FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1129529-san-francisco-sfo-sky-club-definitive-thread.html)

QueerEyeForDelta Dec 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Any chance SFO SkyClub will move beyond security?

I like the SFO SkyClub but not its location before security. I was in SFO yesterday and there is some construction going on after security. Are there an plans to move the SkyClub?

AirlineDeregulation Dec 18, 2009 8:43 pm

I doubt it. The SFO SkyClub (former CRC) has been outside of security forever and I don't think there is space inside of security.

FogCityTraveler Dec 22, 2009 10:53 pm

I think they could apply some creativity to solve this problem.

Go through security, down the ramp, turn right just before the first gate, go through the double doors, check-in, go up the new escalators installed on the outside of the terminal, go up to the next level, and walk into the new entrance to the SkyClub. (old entrance closed and walled in)

Yes, I know, they'll need to figure out an elevator route and fire escape.

channa Dec 22, 2009 11:55 pm

Not immediately, but I think long-term, when T2 reopens, most of the airlines in T1 will move to T2 (except CO which will move to T3 near UA).

So presumably they'll have new club facilities if DL moves.

FogCityTraveler Dec 23, 2009 8:27 am

It was my understanding that T2 was going to be for the LCCs... B6, VX, and WN.

channa Dec 23, 2009 8:54 am

Originally Posted by FogCityTraveler (Post 13042047)
It was my understanding that T2 was going to be for the LCCs... B6, VX, and WN.

I can't find anything online about it, so all I know is from employees at SFO.

I had heard that AA is moving to T2, so that wouldn't be all LCC's. And eventually T1 will be demolished and rebuilt.

blug Dec 23, 2009 9:05 am

Please don't move to airside, I love to be able to use it when flying any airline :D

Evan! Dec 23, 2009 9:17 am

Originally Posted by blug (Post 13042267)
Please don't move to airside, I love to be able to use it when flying any airline :D

If there was something special on the airside I would want it moved too. But there is nothing great on the other side. I never have found a long line at SFO security when I departed the SC. I actually like the fact that the SFO SC is outside the secure area. However, solo travelers are not allowed to drop their stuff at the club and then leave to shop or eat since it would be considered "unattended baggage". I have been admonished for trying.

DL2SXM Feb 27, 2010 3:28 pm

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

I know that DL's website says no, but I was wondering if that information is outdated? Has anyone been in the SFO sky club recently?

akonradi Feb 27, 2010 4:07 pm

I was in the one outside of boarding area C about a month ago, and it does not have one. I cannot speak for the one in A, though.

DLATL777 Feb 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Nope.

SFO777 Feb 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Deleted.

mersk862 Feb 27, 2010 5:04 pm

The only lounge that I know of at SFO that has a shower is the Singapore Airlines lounge...I know that AA, UA (at least the RCCs), DL, AS and CO all do not have them...

mike_plat Feb 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 13478299)
Believe OP was referring to SFO, where there is only one SC, brilliantly located pre-security. :rolleyes:

Not so. There's one also in Concourse A of the International Terminal. It is airside, but does not have a shower.

SFO777 Feb 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by mike_plat (Post 13478390)
Not so. There's one also in Concourse A of the International Terminal. It is airside, but does not have a shower.

Oops, my bad. Hopefully, I never have to see it. ;)