Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre
Ya, basically they're doing it as they rebuild the terminals. Terminal 1 (boarding area B to board area C connection) is next in line, but won't be done for almost 10 years. The rest are only planned after that.
I'm surprised they didn't make C-to-D and D-to-E connectors part of the T2 refresh and, like, integrated into the backside of T2. The C-to-D connector just looks so... haphazardly tacked on like it's an afterthought.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Hardly true. SFO has a long term goal to complete the airside connections in the next few decades. None of them are actually being worked on. If I had friends I wanted to meet, I wouldn't suggest waiting decades, I'd probably make an alternative plan.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I'll give you that it was quiet, but I don't expect the new one to ever be crazy as DL's operations are limited at SFO.

As for being able to meet friends, SFO is working to connect all terminals plane side so this should not longer be an issue when that is complete.
When they do that, the Centurion Club becomes more attractive.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by sethb
When they do that, the Centurion Club becomes more attractive.
Considering the quality of the food and the wine in the Centurion it will always be more attractive!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Didn't even see this thread, but finally had a chance to check out the new SkyClub yesterday after losing SFO as my home airport. It's some swanky stuff! Gives some Centurion lounges a run for the money (in terms of design). I really, really loved the massive windows.

I did ask the check in agent if she thought there were long-term plans for DL to increase presence at SFO, since putting showers in a non-int'l gateway city is quite an investment. I guess they're really just waiting for the whole airside connection? Especially since SFO lost its NRT route. Who knows. Either way, it was really nice, and I enjoyed it greatly. Now if only they'd bring some Three Twins into the lounge so I don't have to run out and get some... ;-)
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Considering the quality of the food and the wine in the Centurion it will always be more attractive!
Not clear if it's worth the extra probing by the Security Theater Authority. The airside connection will avoid that.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:04 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by sethb
Not clear if it's worth the extra probing by the Security Theater Authority. The airside connection will avoid that.
Fortunately at least at SFO your probing comes not from the TSA but from a private contractor since the airport opted out of the TSA. I do find them to be notably more pleasant than most TSA screeners.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Fortunately at least at SFO your probing comes not from the TSA but from a private contractor since the airport opted out of the TSA. I do find them to be notably more pleasant than most TSA screeners.
What? I don't think this is possible. I believe that every airport in the United States is mandated to have TSA agents at checkpoints. Congress created this legislation after 9/11. Airports can have additional security staff from private contractors, but the folks in the TSA uniforms are federal "agents."
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:16 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
What? I don't think this is possible. I believe that every airport in the United States is mandated to have TSA agents at checkpoints. Congress created this legislation after 9/11. Airports can have additional security staff from private contractors, but the folks in the TSA uniforms are federal "agents."
There may be TSA supervisors or something on site but the people you interact with are not TSA, and if you look at their uniforms, they don't say TSA on them.

http://www.flysfo.com/about-sfo/safety-security

"Covenant Aviation Security".
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
There may be TSA supervisors or something on site but the people you interact with are not TSA, and if you look at their uniforms, they don't say TSA on them.

http://www.flysfo.com/about-sfo/safety-security

"Covenant Aviation Security".
Wow, I had no idea.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Not universally true. At EZE they had Chandon sparkling wine and some uninteresting red and white plus little cold sandwiches. It wasn't much better than the AR lounge next door, but at least it was convenient for the DL flight.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A limited number of USA airports were permitted to opt out of TSA and do security privately, but TSA still dictates the "procedures" and provides oversight. IIRC SFO is the only major airport that chose to exercise this option, although there are several small airports that did so.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I'll be visiting this club Friday. Looking forward to it.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Smurfs are federal employees but are not agents. The term agent generally applies to a federal law enforcement officer with arrest authority.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I've got a United trip tomorrow with a connection in SFO. How hard is it to get to the DL SC from the United gates? Should I assume I'll need to exit and go back through security to the DL gates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.