Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DrSavant
Just to add to the "fun" of the story - Jet's system shows my kids first and middle names as one word. Delta says that in their system the names are separate, and they can't fix anything. Jet says they can't touch the ticket because its issued by Delta.

So, I'm slightly cringing regarding any potential GA stupidity...
no issues at all....this is how 9w does it....
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
So..... Had a flight ATQ-DEL-AMS on 9W but for some reason the agent did not not allow me the 3PC allowance and insisted that I was only allowed 2 at 32kgs. After 30 mins of checking with their seniors they insisted that it was 2PC. I had no choice but to leave one behind. When I got to DEL I noticed they had checked my luggage onto the KLM flight which leaves at 330am and gave me boarding passes for the 230am Jet which was the one I had booked.

This was booked through DL and initially I did have the long haul on KLM but changed it a week before departure to 9W.

Anyone know why this would have happened? Long story short my suitcases are now lost.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by onlysuites
So..... Had a flight ATQ-DEL-AMS on 9W but for some reason the agent did not not allow me the 3PC allowance and insisted that I was only allowed 2 at 32kgs. After 30 mins of checking with their seniors they insisted that it was 2PC. I had no choice but to leave one behind. When I got to DEL I noticed they had checked my luggage onto the KLM flight which leaves at 330am and gave me boarding passes for the 230am Jet which was the one I had booked.

This was booked through DL and initially I did have the long haul on KLM but changed it a week before departure to 9W.

Anyone know why this would have happened? Long story short my suitcases are now lost.
How are they lost? Sounds like you know exactly where thry are.

Why do you think you get three pieces? Was this the return of a RT? Or was this a stand-alone ow booking? IWho was the first flight in reservation coded as? Was it 9W, KLM, DL, etc. The marketing, not operating carrier policies govern.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
When I got to DEL I noticed they had checked my luggage onto the KLM flight which leaves at 330am and gave me boarding passes for the 230am Jet which was the one I had booked.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
my understanding is that onlysuites meant that the suitcases checked into the klm flight instead of the 9w flight are lost....
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do you think you get three pieces? Was this the return of a RT? Or was this a stand-alone ow booking? IWho was the first flight in reservation coded as? Was it 9W, KLM, DL, etc. The marketing, not operating carrier policies govern.
My suitcase didn't make it and online system for KLM shows them as still locating.

Jet airways allowance is 3 PC's and since it was a Jet airways operated flight throughout my understanding is you get their allowance right?

Originally Posted by Keyser
my understanding is that onlysuites meant that the suitcases checked into the klm flight instead of the 9w flight are lost....
Exactly.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
My suitcase didn't make it and online system for KLM shows them as still locating.

Jet airways allowance is 3 PC's and since it was a Jet airways operated flight throughout my understanding is you get their allowance right?

Exactly.
Who was the flight marketed as at checkin. Operating carrier doesn't matter for checked bags. DL is 2 pieces unless you have status.

9W is 2 pieces unless you have status.

As for your lost bags, they're likely sitting in DEL waiting for next days flight afyer you report. They legally couldn't put them on KLM since you weren't a passenger. When you filed out report with 9W for missing bags (KLM isnt the one to file with) they can send DEL A message and paperwork to load your bags on the next flight.

Last edited by flyerCO; Jul 10, 2017 at 5:29 am
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who was the flight marketed as at checkin. Operating carrier doesn't matter for checked bags. DL is 2 pieces unless you have status.

9W is 2 pieces unless you have status.

As for your lost bags, they're likely sitting in DEL waiting for next days flight afyer you report. They legally couldn't put them on KLM since you weren't a passenger. When you filed out report with 9W for missing bags (KLM isnt the one to file with) they can send DEL A message and paperwork to load your bags on the next flight.
It was marketed as Jet Airways and their luggage allowance is 3PC at 23kg each. Where Are you seeing the 2PC allowance?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:56 am
Suspended

I booked a ticket with cash (not miles) in business class on delta.com and noticed that my bom-ams leg is on 9w and is marked as full y while the delta connecting flight is in discounted business..i feel scammed as i thought i was buying a business class ticket.

Upon further inspection all of the business class flights on delta.com involving 9w have the 9w legs in full y. Is there anything I can do to get this changed to business? Tempted to file a dot complaint. This wasnt a cheap ticket.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by sf_to_fl
I booked a ticket with cash (not miles) in business class on delta.com and noticed that my bom-ams leg is on 9w and is marked as full y while the delta connecting flight is in discounted business..i feel scammed as i thought i was buying a business class ticket.

Upon further inspection all of the business class flights on delta.com involving 9w have the 9w legs in full y. Is there anything I can do to get this changed to business? Tempted to file a dot complaint. This wasnt a cheap ticket.
what is the routing and why did you think you were booking in business rather than economy?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

DOT will find for airline. While you can gloss over it, Delta.com would have said multiple cabins, and the 9W flight would've showed Y under the details.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by woodford02A
what is the routing and why did you think you were booking in business rather than economy?
I selected a ticket from the Delta One column, BOM-AMS-SEA-SFO, where AMS-SEA-SFO are in business. Paying a business class fare, but sitting in coach for 10hrs is fairly deceptive.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:12 am
Suspended

DOT will find for airline. While you can gloss over it, Delta.com would have said multiple cabins, and the 9W flight would've showed Y under the details.
The larger issue is all of the codeshare flights on delta.com show the 9w flights in y, are they not allowed to sell j class tickets on 9w? Air france shows the same ticket for a lesser price with 9w in j
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
A quick look at DL.com shows 'multiple cabins' in every returned itinerary for pretty much anything involving Jet, so it looks like you probably should have looked at each flight more closely in the itinerary you selected. Your same itinerary with the BOM-AMS leg in business surely would have priced higher. Sorry, but I think this is user error.

I assume DL can market it this way because the majority of the legs did indeed book into business/first, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, can you cancel risk-free if you just booked this using the 24 hour rule?
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...cellation.html
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by woodford02A
A quick look at DL.com shows 'multiple cabins' in every returned itinerary for pretty much anything involving Jet, so it looks like you probably should have looked at each flight more closely in the itinerary you selected. Your same itinerary with the BOM-AMS leg in business surely would have priced higher. Sorry, but I think this is user error.

I assume DL can market it this way because the majority of the legs did indeed book into business/first, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, can you cancel risk-free if you just booked this using the 24 hour rule?
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...cellation.html
All DL issued tickets qualify for risk-free cancellation.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:18 am

The larger issue is all of the codeshare flights on delta.com show the 9w flights in y, are they not allowed to sell j class tickets on 9w? Air france shows the same ticket for a lesser price with 9w in j
That's just not true. Maybe in the market or date you are trying to fly only Y is available, but looking myself I see business booking into C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.