Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I think it varies, have definitely seen a few Friday nights before redeyes where it was crowded.

Will be there tonight for a bit if anyone's around
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Any perspective on what it is like in the evenings?

I have only seen it for about 15 minutes each on several occasions when I was making a 6:00 AM departure. I'll be making a 10:30 PM departure in a few weeks (having to take a red-eye since there were no Saturday flights permitting the use of an upgrade coupon).
I just saw it on Tuesday from about 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. The club was not crowded at all at that time.

But it was my first visit to the new club, and as noted in another thread Tuesday seemed to be an extremely light travel day. My SFO-ATL flight had 114 seats available with 4 standbys. That is out of 180 seats on a 739 torture tube.

I might have even gotten the upgrade (not sidegrade), as there were 7 on the list and 2 got upgraded. I had burned an RUC, so had I not there would have been 8 on the list with 3 upgrades. But as a PM on a V fare, I might have missed it still.

David
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I just saw it on Tuesday from about 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. ...
You got your money's worth...

Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Was just there Sunday the 11th for ~3 hours. Used the showers and ate. Was great and not too crowded. Will be there again this Sunday and plan to do the same thing again. Had decent food as well which was nice.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
You got your money's worth...

Thanks for the info.

David
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I use this lounge often since it's one of two my home airports. This lounge is always lighter compare to other cities. SFO is not a hub for Delta, so the traffic here is a lot lighter than other hub cities. Even during 8/8 computer meltdown, this lounge was not overly crowded. When I eventually got to LAX on the same day, it was like a zoo in the lounge.

I did notice they now seem to synchronize the food offering with other lounges and no more local themed stuff.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wlau
I use this lounge often since it's one of two my home airports. This lounge is always lighter compare to other cities. SFO is not a hub for Delta, so the traffic here is a lot lighter than other hub cities. Even during 8/8 computer meltdown, this lounge was not overly crowded. When I eventually got to LAX on the same day, it was like a zoo in the lounge.

I did notice they now seem to synchronize the food offering with other lounges and no more local themed stuff.
Not sure how 'themed' but had 'make your own Pho' last Sunday night. Have never seen that in ATL(in any of the lounges) and don't think one would.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wow, all I have to say is wow. After spending 4 years in SFO in the old club I feel like I should move back! Roomy, bright, spacious, not too crowded, actually a pleasant experience.

Food is probably the best in any domestic SC I've seen. As another poster said they had the make your own pho there, along with chicken fried rice. That is in addition to the normal findings at DL SC (two soups, snacks, veggies, mix of cold casseroles etc).

The showers/bathrooms are fantastic, views amazing of the Tarmac/runways, and I love the themed artwork in the business section. If you go look carefully you can see each one is of an SFO company.

Even the staff is a lot happier too, as they now can focus on customer service as the food is all outsourced.

CAn't wait to go back. Only wish they'd UG the Denver SC to that but I'm dreaming!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I just keep being nervous that they will downgrade the food offerings. At first the premium food was for purchase, and then they shut that down and offered some of those items for free. But I don't see this club, with the only D1 flight being the JFK flight, and hardly any connecting traffic, continuing to demand this level of service. But maybe there is enough wealth in the bay area that they are attracting enough D1 customers that are connecting in JFK or SEA/LAX that it's worth it.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Also the chicken salad at SFO the last few times I've been, isn't the same watery mayonnaisey soup I've seen at other SCs, it's curry flavored (in fact suspiciously similar to a Trader Joe's product but there are some slight differences)
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I just keep being nervous that they will downgrade the food offerings. At first the premium food was for purchase, and then they shut that down and offered some of those items for free. But I don't see this club, with the only D1 flight being the JFK flight, and hardly any connecting traffic, continuing to demand this level of service. But maybe there is enough wealth in the bay area that they are attracting enough D1 customers that are connecting in JFK or SEA/LAX that it's worth it.
I bet that route sees enough paying the big prices on just that. Plus there is a lot of east coast traffic. I have flow ATL-SFO multiple times this year and every single plane was completely full. Not full to the point of asking for volunteers but plane is full. Returns, even red-eyes have been at capacity or above 90%. I think it sees the traffic and the Bay Area kind of demands this kind of quality.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
I'm there every Thursday night flying home on one of the red eyes and I can tell you they are packed. Upgrades with certificates or miles are pretty much impossible as a diamond. Most of the premium cabins are sold - particularly the D1 flight.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Not sure how 'themed' but had 'make your own Pho' last Sunday night. Have never seen that in ATL(in any of the lounges) and don't think one would.
I have to say that the "pho" and I use that term loosely, was pretty sad. Hopefully folks that have never had Pho, don't get that and then assume thats all it is. None the less, I always like this SC. And like other said, food is decent as is service and the SC reps that work there regularly. They are always very accommodating and helpful and cheerful, IMO
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:51 pm

Arrived at 530 today. Waiting until ~630 for a shower. It's the same number of people as last Sunday. Although I arrived ~2hrs earlier.

And my flight to Detroit is on time.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Eggs Benny - It's The Little Things

Spent Sunday morning (1/8/17) in the SFO club from 5:00am to about 8:30am playing musical flights in an effort to get back to ATL and beat the Sunday storm. The staff was geared up and ready to help... and it's the little things in life like the the eggs Benidict which were a nice and tasty surprise. A shout-out to the club wait-staff who were particularly friendly and accommodating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.