Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood-Plat
I don't mind waiting for the callback, if when they called me back and said "you're next" I didn't have to wait another 40 minutes to get to an agent. I understand they are really busy, but just wait and call me back 40 minutes later. This was on the GM line.
Old May 12, 2020, 3:31 pm

Delta flight cancellation woes

~ I have an important (long-standing) medical appt in ATL, otherwise I wouldn't fly in early June.
~ I booked Delta RT flights from JAC to ATL & received a confirmation # ( I booked an extra day as a cushion for outbound snafus.)
~ A week later, a relative needed my itinerary, so I went to Delta.com to send it to her. All 3 of my flights had changed. Now I had a connection in SLC that DEPARTED almost 2 hrs BEFORE I arrived.
~ The telephone wait time is 12 hrs, 56min, according to the friendly recording. No call-back option offered.

If Delta can't get me to ATL on June 6, what words do I use to motivate Delta to book me on United instead, for the outbound trip?
(SM status) Thanks all & good health to you.

Last edited by Teton Cowgirl; May 12, 2020 at 3:34 pm Reason: Additional info
Old May 12, 2020, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Teton Cowgirl
~ I have an important (long-standing) medical appt in ATL, otherwise I wouldn't fly in early June.
~ I booked Delta RT flights from JAC to ATL & received a confirmation # ( I booked an extra day as a cushion for outbound snafus.)
~ A week later, a relative needed my itinerary, so I went to Delta.com to send it to her. All 3 of my flights had changed. Now I had a connection in SLC that DEPARTED almost 2 hrs BEFORE I arrived.
~ The telephone wait time is 12 hrs, 56min, according to the friendly recording. No call-back option offered.

If Delta can't get me to ATL on June 6, what words do I use to motivate Delta to book me on United instead, for the outbound trip?
(SM status) Thanks all & good health to you.
They won't put you on United for an advance schedule change. However, since it sounds like your change was over 90 minutes in departure or arrival it qualifies for a full refund which you can use toward flights on United. It sound's like you have a confirmed seat on DL3532 JAC-SLC and there is coach seat availability on DL1174 SLC-ATL with 3:10PM depature and DL1166 wth 5:00PM departure which both work with DL3532 which arrives at 2:10PM. It won't help your relative get on DL3532 which is currently full in coach (however there is availability in F). I'd check back again in another week after more people have cancelled and phone volume goes down as coach availability will likely open back up on DL3532. Booking F on DL3532 and a separate coach ticket on DL1166 would cost about $400 which is roughly what UA is charging for coach all the way.

Last edited by xliioper; May 12, 2020 at 6:21 pm
Old May 12, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
11 hours wait time for a callback_that’s a looong time

Maybe this belongs to another thread...but I just want to shout out 11 hours quoted waited time for a PM...

thought the extremely long wait time issue was resolved in the past few weeks with fewer passengers + flights...and what’s going on here? Maybe the aftermath of June schedule change? Any thoughts are welcomed
Old May 12, 2020, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the June cuts were just made over this past weekend and is most certainly driving the call volume.

Last edited by ryandc99; May 12, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Old May 12, 2020, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by emma dog
Been trying to call DL this weekend to address summer travel that can’t be cancelled online.

Current quoted hold time is 4:41. 😳

With no significant weather and few flights, they must have really cut down on agents.
Took.4:22 this morning to change dates on a one-way trip from June to July. Since they cancelled the first segment, was able to get the change without paying double the miles, which was the price quoted online for the new date.

At least an hour of the call was with the agent on hold with another division because her system was not able to process the change.
Old May 12, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I needed to request a refund for a flight during the last week of May that got cancelled. When I tried calling yesterday, the system told me 13.5 hours hold time (no callback option given). I attempted to call again very early this morning and I was told 3.5 hours. But this time I was given a callback option. Got the callback 2 hours later. Agent was terrific. She saw the flight had been removed from their system and told me the refund would be going back to the original credit card. Call took 3 minutes and got the confirmation email just before we hung up. Nicely done Delta.

