Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in
Jet is adding a flight from CDG to BOM. Hopefully an overnight, so one can connect within India during daylight hours.
Is it adding a flight? I thought it was just changing the timing of its existing flight?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
DL together with AF-KL announced additional cooperation and codesharing with 9W today, and indicated that full mileage earning and redemption with 9W will be available soon for SkyMiles members:

http://news.delta.com/delta-air-fran...-and-amsterdam

Full Frequent Flyer Mileage Reciprocity

Air France-KLM Flying Blue members are already eligible to earn and redeem miles on all routes operated by Jet Airways and vice versa. Soon, Delta SkyMiles and Jet Airways’ Jet Privilege members will also enjoy network-wide, reciprocal mileage earning and redemption privileges.
Rather amusing to see how DL and AF/KL are trying to play things in this environment. An environment where the GCC3 have already taken a lot of the butter and bread from DL and AF/KL on US-India and Europe-India routes but where they too may also not be getting all of the financial performance wanted by them.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
no mileage credit with jet

On June 15 I flew in paid business class SFO-DTW-AMS-BOM-CDG-SFO.
Only after requesting mileage credit most of the miles posted to AS. Except the AMS-BOM segment.
Jet just informed me via email that Delta is not a partner and miles can not be earned for flying on 9W metal with Delta flight number.
Delta customer service had advised they I needed to contact 9W.
I guess another email to Delta cs is on the schedule to maybe receive miles in my Delta account.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by pedropescador
On June 15 I flew in paid business class SFO-DTW-AMS-BOM-CDG-SFO.
Only after requesting mileage credit most of the miles posted to AS. Except the AMS-BOM segment.
Jet just informed me via email that Delta is not a partner and miles can not be earned for flying on 9W metal with Delta flight number.
Delta customer service had advised they I needed to contact 9W.
I guess another email to Delta cs is on the schedule to maybe receive miles in my Delta account.
Or tweet/call the SM team. I've found those options to be much faster than email with DL, particularly if it takes them a cycle or two to understand what you're asking.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Indian Miles
Is it adding a flight? I thought it was just changing the timing of its existing flight?
To my knowledge, it is twice a day (mid-morning and evening) throughout October, and when IATA Northern Winter starts, it seems to revert just to the mid-morning option.

This may be so it is easier for SkyTeam connections, especially from North America.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Indian Miles
Yes, could be that. The "New Connectivity" bit in the Press Release confused me into believing that Jet is starting a new flight. It most likely means new options for Delta flyers into India.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
To my knowledge, it is twice a day (mid-morning and evening) throughout October, and when IATA Northern Winter starts, it seems to revert just to the mid-morning option.

This may be so it is easier for SkyTeam connections, especially from North America.
It is easier only if you're terminating journey at the entry point (DEL/BOM etc). Arriving at 1 am, as KL does leaves one with no connecting options. Which is why I find VS convenient with it's mid morning arrival in DEL, leaving one with many options to fly onward.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by knit-in
It is easier only if you're terminating journey at the entry point (DEL/BOM etc). Arriving at 1 am, as KL does leaves one with no connecting options. Which is why I find VS convenient with it's mid morning arrival in DEL, leaving one with many options to fly onward.
Oh yes, of course. I was more so talking about connections in CDG for passengers taking overnight TATL flights from North America on SkyTeam partners.

I definitely agree that having to overnight at an Indian airport to get to a final destination is not something one looks forward to (I've never had the displeasure of doing so), and therefore any daytime arrivals would be preferable for someone who has to do that.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by N515CR
Or tweet/call the SM team. I've found those options to be much faster than email with DL, particularly if it takes them a cycle or two to understand what you're asking.
Scan + email boarding passes...
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:35 am

Can you book award travel on Jet using Delta?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Little over one year since the start of this thread, the FFP partnership has started:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...t-airways.html
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A reference on the redemption page:

The ability to redeem miles globally on Jet Airways flights will be available for SkyMiles Members by March 1, 2017.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...rd-travel.html
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
A reference on the redemption page:

The ability to redeem miles globally on Jet Airways flights will be available for SkyMiles Members by March 1, 2017.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...rd-travel.html
Looks like it has started earlier than scheduled.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Looks like it has started earlier than scheduled.
Yes and it shows up on DL.com. Pretty meaningful change in the sense you can now easily find flights to India connecting via LHR, CDG, AMS. I've booked three tickets. Plus domestic India connections also show up sometimes (meaning AMS-DEL-BOM). Also a one way originating in india does not get those foreign surcharges like Europe does. That said why is US-India 97,500 and Europe-India is 65k. Its the most expensive saver award. AA and UA are all lower. India is more expensive than Middle East, Southern Africa and even SE Asia (SIN, BKK). A coach ticket to India is 80k miles or $1000 cash - not a great redemption and business is about 200,000 miles for a $4k ticket.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
Yes and it shows up on DL.com. Pretty meaningful change in the sense you can now easily find flights to India connecting via LHR, CDG, AMS. I've booked three tickets. Plus domestic India connections also show up sometimes (meaning AMS-DEL-BOM). Also a one way originating in india does not get those foreign surcharges like Europe does. That said why is US-India 97,500 and Europe-India is 65k. Its the most expensive saver award. AA and UA are all lower. India is more expensive than Middle East, Southern Africa and even SE Asia (SIN, BKK). A coach ticket to India is 80k miles or $1000 cash - not a great redemption and business is about 200,000 miles for a $4k ticket.
Domestic flights within India are quite cheap so hopefully people don't redeem miles. A strange award pricing is India-Middle East which costs 40K one-way in Y while India-USA is also 40K and India-Europe is 35K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.