Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by runningformqm
similar experience, thought JVs were supposed to metal neutral too

though I have found that 9W agents let me use priority check in by showing my DL status card...but not having preferred (or any seats) seats, priority security, lounge access, etc are non starters. sadly, AF is switching BOM-CDG to Joon service.
There's no 9W/DL joint venture. It's a codeshare relationship. 9W isn't a SkyTeam carrier - don't expect alliance benefits. Other than reciprocal mileage earn and burn a review of press releases doesn't point to benefits DL has promised on 9W.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
Jet Airways code share sucks

Flying Jet airlways to CDG this evening from MAA. They won't allow me to web check-in. (it is a delta ticket, and coded as 'AF' flight number. The ticket was reissued after jet cancelled the onword flight.) Jet airways won't allocate seat prior to visiting the airport for check-in. No Diamond Medallion Benefits while boarding too. I called the diamond desk, but seems they are helpless. This is my third trip this year and same story is repeated every time. Seems like code share with Jet Airways is worthless to delta frequent fliers. Who should I complain about this to at Delta? Email or Twitter? Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:36 am

Forgot to add: while flying from Atlanta to MAA, at CDG, Jet Airways delayed the flight 4 times(scheduled to start at 10.40 AM from CDG, but the flight was delayed and finally cancelled the flight at 5PM in the evening. Diamond desk helped me. The cancelled flight was scheduled next day in the evening. If not for the nice folks at the diamond desk, I would been delayed for additional 30 hours.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
YOujust have to call Jet Airways and they will assign seats for you (I have only flown business so don’t know if they will for coach). You cannot check in online nor assign seats online. That happens a lot on flights to India because of visas but yes wish it was more seamless (like Virgin)
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Love_Travel
Flying Jet airlways to CDG this evening from MAA. They won't allow me to web check-in. (it is a delta ticket, and coded as 'AF' flight number. The ticket was reissued after jet cancelled the onword flight.) Jet airways won't allocate seat prior to visiting the airport for check-in. No Diamond Medallion Benefits while boarding too. I called the diamond desk, but seems they are helpless. This is my third trip this year and same story is repeated every time. Seems like code share with Jet Airways is worthless to delta frequent fliers. Who should I complain about this to at Delta? Email or Twitter? Thanks
unfortunately complaining to delta won't help....i face this problem with jet quite often....i get no medallion benefits besides the miles & mqms....you could try getting the 9w pnr from delta & give that to jet to try & pick your seat....probably won't work but its worth a try....
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:33 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Delta and Jet have a codeshare agreement. Expecting the same level of integration that you see with SkyTeam JV partners is... unrealistic. Are you not getting something that was explicitly promised?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:47 am

I guess I need to tone down my expectations. Better to fly AF to BLR or BOM.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:50 am

In case you aren't aware, you won't earn any DL miles for an AF marketed, 9W operated flight. If your originally ticketed flight was DL or 9W coded then you'll need to request original routing credit.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
I guess I need to tone down my expectations.]
Thanks very much for your reports. We frequently fly between USA and MAA on CX, SQ and EK, and I was looking at the CDG route as a new possibility, and considering accumulating DL miles to fund award flights on that route. But during test searches I could never find award availability, and your experience seems to confirm that it wouldn't be worth the effort (if even possible on award tickets at all).
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:29 pm

Or has anyone been able to find awards on AF/9W from MAA>CDG>USA?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by HariOm
9w is very stingy with award availability & releases very limited seats to its own frequent flyer members....i've seen award availability on the india-usa route with 9w but its limited....you have a much better chance looking for sectors on klm & af....there is tons of availability all year round to del & bom....
HariOm likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
9w is very stingy with award availability & releases very limited seats to its own frequent flyer members....i've seen award availability on the india-usa route with 9w but its limited....you have a much better chance looking for sectors on klm & af....there is tons of availability all year round to del & bom....
Thanks for that. Alas, 9W is the only nonstop between MAA and CDG that can be purchased with DL miles (unlike at BLR, BOM and DEL).
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Sure. Limiting results to one-stops may show you connections in SVO or JED, too, on a MAA-JFK search but delta.com can construct MAA-CDG-JFK connections.
HariOm likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for that. Alas, 9W is the only nonstop between MAA and CDG that can be purchased with DL miles (unlike at BLR, BOM and DEL).
call them....they may be able to get you a connecting flight via del or bom....
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
Really? I generally have no problem finding 2 seats (using DL SkyMiles) for LHR-DEL, LHR-BOM, BLR-AMS, MAA-CDG (and I book this multiple times a year). I grant you that I rarely ever see more than two J seats, and don't really have a sense for availability on BOM/DEL-CDG/AMS.

But in general, it's the CDG/AMS - USA options that are pretty much unicorns if looking to book with DL...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.