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I googled Delta Diamond (I am general member). I got the number, called it and it offered an 8 minute callback. The callback came as promised. The cancellations and redeposits came immediately and I rebooked the intended new itinerary myself.

The knowledgeable SkyMiles agent even offered to rebook for me, but I just told her thanks, I see the miles now, you can continue with the other 39,000 callers on hold (she told me the number of people!).

She also admitted their web site is poor and not offering the rebookings for SM..... You have to call :-(

Lesson REleanrned... Google is your best friend.

If it was not for this, I would have had to wait 7 days or more for the redeposits in the queue to be actually show back up in my account. I did not have enough miles to make a new booking, thus the need for immediate access of the held miles to be credited back right away.

Thanks everyone.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
More data points in case anyone is interested -
  • Sent a message on Twitter yesterday afternoon, received a response at 5am Pacific this morning. 15.5 hour response time.
  • Called the DM line at 11am PT today, was quoted a 10-minute wait time and I stayed on the line. The agent who answered was extremely helpful and in good spirits.
I have one more flight this afternoon to get home. All my future booked trips have been canceled, and I'm not sure the next time I'll be on a plane after today. What a surreal feeling.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Here is a recent data point.

8:30pm
Called GM aka "elite member" line. Automated system told me about an hour wait.

Automated system called me back in about 30 mins, but it cut me off.

9pm
I don't know if I needed to but I called back in quoted me 30 minute wait.

9:15pm
Automated system called me back and said I was next to be answered and put me on hold for 15 minutes.

9:30pm
Agent answered and canceled my flights (paid and also a companion cert) on 2 reservations within about 10 minutes.

Tldr... Took way less time than I thought, wait time was accurately quoted.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
I called on behalf of a family member yesterday morning on the GM line and it quoted a 36 minute wait and a callback. Called me back in 19 and cut me off as well. After that I hung up and called them immediately after I hung up and it said I was already in the callback system and I was next in line so they transferred me right away which was kind of odd.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by coke_cans_and_winglets
I called on behalf of a family member yesterday morning on the GM line and it quoted a 36 minute wait and a callback. Called me back in 19 and cut me off as well. After that I hung up and called them immediately after I hung up and it said I was already in the callback system and I was next in line so they transferred me right away which was kind of odd.
Yeah it was odd, but all being considered and that the wait time was accurately quoted, or better in your case, I was pleasantly surprised overall.

I felt bad taking up a spot with an agent but I couldn't bare seeing myself checked in, and get boarding announcements for a flight I want to be on but won't be.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I called in and was quoted 31 minutes. Decided to hold. Got an answer at 22 minutes.

Got my issues handled. And wanted to give the agent a "5". But when our conversation ended, the call dropped rather than letting me do the survey. Anyone else having this issue? Thought maybe they wanted to save the seconds and take other calls.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL hub captive, AA
I called this afternoon and was surprised that it did not offer a callback. Put phone on speaker while I worked on other things. After about an hour, it transferred me to an agent who quickly fixed my flights. Given the situation, I was surprised it didn’t take longer.
defrosted likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by BamaGirl
I called in and was quoted 31 minutes. Decided to hold. Got an answer at 22 minutes.

Got my issues handled. And wanted to give the agent a "5". But when our conversation ended, the call dropped rather than letting me do the survey. Anyone else having this issue? Thought maybe they wanted to save the seconds and take other calls.
It let me take the survey. I honestly thought regardless of service who would have the heart to give anything but a 5.

My agent sounded exhausted, but she was professional and kind and got the job done. I feel so badly for them, not only are they likely overwhelmed, having to deal with the panicked public, but they have to be dealing with the white elephant of will they even have a job in a month from now.
BamaGirl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.