Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL PM
I was at the SFO Sky Club yesterday, and it looks like they've discontinued the premium food options? I remember having a really good flatbread pizza there in the fall. Bummed that it's back to Perry's as the only real option for a meal.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ghettoberry
I was at the SFO Sky Club yesterday, and it looks like they've discontinued the premium food options? I remember having a really good flatbread pizza there in the fall. Bummed that it's back to Perry's as the only real option for a meal.
What do you mean by the premium food options? I was just there on Sunday and they had a really nice selection of complimentary food. I also learned from one of the staff that the majority of the complimentary food for this club is made in house. When I was there they were serving pho along with a thai chicken salad, a few other salads, a soup and some other stuff. It was great.

edited to add: I just checked the website and it looks like the pay-menu is gone from both SFO and JFK. Not a good sign, though I don't recall ever seeing anyone order from it. I just hope they will continue to offer premium food on the buffet like they have been. It is also curious that they are not offering this at LAX.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by ghettoberry
I've ordered that flatbread pizza on three club visits. Bummer.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Disappointing to see that Lagunitas IPA was not on the complementary taps.

Anchor Steam... Yes. Lagunitas... no.
Isn't bottling the only difference between them ?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: DL PM
hi all, i am flying in and out of SFO next week on AF in Y via CDG -- i know this is the delta forum but hoping someone here can help me out...

i am a delta GM, can i access the skyclub before my 9p flight out to use the shower? no shower is listed in the AF lounge amenities... it looks like the terminals are not connected but if i leave enough time to clear security twice will i be allowed (both through security for the 'wrong' terminal and into the skyclub)?

is this a better or worse option than the amex centurion lounge? this is also in a different terminal, i think

is it possible to access the skyclub or centurion lounge on arrival from AF? i assume not but just in case...

thanks for your help!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roberta_h
i am a delta GM, can i access the skyclub before my 9p flight out to use the shower? no shower is listed in the AF lounge amenities... it looks like the terminals are not connected but if i leave enough time to clear security twice will i be allowed (both through security for the 'wrong' terminal and into the skyclub)?
Yes you'll be allowed thru security and admitted into the SkyClub, I've done it many times when flying AF/KLM from SFO. Yes, you'll have to exit security, walk to the International terminal and re-clear security to reach your gate.

I can't help with your other questions (I've never tried to use the lounge after arrival, never been to the Amex lounge)
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I am a delta GM, can i access the skyclub before my 9p flight out to use the shower? no shower is listed in the AF lounge amenities... it looks like the terminals are not connected but if i leave enough time to clear security twice will i be allowed (both through security for the 'wrong' terminal and into the skyclub)?
Yes, you can, but indeed, you will need to clear security twice. At SFO, a boarding pass grants access to any terminal - at most you can expect an agent to point out that you're in the wrong terminal, in which case just state that you wish to use the lounge.

The Delta SkyClub at SFO is excellent in virtually every regard. Whether it's worth the hassle of clearing security twice and taking the train (or walking) between the two terminals is a personal decision (flying AF, you will not get PreCheck) but if you have ample time, then why not. The showers are lovely, and there's hot food, too.

By contrast, the AF lounge is possibly the worst at the airport imo. 'nuf said.

is this a better or worse option than the amex centurion lounge? this is also in a different terminal, i think
The Sky Club and Centurion Lounge are roughly in the same league. The former is more spacious and has gorgeous views and more showers. The latter has an even fancier design and vibe, outstanding cocktails, daybeds, but it's busy. It is indeed in a separate terminal, though closer to Intl Terminal A (which AF uses) than the DL terminal.

is it possible to access the skyclub or centurion lounge on arrival from AF? i assume not but just in case...
No, unless you're connecting. You can technically use the Centurion lounge upon arrival. But without a boarding pass, you won't be able to get into Terminal 3 after you exit customs.

There's plenty more details at the following link (full disclosure, I contribute to loungereview.com) but I think I've covered the essentials.
https://loungereview.com/the-definit...-lounge-scene/
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: DL PM
thank you!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
If applicable even if you are a GM +, in a DL One seat, or are a sky club member...

Go to the Amex lounge in SFO (if applicable to you) WAY better experience, great shower rooms, quiet, good food, and they have Anchor Brewing on draft. (in the big glasses)
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by vincentharris

Go to the Amex lounge in SFO (if applicable to you) WAY better experience,
Have you been to the new Sky Club at SFO? Personally I think the physical club and design is actually nicer and more beautiful than the Amex lounge (which I also like, but don't bother with anymore unless I am not flying Delta). One factor is that the Sky Club has HUGE windows with amazing views of the runway and beyond, so you really kind of feel like you are in the sky. They also have some pretty amazing art, really nice furniture, and it's never crowded. I would agree that an Amex lounge is better than almost every other sky club, but this one is exceptional. Also, the SFO Amex club can get very crowded, so you are much more likely to have a shower available in the Sky Club (it is just not as busy of a lounge and has much less international traffic).

The one place where the Amex is probably still better is the food & wine, which is so great. However, the SFO Sky Club has a location specific food program that is better and different than all other sky clubs (except for JFK T4).
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
The new SFO Skyclub is just amazing. I spent three hours there yesterday on a long layover, and to me it's the way all Skyclubs should be. It is very spacious, the seating is well laid out, it has great views of the tarmac and runways, and a very nice food selection. And of course an excellent staff.

Apparently the food selection is specific to this club, per jdrtravel's post above.

Well done, Delta! ^ ^ ^

David
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I recently visited this club for the first time and agree with DiverDave's comments. A very nice club. And the shower is a great bonus.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:22 am

Even if they were right next to each other, the SkyClub would win here IMO. The crowding at the AX club has become quite annoying, and it's not laid out well to accommodate that. The DL SFO club is, as stated, simply outstanding in just about every way - I'd have to really nitpick to find issues with it.

The only edge I'd give the AX club is the liquor/wine as stated above. But even that's a weird call - the AX lounge has free spirits that are better than the DL free stuff, but DL has pay options that are better than what's at the AX club. And, I personally think the DL food is more appealing, but that surely can be a YMMV call.

Overall though, what a nice job DL did with this club.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DiverDave
The new SFO Skyclub is just amazing. I spent three hours there yesterday on a long layover, and to me it's the way all Skyclubs should be. It is very spacious, the seating is well laid out, it has great views of the tarmac and runways, and a very nice food selection. And of course an excellent staff.

Apparently the food selection is specific to this club, per jdrtravel's post above.

Well done, Delta! ^ ^ ^

David
Any perspective on what it is like in the evenings?

I have only seen it for about 15 minutes each on several occasions when I was making a 6:00 AM departure. I'll be making a 10:30 PM departure in a few weeks (having to take a red-eye since there were no Saturday flights permitting the use of an upgrade coupon).
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:24 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I've had several red-eyes out of SFO since the new club opened, usually at the end of the week, the crowd did not seem very crowded (plenty of seating), though there might have been some backup at the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.