Last edited by I Love to Travel; May 12, 2020 at 8:50 pm
Old May 12, 2020, 10:55 pm

Thanks, xliioper, for your analysis. I DID see that DL 1174 on Google or Kayak, but I couldn't make it show up on Delta. You give up hope that I can get a seat on DL 1174, b/c the United itinerary is twice the cost of what I've already paid Delta for the RT.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM
As a datapoint from a PM, was quoted 5:45 today around 11 AM eastern. Elected not to receive the callback and hung up as not sure I will be around my phone at the estimated callback time. Will try again later.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Teton Cowgirl
Thanks, xliioper, for your analysis. I DID see that DL 1174 on Google or Kayak, but I couldn't make it show up on Delta. You give up hope that I can get a seat on DL 1174, b/c the United itinerary is twice the cost of what I've already paid Delta for the RT.
delta.com is showing main cabin/C+ inventory available on both DL1174 and DL1166 on June 6th and you should be able to get Delta to put you on one of those flights (assuming you have a main cabin/C+ ticket, there is no FC open on those flights). You have to search for this independently of the JAC-SLC segment as there is only FC currently available on that flight and delta.com won't combine an FC seat with a main cabin seat on a single ticket. This is why it doesn't display any options when you search for JAC-ATL on June 6th. You will almost certainly have to call (or use twitter) to do this as trying to do it online will likely result in an inventory check on both flights. But if you already have a seat on the JAC-SLC flight, there's no need for an inventory check on that flight. There's also an online chat function at https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview. Expand the "Contact Us" section and then click on the "Message Us" button.

Last edited by xliioper; May 13, 2020 at 10:12 am
Old May 13, 2020, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
delta.com is showing main cabin/C+ inventory available on both DL1174 and DL1166 on June 6th and you should be able to get Delta to put you on one of those flights (assuming you have a main cabin/C+ ticket, there is no FC open on those flights). You have to search for this independently of the JAC-SLC segment as there is only FC currently available on that flight and delta.com won't combine an FC seat with a main cabin seat on a single ticket. This is why it doesn't display any options when you search for JAC-ATL on June 6th. You will almost certainly have to call (or use twitter) to do this as trying to do it online will likely result in an inventory check on both flights. But if you already have a seat on the JAC-SLC flight, there's no need for an inventory check on that flight. There's also an online chat function at https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview. Expand the "Contact Us" section and then click on the "Message Us" button.
Delta agents can combine J and Y on one ticket. Here is the information

TICKET BASE USD TX/FEE USD TKT TTL USD
ADT01 288.00 14.60 302.60
*TTL 288.00 14.60 302.60

FBC ADT F912TU
ADT JAC DL X/SLC DL ATL288.00USD288.00END DL XF JAC4.5SLC4.5
TX 5.60AY 9.00XF
Old May 13, 2020, 12:59 pm

As I posted earlier, I was originally quoted a 5:45 estimate for a callback this morning on the PM line. Decided not to accept the callback at that time due to an unknown afternoon schedule. About half an hour later I decided to call back and accept. However I was only quoted a 2:45 wait for a callback this time. I accepted, and the call came right at the 2:00 hour mark. Once connected I waited about 5 minutes before an agent answered. She was extremely helpful, efficient, and I gave her a 5 on the survey.
Old May 13, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Just checking in, regarding the reports on low hold times when calling the Singapore line.

How are things looking now? Still the best course of action?
Old May 17, 2020, 5:43 pm

Called the PM line this evening and was quoted a 39 minute callback time. I accepted. Actual callback didn't come until right at the 1 hour mark. Once answered I still had about 10 minutes for an agent to pickup. So things are improving (down from my over 2 hours earlier in the week) but still backed up a bit even for elites.
Old May 17, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I called this morning, was quoted 3m for a callback, so decided to wait on hold. No answer after half an hour, so I called back and was quoted 2 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.