Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Delta looking at potentially acquiring stake in 9W

Reported earlier today that DL and 9W are in talks for DL to potentially acquire a 24% stake in 9W for just over USD300 million....

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...n-jet-airways/
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Is the free 24 hour cancellation only for itineraries originating in the US?
If sold as a DL ticket, then DL extends it to all bookings. Only US origin can be requested online.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Is the free 24 hour cancellation only for itineraries originating in the US?
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Thats what I was advised in the past. taxicabnumber seems to suggest otherwise.
i have been advised that in the past as well however i have cancelled itineraries originating out of india & europe multiple times within the 24 hour cancellation period....
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Reported earlier today that DL and 9W are in talks for DL to potentially acquire a 24% stake in 9W for just over USD300 million....

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...n-jet-airways/
good news as far as i am concerned....it would be great to get some benefits on 9w with my dl status....
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Incorrect. This was true a while back. You earn if 9W coded also. Actually FC on 9W coded is the best earnings you can get for any airline under SM. 300% mile earned, 200% miles for MQM, and a whopping 60% for MQD.

You don't earn if 9W operated, but coded as any airline other then 9W or DL. ie AF/KLM coded earn zero.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Jul 4, 2017 at 7:35 am Reason: Removed quote that contained spam.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Called back and spoke to a decent CR rep who managed to price it up correctly. She said her screen was showing the flights as 90k but after checking the DEL to AMS was pricing up as 65k she managed to do it for the same.

Was advised that chances and cancellations are free within 24hrs. ^
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
Just spent 2 days back and forth, after booking 4 award tickets on 9W metal, using Skymiles. It was dirt cheap (70,000 miles pp + $70 and change in taxes) from YYZ to AMS.

The major fail (on Delta's end), was misspelling my daughter's name (the award tickets were done on the phone, by a Delta agent, as the website never allowed me to complete the purchase for 70k miles - only for 110k) , and after I caught it when I got the confirmation email, all hell broke loose.

Delta reissued my daughter's ticket. Great. New PNR, separate from the rest of the family. Bad, but we can survive. Being paranoid, I call Jet. They tell me both PNRs have my daughter's name, and no record of the rest of the family

Anyway, after numerous calls to Delta, and hours on the phone, one of the PNRs has 3 pax on it. The other one, based on Jet's call centre, has my daughter's name, but now when I've tried to log in on Jet's website, using her name and PNR - no dice.

More phone tag tomorrow...

On this happy note - does anyone know whether Jet's web check in allows you to add another passenger, with a different PNR, during the check in process?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DrSavant
Just spent 2 days back and forth, after booking 4 award tickets on 9W metal, using Skymiles. It was dirt cheap (70,000 miles pp + $70 and change in taxes) from YYZ to AMS.

The major fail (on Delta's end), was misspelling my daughter's name (the award tickets were done on the phone, by a Delta agent, as the website never allowed me to complete the purchase for 70k miles - only for 110k) , and after I caught it when I got the confirmation email, all hell broke loose.

Delta reissued my daughter's ticket. Great. New PNR, separate from the rest of the family. Bad, but we can survive. Being paranoid, I call Jet. They tell me both PNRs have my daughter's name, and no record of the rest of the family

Anyway, after numerous calls to Delta, and hours on the phone, one of the PNRs has 3 pax on it. The other one, based on Jet's call centre, has my daughter's name, but now when I've tried to log in on Jet's website, using her name and PNR - no dice.

More phone tag tomorrow...

On this happy note - does anyone know whether Jet's web check in allows you to add another passenger, with a different PNR, during the check in process?
Not aware of any airline OLCI that allows that.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
This was my thought, however the Jet call centre agents claim it is possible (with no way to verify, as the trip is weeks away).
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't think of who it is but I have come across one of the main stream ones giving this option. Might be klm/AF?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Can't think of who it is but I have come across one of the main stream ones giving this option. Might be klm/AF?
I know KLM doesn't. I normally OLCI using KLM app for AF flights, so don't know on the AF side.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know KLM doesn't. I normally OLCI using KLM app for AF flights, so don't know on the AF side.
I wonder which airline it was then. Definitely saw it and thought it was a good idea.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:58 am

Just to add to the "fun" of the story - Jet's system shows my kids first and middle names as one word. Delta says that in their system the names are separate, and they can't fix anything. Jet says they can't touch the ticket because its issued by Delta.

So, I'm slightly cringing regarding any potential GA stupidity...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DrSavant
Just to add to the "fun" of the story - Jet's system shows my kids first and middle names as one word. Delta says that in their system the names are separate, and they can't fix anything. Jet says they can't touch the ticket because its issued by Delta.

So, I'm slightly cringing regarding any potential GA stupidity...
No worries. This is actually how a number of systems store the first and middle name. They are simply the "given" names field, while the last name is the "surname/family" name field. This is especially common when you book via one airline for flights on another. Although some airlines do this for their own direct bookings.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:17 pm

No worries. This is actually how a number of systems store the first and middle name. They are simply the "given" names field, while the last name is the "surname/family" name field. This is especially common when you book via one airline for flights on another. Although some airlines do this for their own direct bookings.
Thanks I've flown 1.2M miles, with the luck of not having a middle name, so this is a first for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.