Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd
It makes money by selling miles. Ideally they'd sell lots of miles and do nothing in return. Actually flying people in return for miles would not seem to increase DL's cash flow (it would remove a liability). Of course they have to do something to make people believe miles are valuable.
Yep, it's an aggregate value thing due to "breakage" and the fact that many, many people never actually redeem their miles for flights or take up an agents time with phone calls, etc. It pretty much the same thing as vendor gift cards that go unredeemed. The notion that random individual manufactured spenders (who tend to actually redeem their miles), are somehow more valuable than people who pay hard cash for their tickets because of the overall value of the program is flawed logic.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
1.5 callback DM now.. They call back and can't recognize the dial tones to say you're on the line and they hang up. Can't do anything online. They changed the flight time leaving 1 hour to connect in cdg which is almost impossible with the long lines now.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
Quoted 2 hr 11 min for a callback just now on the PM line.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Quoted a call back time for more than three hours on diamond line. All I want to do is SDC on to an earlier flight and their system. I thought we were suppose to be able to do SDC's on the app now, EF is shwoing my fare class available. It's 9:15 PM my time so means it will be after 12:15 this morning. I wish they would give a more specific time window.

ETA: tried the singapiore line and got right through. Was on the phone about four minutes total.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by jamesteroh; Jun 30, 2021 at 7:32 pm
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Quoted a call back time for more than three hours on diamond line. All I want to do is SDC on to an earlier flight and their system. I thought we were suppose to be able to do SDC's on the app now, EF is shwoing my fare class available. It's 9:15 PM my time so means it will be after 12:15 this morning. I wish they would give a more specific time window.
What happens when you try clicking change flight on the app?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:46 pm

Quoted 3 plus hours today at 4:25 for platinum line, got the call back at 7:15. Was in the phone for 42 minutes just trying to switch a flight to come home one day earlier. I wish we could do these online ourselves! Great agent, but even they seem to have trouble making changes and they often have to call their supervisor to help.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Said it was ineligible and to call the main 800 number. I think it was because I had an RUC that cleared a few days ago.

I was glad now I called the singapore number. At least half the time when I want to SDC on a cleared RUC they say the inventory isn't available and I have to HUCA which I was scared would happen in the case and didn't want to deal with another 3 hour call back.

The singapore agent didn't question it all and had it handled in a couple minutes. Sometimes even when I can find a US agent to SDC me she has to put me on hold and have someone reissue the ticket. Not so.

I'm thinking of calling the singapore number in the future if I need waitlisted on an RUC since they seem very knowledgeable.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 9:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Said it was ineligible and to call the main 800 number. I think it was because I had an RUC that cleared a few days ago.
Interesting -- has it been reissued yet? I'm curious because I saw a post on FB claiming that SDC via the app for a trip with a cleared RUC honored the last-seat-in-F policy; if true that would be a welcome change from having to convince phone agents of this...
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xliioper
The notion that random individual manufactured spenders (who tend to actually redeem their miles), are somehow more valuable than people who pay hard cash for their tickets because of the overall value of the program is flawed logic.
That would be flawed logic, if anyone had said it.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Interesting -- has it been reissued yet? I'm curious because I saw a post on FB claiming that SDC via the app for a trip with a cleared RUC honored the last-seat-in-F policy; if true that would be a welcome change from having to convince phone agents of this...
Wish the app would have allowed me to change it. There were three seats up front still available on my new flight. Ticket was reissued right away. As soon as I hung up I was able to check in for my flight and get my boarding pass.

I wish Delta would just put the language right on their website that has long as there is a first class seat you can same day confirmed if the RUC has cleared. I was impressed as to how fast the singapore agent made the change compared to what I usually go through with the diamond desk in the US.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Called in today (DL Platinum) to tidy up some poor rebooking choices made by the computer with schedule changes in August (DEN-BOS) and September (MAN-DEN). Time quoted when requesting the callback option was more than 3 hours; the actual time to getting called was 68 minutes.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
lol Delta must sense that I'm (trying) to fly them again for the first time since April 2020.

More than 3 hours hold time on the PM line.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Two days ago, I called the PM line at 10pm to change flights. Didn’t even get a quoted time for some reason. It went straight to the waiting room song or whatever it’s called. At a bit over 40 minutes, someone picked up. The shortest wait I’ve had so far while flying Delta.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I just sent Delta an email to complain about the hold times.

3 days to finally get an agent twice on the 1st day when I called and requested a call back I was placed on hold for nearly 2 hours before disconnected every few minutes it would say I was next in line to be answered.

I at the same time requested a text chat, and kept getting a message every hour for 5 hours until I just stopped replying Yes saying that they apologize for the unusually long wait and asking if I still needed assistance.

This is becoming a real major pain in the ... for me due to the fact that when I want to make a change to my flight it always tells me to call.
SamirD, strickerj and gt5889a like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by TerryK
This thread has been around for 15 months and there is still no improvement.
At this point, we know what we're getting if we buy from Delta. If we continue to purchase the product, it's on us.
RealHJ, SSF556, SamirD and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.