Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by sleuth
What were you expecting when Americans were blindsided last night at 9pm and being given less than 48 hours to get out of Europe?
And then made worse by the inaccuracies in the statement. So even if you were planning on staying anyway, you had to call the airline to get clarity on the situation. And I'm guessing it took a good while until it trickled down to the front line CSRs considering it took a while to trickle down from the WH what the impact really was.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:16 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by pgh234
Emergencies tend to be unforseen events. This is a systematic planned shut down of the entire world-wide economy to, well, I don't know...make people feel better when reading their media feeds? Delta is certainly not helping itself here with their (surprise!) IT meltdown. Or was the IT meltdown the aforementioned real world emergency?
Yea. You're right. Delta should have planned ahead for the world to melt down.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kop84
And then made worse by the inaccuracies in the statement. So even if you were planning on staying anyway, you had to call the airline to get clarity on the situation. And I'm guessing it took a good while until it trickled down to the front line CSRs considering it took a while to trickle down from the WH what the impact really was.
Plus at 9pm last night most travelers in Europe were probably sleeping. Early risers probably had the chance to get to airports quickly and make changes right there to get back, but anyone else waking up as the first flights of the day were leaving are SOL.

And then we see posts like OP perplexed by wait times. I just have to laugh.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I can't even log into my Delta account at the moment. Anyone else experiencing the same issue as me?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just logged into my account with no problem. No trips booked right now, so not much to look at.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
Originally Posted by apodo77
I called in and did the call back thing and they called 3.5 hours later.

I decided to call in again about 15 minutes after that call and got through in about 15 minutes. Nice lady processed my SDC no problem (would have done online but the flight I wanted wouldn't show up).
I had a similar experience today. I called around 3 ET today, requested a call back and still hadn't been contacted at 7pm. Decided to try again, excep this time t I would just wait on hold. Was connected to an agent after about ~10 minutes.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
You guys all realize the airlines are dealing with a fairly unprecedented situation right?
Maybe have some patience, try again in a few days.

I’m going to lose a few hundred thousands points modifying trips to get home - but, it’s all good, it’s part of traveling.
Not stressed, not panicked, and not expecting lighting service.

We’re witnessing one of the most insane overreactions to any human event in the last 100 years. So, enjoy the show.
Full meltdown happening.

perfect storm of media making money, social media increasing anxiety, and fear being justified by the actions of the rest of the herd.
So wild.
Totally agree with ya. I'm not going to waste too much time on this unless my flight is tomorrow morning. As I said in other thread, DL tried calling me three times today and got through on the third. Everything have been sorted out. I'm going to live my life normally. Let's take advantage of all of the deals and promotions that are coming later this year!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I called this evening and was quoted a 6+ hour wait time but got through in less than 5 minutes and took care of everything without issue in just a couple more minutes
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Just tried to call into DL for something that can not be done on the internet, and as a DM was told the wait time would be over 2 hours?!?!? Is anybody else getting these messages?
2 hours is nothing. Had 9 hours a few days ago, then 7 hours... took a few days to get through.

You are really lucky to be so much front of the line to wait "only" 2 hours.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
only ~20 minutes to reach an agent just now, 6:45pm PDT
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Had 2.5 hours last night as DM.. Requested a call back, went to bed and answered when phone rang. Feels really weird to have ZERO reservations showing under "my trips" now. Agent cancelled one reservation that was a risk free back to my CC and did the other one as a no change fee credit and was quite pleasant, despite how overworked they must be at the moment. Said "we'll look forward to seeing you again when you get back to us".. I am not envying the resv agents jobs over the past couple of weeks!!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
If I can't get thru on the phone to cancel a flight I just booked for tomorrow, could I drive to the airport instead and have the counter agent cancel my reservation there for a refund? Can't seem to cancel online because I used e-credits for the flight.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just called, got through in 3 min as PM - no option of getting a callback.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by resolute
Had 2.5 hours last night as DM.. Requested a call back, went to bed and answered when phone rang. Feels really weird to have ZERO reservations showing under "my trips" now. Agent cancelled one reservation that was a risk free back to my CC and did the other one as a no change fee credit and was quite pleasant, despite how overworked they must be at the moment. Said "we'll look forward to seeing you again when you get back to us".. I am not envying the resv agents jobs over the past couple of weeks!!
I have called DL in Singapore several times over the past few days. Got through right away and dealt with all highly trained and exceptionally professional people.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by hull22
If I can't get thru on the phone to cancel a flight I just booked for tomorrow, could I drive to the airport instead and have the counter agent cancel my reservation there for a refund? Can't seem to cancel online because I used e-credits for the flight.
Call DL in Singapore. Get right through and very competent people will take great care of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.