Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I flew Jet Airways AMS-BOM and BOM-CDG in business recently. The service, food and FAs were fine... nothing special but nothing objectionable either. I did experience a nearly 90 minute delay on the BOM-CDG leg due to an apparent failure of the ground staff to have an accurate count/list of passengers. Of course I missed my 2-hour layover connection in CDG. I was also disappointed that both times in BOM and in CDG, we used bus gates (despite dark, empty planes sitting at jetways in BOM) and were forced to enter and exit the plane with stairs.

Based on my limited but bad experiences I will try to avoid Jet Airways unless it is the only available option.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
so as i understand this partnership between dl & 9w, if i were to book a domestic 9w ticket to travel in india (say between del-bom) then i would earn mqms based on the chart below:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...t-airways.html

someone please correct me if i'm wrong....
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
so as i understand this partnership between dl & 9w, if i were to book a domestic 9w ticket to travel in india (say between del-bom) then i would earn mqms based on the chart below:

As long as it's 9W code and operated, then yes.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyerCO
thanks....sounds good....
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DL-Don
I flew Jet Airways AMS-BOM and BOM-CDG in business recently. The service, food and FAs were fine... nothing special but nothing objectionable either. I did experience a nearly 90 minute delay on the BOM-CDG leg due to an apparent failure of the ground staff to have an accurate count/list of passengers. Of course I missed my 2-hour layover connection in CDG. I was also disappointed that both times in BOM and in CDG, we used bus gates (despite dark, empty planes sitting at jetways in BOM) and were forced to enter and exit the plane with stairs.

Based on my limited but bad experiences I will try to avoid Jet Airways unless it is the only available option.
So you had to use a bus gate and had a delay and you are avoiding an airline? How on earth did you get to 5.* MM with loyalty? These are two (VERY) minor things and (VERY) common with international travel.

I have flown Jet - they are fine. 777-300ER is nicer in business than the A330 in my opinion.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser

just posting my experience from a del-bom return flight i took a few weeks ago on 9w....both flights were on the same day, about 17 hours apart....both were booked in k class, which is a miles & mqm earning eligible class as per the delta chart....

the del-bom sector posted on its own after a week....i waited another week for the return bom-del sector to post & when it didn't post on its own then i filled in a missing miles request....a couple of days later i get the following reply:

Dear Mr Keyser,

Thank you for your email.

We wish to inform you that Delta Sky miles member can now earn miles on Jet Airways only if it sold as Delta coded/marketed flights.

Since your booking is done on Jet Airways marketed flights, we are unable to post miles from our end.

Warm Regards,

J_____i S___h
Delta Air Lines
Customer Care India
i replied back stating that i had received miles for one sector & not the other, whereas both flights were on the same pnr & on the same day & booked in the same class....i haven't received a reply yet....

this morning i called the diamond desk & was told that the return segment is under processing & should post within the next 5-7 business days....
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Looks like you're dealing with an employee ato a foreign office and not DL Corporate. They often lag behind in knowledge. In fact im suprised theres still a DL office in India since DL left the market to AF/KLM to take over 2-3 years ago.

Calling the DM line got you through to someone who actually is up-to-date on things.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like you're dealing with an employee ato a foreign office and not DL Corporate. They often lag behind in knowledge. In fact im suprised theres still a DL office in India since DL left the market to AF/KLM to take over 2-3 years ago.

Calling the DM line got you through to someone who actually is up-to-date on things.
i was thinking the same thing....either way, i got the correct reply from the diamond desk....happy to wait for the flight to post....i just wanted to make sure its under processing....
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Don't worry you will get your miles/MQMs.
End of March i did fly AMS-BOM-MAA-BOM-BDQ-BOM-AMS 9W/S2 operated and marketed flights (issued on 589 stock).
The AMS-BOM-MAA posted automatically after 7-10 days. Had to ask for the MAA-BOM-BDQ-BOM-AMS legs, they did post within 24 hours after requesting them.

Last edited by Grouchy; Apr 17, 2017 at 5:19 am
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Don't worry you will get your miles/MQMs.
End of March i did fly AMS-BOM-MAA-BOM-BDQ-BOM-AMS 9W/S2 operated and marketed flights (issued on 589 stock) taking place end of March.
The AMS-BOM-MAA posted automatically after 7-10 days. Had to ask for the MAA-BOM-BDQ-BOM-AMS legs, they did post within 24 hours after requesting them.
sounds good....thanks....
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

BTW how is Jet service compared to AF/KLM? Have some options for an upcoming trip and a few have Jet for portions. Trying to decide to try them or not.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
BTW how is Jet service compared to AF/KLM? Have some options for an upcoming trip and a few have Jet for portions. Trying to decide to try them or not.
Two brief trip reports upthread -- mine is #51 and a few days later #53 .
tom
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Can only comment on their Premiere class (EU-India-EU and domestic Indian flights)

Love to fly them! When travelling to-from India i prefer them above KLM/AF.
On all my flights i encountered pleasant, attentive crew with excellent service.
I love Indian food (never tried their western options), the Jet Airways Premiere class food is simply great (plus having the 'dine whenever you want' option is also nice), wines are pretty nice and they serve Billecart Salmon.
Service through the flights was excellent. No carts being used (Only at the start they use a cart). After that no trays are used and everything is set directly on the tablecloth, that's is a nice touch.
Somewhat different sop/attitude for most of the Indian passengers; lots of call buttons were being pressed all the time. However, the nice crew members always kept smiling and patiently tried to satisfy every request.

No amenity kit on the AMS-BOM flight (You can ask for ear plugs, tooth brush etc)
The kit on the BOM-AMS is also not impressive (but they offer you a pyama if you want to sleep)

Domestic: great seats and service. Again pleasant, attentive crew with excellent service. Purser and a FA serving FC. PDB and a meal offered on every flight.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Guys - Any idea if 9W honors DL status with regard to increased baggage allowance? I can see on their website that if the ticket is purchased in USD, then the standard baggage allowance is 23kg per passenger.

However I am trying to use GUCs to get to BOM from the US and since KLM doesnt fly to BOM, I'd have to fly to DEL and then take a separate flight on 9W to BOM. I'm good with that except for the baggage allowance.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Guys - Any idea if 9W honors DL status with regard to increased baggage allowance? I can see on their website that if the ticket is purchased in USD, then the standard baggage allowance is 23kg per passenger.

However I am trying to use GUCs to get to BOM from the US and since KLM doesnt fly to BOM, I'd have to fly to DEL and then take a separate flight on 9W to BOM. I'm good with that except for the baggage allowance.

Any ideas?
AF flies to BOM and can use a GUC on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.