Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Really? I generally have no problem finding 2 seats (using DL SkyMiles) for LHR-DEL, LHR-BOM, BLR-AMS, MAA-CDG (and I book this multiple times a year). I grant you that I rarely ever see more than two J seats, and don't really have a sense for availability on BOM/DEL-CDG/AMS.

But in general, it's the CDG/AMS - USA options that are pretty much unicorns if looking to book with DL...
2 j seats are often available on select routes....del or bom to lhr are the 2 routes were i have always found seats....but seats to ams, cdg are often limited to 1 or none at all....

but its been 7-8 years since i have found more than 2 long haul seats on 9w either using 9w or dl miles....on af & kl i've booked upto 8 seats together using miles....
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
So in light of all the bad news about 9W recently...

I've got a couple of SkyMiles awards for the second half of this year (HYD-BOM-LHR and SIN-DEL-AMS, both in J). What happens if 9W actually goes under (or at least nixes the routes -- I'm particularly concerned about SIN-DEL) and there's no other SkyTeam award space?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i had a delta ticket for travel from india - us & back for next week, with a couple of flight being operated by 9w....i called delta last night to ask them if i could switch the 9w flights to another skyteam carrier....they said they were aware of the 9w situation & were no longer selling tickets on flights operated by 9w....they managed to switch over the 9w flights to af & az without any penalties....

i would suggest all those who are schedule to fly 9w on delta ticketed flights, to call delta & see if they can change your flights to another carrier....
arunhn and RaflW like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
i had a delta ticket for travel from india - us & back for next week, with a couple of flight being operated by 9w....i called delta last night to ask them if i could switch the 9w flights to another skyteam carrier....they said they were aware of the 9w situation & were no longer selling tickets on flights operated by 9w....they managed to switch over the 9w flights to af & az without any penalties....

i would suggest all those who are schedule to fly 9w on delta ticketed flights, to call delta & see if they can change your flights to another carrier....
Paid or award? Award is easy to change. Paid I doubt they'd regularly do and its more of an agent discretion thing.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Paid or award? Award is easy to change. Paid I doubt they'd regularly do and its more of an agent discretion thing.
paid ticket....

they said they are aware of the 9w situation & at this point are not selling any more 9w operated tickets so if you are on a 9w flight then they will either issue a refund or allow you to change your ticket without a penalty....
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
So in light of all the bad news about 9W recently...

I've got a couple of SkyMiles awards for the second half of this year (HYD-BOM-LHR and SIN-DEL-AMS, both in J). What happens if 9W actually goes under (or at least nixes the routes -- I'm particularly concerned about SIN-DEL) and there's no other SkyTeam award space?
They'll get you on KLM/AF even if they have to call them to open space or pay them outright. However the likelhood of KE, CI, VN, AF, KL, GA, MU, FM all having zero space is unlikely. The problem will be any intra India routes. Nothing they can really do there.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I am about to book a KLM codeshare on Jet from AMS-DEL for the summer. Are they really doing that badly?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There's been a months-long search for investors and struggle for management control. If you buy your ticket with a credit card billed to a U.S. address you won't lose $ in the event of Jet's default - but you might get there and then not have a flight home. Lots of jets have been parked and schedules pared.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
The collapse of Jet would be a sentimental loss for me as the first flight that fully remember was taken on Jet from BLR to MAA. The short hop even had a meal.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I'm heading to BLR on Wednesday using AF for the CDG-BLR leg. I was on the 9W back BLR-AMS on April 5th but decided today it would be better NOT to rely on 9W so Delta moved me to the AF flight back through CDG with no fees or fare differences. I hope the risk of going through CDG is less than the risk of assuming 9W would be flying on the 5th.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
paid ticket....

they said they are aware of the 9w situation & at this point are not selling any more 9w operated tickets so if you are on a 9w flight then they will either issue a refund or allow you to change your ticket without a penalty....
Interesting ... I have a DL ticket with a 9W leg (AMS-DEL) in late April. I called the PM line earlier today and they said they were not aware of any waivers or bulletin notices on Jet Airways, and couldn't change the itinerary right now without penalty.

I'm thinking of sending a message to their Twitter account ... this kind of discrepancy is ... odd.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat

a quick search on dl.com shows many 9w flights being sold...its unlikely they would stop selling 9w flights while the airline is still operating given the jv
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gashwingomes
Interesting ... I have a DL ticket with a 9W leg (AMS-DEL) in late April. I called the PM line earlier today and they said they were not aware of any waivers or bulletin notices on Jet Airways, and couldn't change the itinerary right now without penalty.

I'm thinking of sending a message to their Twitter account ... this kind of discrepancy is ... odd.
i would suggest you try calling again....the agent said they had been receiving multiple calls regarding cancelled 9w flights & were aware of the situation....
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by runningformqm
a quick search on dl.com shows many 9w flights being sold...its unlikely they would stop selling 9w flights while the airline is still operating given the jv
the airline is still operating but i believe they have cancelled almost 70% of their flights....imaybe he meant to say that they are no longer selling 9w tickets on the sector i was flying since those are among the flights 9w has cancelled....either way, haven't done a search for 9w flights on dl.com....i'm just repeating what the agent told me....
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Now that Goyal has stepped down, a bailout package has been arranged correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.