Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Things seem to have died down a bit at least when I called in today, had to call to use my $188 eCredit and my $184 eCredit since they were both under $200. Booked a SLC-MCO-ATL-MOB-ATL-SLC with that in June and there was no hold, three rings and I was immediately connected to a representative (GM line). My friend who has no status called to change a flight today and was only on hold for 6 minutes with no option for a callback.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:09 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I called yesterday at around noon EDT, to request a credit for an RUC from a cancelled ftl., the delay to speak to an agent was 1 second.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:31 pm

Anybody having issues with Facebook Messenger channel? Can't seem to get through to anyone over the past couple of days...

I did get through on 3/23 to cancel flight in April - the agent confirmed the flight is canceled but I still see I still see the flight in My Trips on Delta.com - I want to confirm the flight was actually canceled. Is Delta.com still showing canceled flights due to website issues?

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
The recorded message about "extremely high call volume and please only continue if you need to travel in the next 72 hours" message is gone.
lax01 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Less than a 5 minute wait today on the Platinum Line. No recording either about high call volumes or 72 hour travel only.
lax01 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Been on hold an hour No reply on twitter from yesterday. Any other tips? Flight cancelled April 9th. YWG-MSP....along with codeshares MSP-AMS, AMS-CPT. interestingly the codeshares on my bookings dont show up as cancelled. I can't get a full refund online (still charging a cancellation fee). Thanks

EDIT: murphys law. I got through and it was very easy.

Last edited by canadianhockey91; Mar 30, 2020 at 2:37 pm
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:30 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Called Saturday and got an agent with in minutes. Re-booked BKK round trip. Changed dates from 4/16 to 6/12 and agent applied GUC. Outbound on wait list, return got confirmed
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I called general member line at 1:20pm PDT today and was put in the queue for a callback with a 1hr 10m estimate. Let's see what happens. I still have a couple of days, so worst case I will try again very late tonight or tomorrow. I am not looking forward to calling UA, but given that the flight I am booked on w/ them has canceled now 7 days in a row, I will wait it out until as late as possible in hopes of a better chance of a full refund.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:08 pm

After not being able to cancel flights online, I called on 30 March. Was told I would get a call back in 15 minutes. Probably was closer to 10 minutes I had the call. I was very pleased.

Received a refund to the original card two days later.

Last edited by boatnfish; Apr 6, 2020 at 6:08 pm
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Anybody having issues with Facebook Messenger channel? Can't seem to get through to anyone over the past couple of days...

I did get through on 3/23 to cancel flight in April - the agent confirmed the flight is canceled but I still see I still see the flight in My Trips on Delta.com - I want to confirm the flight was actually canceled. Is Delta.com still showing canceled flights due to website issues?

Thanks
Finally broke down and called in - got a call back in like 40 mins. The rep on FB Messenger apparently did NOT cancel my flights correctly - rep on the phone took care of it and now I see the eCredits on my account on Delta.com
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:33 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Twitter seems totally broken. Tried for two days to send a DM and no one is responding.
lax01 and tearex like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Twitter seems totally broken. Tried for two days to send a DM and no one is responding.
Interesting you say that because I have had mixed experiences. I tweeted them about an eCredit question about a week ago and it told me to hit a number that relates to your situation, did that and had a rep in 30 seconds. Did the same when I needed to snag a WestJet confirmation number for a flight on them booked through DL, 2 minute response time. However, I tweeted before both of those about my medallion kit status and never got a response.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:49 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coke_cans_and_winglets
Interesting you say that because I have had mixed experiences. I tweeted them about an eCredit question about a week ago and it told me to hit a number that relates to your situation, did that and had a rep in 30 seconds. Did the same when I needed to snag a WestJet confirmation number for a flight on them booked through DL, 2 minute response time. However, I tweeted before both of those about my medallion kit status and never got a response.
The push a number thing worked quite well for me last week... not getting that this week.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:00 pm

I've stopped using Twitter in the interim, since the initial response time was 2 days, didn't get my problem solved, and a reply back to them has gone unanswered - over two weeks ago now and still showing as unseen.

I've not had any problems reaching an agent the last two times I've had to call this week, around 3 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. However, I have been unable to make new bookings on the website - with and without other pax, with GC and without GC, basic economy or not... clicking 'submit' just bounces back to the top of the page with no discernible error. Anything I can't book on the mobile app (such as with GC), I've had to book on the phone with an agent.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I called DL a few days ago to verify that the credit balance I received for my April 1 flight went through correctly, as I just got a very generic "your refund has been processed" email when I cancelled it the week prior. At 7 AM Eastern, there was no hold time at all. Very impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.