Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Thanks for confirming. This puts a big wrench in my plans. 9W's baggage allowances on domestic flights within India are pretty pathetic and I'd likely have to fork over a good amount of $$ for getting my bags on the final DEL-BOM segment (and back).
If you have a single ticket with a departure or destination in the U.S., the DOT's single baggage allowance rule will apply to the entire itinerary.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
If you have a single ticket with a departure or destination in the U.S., the DOT's single baggage allowance rule will apply to the entire itinerary.
The cost differential of purchasing a single ticket is not insignificant compared to purchasing them separately. The only reason I am looking at routing through DEL instead of BOM (my actual destination) is to be able to use GUCs all the way from the US to India. BOM is a greatly under served airport with just a single AF flight from CDG.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Keyser
unfortunately i can confirm what weetanuki posted earlier....9w does not recognize dl status so there is no additional baggage allowance....
Thanks for confirming! Good to know.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I was trying to book a Jet Airways flight through DL miles. The international segment shows up online but the domestic connection to DEL does not show up. Was advised by a agent that they can't add on domestic Jet airways flights. I need to add the fight to get the through check-in of the luggage.

Is that correct?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I was trying to book a Jet Airways flight through DL miles. The international segment shows up online but the domestic connection to DEL does not show up. Was advised by a agent that they can't add on domestic Jet airways flights.
I haven't heard of such a change where you cannot redeem on Jets domestic flights. Maybe there is no availability on that segment?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I was trying to book a Jet Airways flight through DL miles. The international segment shows up online but the domestic connection to DEL does not show up. Was advised by a agent that they can't add on domestic Jet airways flights. I need to add the fight to get the through check-in of the luggage.

Is that correct?
What is the routing you're trying to get? I'm not aware of a no domesstic Jet rule, but knowing the whole routing would be able to assist.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerco
what is the routing you're trying to get? I'm not aware of a no domesstic jet rule, but knowing the whole routing would be able to assist.
atq-del-ams-lhr

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Maybe there is no availability on that segment?
Its definitely available. Agent was able to hold it but said it didn't price up so would need to speak with some other department to see how many miles it would be.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is that correct?
Has anyone managed to book a domestic Indian flight on Jet through DL miles?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe the issue is similar to the way AA prices awards - there is no published award for that route.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Yes, albeit as part of an international itinerary (MAA-DEL-LHR, with a 16 hour overnight in DEL). Website and app kept erroring out; had to call to book, and then the agent had to get some special desk to "manually price" it..
Took about 20 minutes on the phone, but it got done.

Edit: had to HUCA twice though. I couldn't even get DEL - LHR on the website, so first agent could book DEL-LHR for me but couldn't add any of the MAA-DEL flights; I went ahead and grabbed DEL-LHR. Second agent couldn't price out the change to MAA-DEL-LHR for me; HUCA one more time before it finally got done.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Yes, albeit as part of an international itinerary (MAA-DEL-LHR, with a 16 hour overnight in DEL). Website and app kept erroring out; had to call to book, and then the agent had to get some special desk to "manually price" it..
Took about 20 minutes on the phone, but it got done.

Edit: had to HUCA twice though. I couldn't even get DEL - LHR on the website, so first agent could book DEL-LHR for me but couldn't add any of the MAA-DEL flights; I went ahead and grabbed DEL-LHR. Second agent couldn't price out the change to MAA-DEL-LHR for me; HUCA one more time before it finally got done.
Since they can't hold a flight can I book DEL-AMS and then call back to add on the domestic sector within 24hrs? Or is that only for flights to the USA?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Since they can't hold a flight can I book DEL-AMS and then call back to add on the domestic sector within 24hrs? Or is that only for flights to the USA?
I did just that for my itinerary, so I don't see why you couldn't?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
I did just that for my itinerary, so I don't see why you couldn't?
^
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the free 24 hour cancellation only for itineraries originating in the US?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Is the free 24 hour cancellation only for itineraries originating in the US?
Thats what I was advised in the past. taxicabnumber seems to suggest otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.