Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Just wait; it wont take that long. I'm a PM and have had to call in several times this week. The message says anywhere from a 2-4 hour wait but I've not had to wait more than 10-15 minutes.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta Sliver Medallion
Messy today yet again... Cant cancel my trip online, call line is super long so im hoping twitter will work.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by BradleyFlyer
Hold time exceed 2 hours on the Platinum line. Twitter hasn't responded after 2 hours 45 minutes. I guess we'll see if they can help me when I get to the airport in a few hours.
It took 11 hours to get back to me on Twitter. Woof.

Last edited by BradleyFlyer; Mar 12, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not able to login to my account at the moment
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:25 pm

I got a call back after about 3 hours.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:25 pm

On hold after transferred to another agent- more than an hour now

Called to make change due to corona. Due to queue, opted for them to call back. Received call after 8 hours. The agent said transferring to Reservation Desk, listening to Muzak for 60 minutes & no announcements. Sucks.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Called DL in Singapore after waiting for many hours for a callback. 5 minutes all done. So professional and lovely to deal with!
I just called Singapore, as well. All handled, agent was great.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Called DL in Singapore after waiting for many hours for a callback. 5 minutes all done. So professional and lovely to deal with!
This x 1000. Got through to a human instantly and was done in less than two minutes. I used Skype credit to make the call, and it cost be less than $0.10.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:25 pm

I tweeted with no response this morning
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ATLCDG
I just called Singapore, as well. All handled, agent was great.
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
This x 1000. Got through to a human instantly and was done in less than two minutes. I used Skype credit to make the call, and it cost be less than $0.10.
Great information, wish I had thought of this earlier.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback
I booked a flight over the phone this morning because delta.com kept giving an error message.

This afternoon the itinerary is no longer in My Trips. I called and was told it had been voided. Just rebooked it, thankfully same pricing. Hopefully it sticks.
I had the same issue where my itinerary was also no longer in My Trips. I had called a representative and they said that my trip was going to be refunded, but I never received confirmation of this. Did you receive credit for your flight or were you also refunded? Because at the moment I have not received a refund confirmation or credit for a new flight despite being within the 24hour charge free cancellation period.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Is the wait time estimator and call back function down? Calling now there's pre-recorded message saying there are intermittent technical issues and unprecedented volumes and hold times are over 6 hours, then the call transfers to the "we recognize the number you're calling from" message. However after that step, instead of providing current wait time and offering a call back, the call runs right into the hold music.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I called in and did the call back thing and they called 3.5 hours later.

I decided to call in again about 15 minutes after that call and got through in about 15 minutes. Nice lady processed my SDC no problem (would have done online but the flight I wanted wouldn't show up).
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by azdmelani
Yes, exactly. Not concerned as my request isnt urgent. I know they will get back to me.
I have noticed my SEA-AMS flight is cancelled but as of now the earlier flight is still scheduled. It's about a month out, so I'm not going to clog the queue for a little bit longer until the schedules sort themselves out. DL probably doesn't know yet what it's going to do but I'm not a stranded person in the EU right now, so ... good luck to those who are!
azdmelani likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Just tried to call into DL for something that can not be done on the internet, and as a DM was told the wait time would be over 2 hours?!?!? Is anybody else getting these messages?
What were you expecting when Americans were blindsided last night at 9pm and being given less than 48 hours to get out of Europe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.