Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyerCO
BTW how is Jet service compared to AF/KLM? Have some options for an upcoming trip and a few have Jet for portions. Trying to decide to try them or not.
in general i find their service to be better than both af & klm....in business class i like the new klm seats but would rate the 9w seats to be far superior to af....if i had to rank all 3 then i would probably go with 9w first, followed by klm & finally af....
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
AF flies to BOM and can use a GUC on them.
My understanding is that for AF the GUC only upgrades you to the Premier Economy product, not Business. Also, you need the higher fare buckets to use a GUC.

Back to the original question: Does 9W recognize DL status at all? Specifically for baggage.

Last edited by crazyhorse; Apr 17, 2017 at 1:02 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
My understanding is that for AF the GUC only upgrades you to the Premier Economy product, not Business. Also, you need the higher fare buckets to use a GUC.

Back to the original question: Does 9W recognize DL status at all? Specifically for baggage.
It's only upgrade to PE from Y. However it upgrades from PE to J. PE can sometimes be only a couple hundred more then Y.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott PE
Originally Posted by huskerchad
I think that must be the case...it would be a codeshare with Delta, DL flight number, 006 ticket, etc.

ETA: MQM/MQD/RDM etc. when flying this codeshare, this doesn't mean Jet is becoming a SkyTeam partner and all flights would count or anything like that.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:41 pm

It's only upgrade to PE from Y. However it upgrades from PE to J. PE can sometimes be only a couple hundred more then Y.
From delta.com "One-way upgrade from Main Cabin when booked in Y, B, or M class to Premium Voyageur Class." The key issue is the Y,B,M fares which are always much much higher than what I'd get a normal V,T,U fare ticket for. My trip is not being paid by OPM.

So, trying again - Does 9W recognize DL status at all? Specifically for baggage.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i don't think it does....but i have another flight on 9w in a couple of weeks....i can find out then....
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
DL has hiked rates where the DL is not used for the Intl segment. So now a YYZ-BOM flight only on Jet is now 50K one-way.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
i don't think it does....but i have another flight on 9w in a couple of weeks....i can find out then....
Thanks Keyser. Look forward to your update.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
New 9W-operated AMS-BLR and CDG-MAA

9W will start nonstops between BLR and AMS (daily), as well as between MAA and CDG (5x weekly) starting this coming winter (Oct 29, 2017) and DL will be code sharing on both flights...

Both will be operated by 9W A330s

http://news.delta.com/delta-partner-...america-europe
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
9W will start nonstops between BLR and AMS (daily), as well as between MAA and CDG (5x weekly) starting this coming winter (Oct 29, 2017) and DL will be code sharing on both flights...

Excellent news.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
From delta.com "One-way upgrade from Main Cabin when booked in Y, B, or M class to Premium Voyageur Class." The key issue is the Y,B,M fares which are always much much higher than what I'd get a normal V,T,U fare ticket for. My trip is not being paid by OPM.

So, trying again - Does 9W recognize DL status at all? Specifically for baggage.
9W doesn't recognize DL status (nor other partners' status, ie. AB platinum). I just flew BKK-BOM-DXB round trip on 9W and I found it to be horrible. Don't even try to ask the check in or gate staff anything about Delta because they act like they haven't even heard of it. I was very disappointed, but at least I got 100% MQMs.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

Jet used to operate a BLR & MAA - BRU flight sometime back but stopped due to losses. Hopefully AMS & CDG will work. Wish they would re-start USA service.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weetanuki
but at least I got 100% MQMs.
this is the only reason i would put up with 9w....
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by weetanuki
9W doesn't recognize DL status (nor other partners' status, ie. AB platinum). I just flew BKK-BOM-DXB round trip on 9W and I found it to be horrible. Don't even try to ask the check in or gate staff anything about Delta because they act like they haven't even heard of it. I was very disappointed, but at least I got 100% MQMs.
Thanks for confirming. This puts a big wrench in my plans. 9W's baggage allowances on domestic flights within India are pretty pathetic and I'd likely have to fork over a good amount of $$ for getting my bags on the final DEL-BOM segment (and back).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Keyser. Look forward to your update.
unfortunately i can confirm what weetanuki posted earlier....9w does not recognize dl status so there is no additional baggage allowance....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.