Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by avcritic
We have a winner here. Berlin puts entire advanced western industrial world to shame.

DTW is almost 20 year old. ATL F is a 10+ gate extension. Not a great achievement. Sure airlines can hub everyone in the south through Atlanta to achieve the number, it doesn't make the airport better.

What about LGA? Is there is an award for an airport hosting most homeless?

When will LHR get third runway? 50 years later. T5 was conceived in 1985, started in 2002 and completed in 2012, Euros 4.3 Billion.

Developing countries are doing much better with aviation infrastructure than developed nations. There is no way spin it.
The major Indian airports were woefully inadequate as international gateways. They needed the upgrade. They were like JFK T2. That's being rebuilt too. LGA is awful, indeed.

Developing countries almost always spend more on infrastructure.

Not sure I have heard of those awards though except that Changi snags "Best Airport" every year.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The way to get a nice new airport is to host the Olympic (summer or winter) Games. A few other major sports events are also helpful, such as world cup soccer.

Brazil is a good example. Earlier the Olympics improved BCN.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in
The major Indian airports were woefully inadequate as international gateways. They needed the upgrade. They were like JFK T2. That's being rebuilt too. LGA is awful, indeed.

Developing countries almost always spend more on infrastructure.

Not sure I have heard of those awards though except that Changi snags "Best Airport" every year.
They have inadequate processes to deal with international transit passengers, but they have advanced infrastructure like integrated terminals in-place if and when they decide to simplify the process.

Any country which requires visa for international transfers will have issues. Also if airport process requires id check 7 times and pat down 8 times, nothing even most advanced building can do.

BTT, SkyTeam should have one hub in Europe, AMS is the best suited for it. If DL thinks AL/KL is lost cause, use VS@LHR to serve Indian market.

Apparently AF/CDG treats Indians badly, don't know why. May be Indians haven't seen the video/pics of AF HR head losing his shirt and jumping fence after delivering lay off news. Indians would feel that bad about sleeping on the floor.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Now only if i can use my upgrade certs on AMS-BOM segment, things would be great
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I fly to India often and quite like my CDG - BLR and AMS - DEL routes.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Any word on how earning miles on 9W will be. Will it be limited only to the Delta codeshare flights? Will the KLM codeshare flights earn any miles (I think technically KL coded but not operated need to be Skyteam otherwise no miles / mqms). Will AF's codeshare with 9W BOM-CDG earn miles (its a great flight as it allows for an evening departure from EU - gives DL pax flexibility). Also when will we be able to redeem miles on the codeshare AMS-BOM flights? They still are not showing up on DL.com and agents say cannot book. I am looking to buy one ticket and redeem for another but can't as don't have all the info.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
Yeah I have been watching for this but still haven't seen it show up as bookable. Hopefully soon.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Still no mention f the FFP on jet.com dl.com but fb.com has been updated:

https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...t-airways.html
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Still no mention f the FFP on jet.com dl.com but fb.com has been updated:

https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...t-airways.html
Am I missing it, or has DL and 9W still not provided any info on this partnership on their websites?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Am I missing it, or has DL and 9W still not provided any info on this partnership on their websites?
Came here with the same question. Can't find any mention on DL.com's Partner page.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-platinum.html

The latest news is from March 14, but no specifics on FF earnings etc.

http://news.delta.com/delta-partners...-india-network
I've got some travel coming up and 9W had a very competitive price in J through AMS, with a KL connection. It would be good to know if I can get MQMs if I bought directly from 9W, or whether I need to get 006 stock.

I guess I'll make an email inquiry ...
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:52 pm

Incidentally, I just priced a couple of hypothetical itineraries on Google Flights. One was BOM-IAD (AF/AF) / IAD - DEL (KL/KL); the other returning IAD - DEL (KL/9W). Both were available via Dl.com, and on the booking page, showed about the same amount of MQMs for a J ticket (~24k), and actually the exact same cost. So, MQMs are clearly available, at least booking via DL.com. We just don't have a chart anywhere that I can see, and no information about earning when flying a 9W booked ticket.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gashwingomes
Incidentally, I just priced a couple of hypothetical itineraries on Google Flights. One was BOM-IAD (AF/AF) / IAD - DEL (KL/KL); the other returning IAD - DEL (KL/9W). Both were available via Dl.com, and on the booking page, showed about the same amount of MQMs for a J ticket (~24k), and actually the exact same cost. So, MQMs are clearly available, at least booking via DL.com. We just don't have a chart anywhere that I can see, and no information about earning when flying a 9W booked ticket.
I booked and flew flights using 9W via the DL codeshare, on 006 stock. According to the summary when I purchased, I will receive MQM, RDMs, etc exactly as if we're a DL or KL or AF flight. Flights haven't posted yet so we will see.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by anon2k2
I booked and flew flights using 9W via the DL codeshare, on 006 stock. According to the summary when I purchased, I will receive MQM, RDMs, etc exactly as if we're a DL or KL or AF flight. Flights haven't posted yet so we will see.
Ah yes -- I wasn't thinking clearly. Of course, DL issued tickets on 006 stock will accrue miles as if flown on DL regardless of actual carrier metal. I presume the same would apply for any itinerary involving 9W metal, booked on KL or AF -- they would accrue RDM, MQM, MQD etc. as per the existing SM rules for KL or AF issued tickets. The question just remains as to flying on any metal, when booking on 9W itself. What is the accrual policy for those? That, as far as I can see, has not yet been published.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by anon2k2
Did they post? Thinking about booking Jet Airways to/from India & curious what you got regarding MQM's, RDM's etc
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Did they post? Thinking about booking Jet Airways to/from India & curious what you got regarding MQM's, RDM's etc
Yes, they posted. Full MQMs and RDMs as if I were flying on DL flights, including Medallion bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.