Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I was there on Saturday in the heigh of the ATL storm, also trying to get to ATL on the A330 flight that was delayed 3.5 hours. The staff were fantastic, as was the food and everything else. Hands down the best club, especially because it never gets too full.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Visited last Sunday night at 9:30 PM right before my red eye. The club was surprisingly crowded for a late night but I guess there are a bunch of overnight flights. I was really impressed, especially with the food selection which included Skybowls where you could add rice, pasta, chicken and vegetables, two soups, a stew and another chicken dish. They even had marshmallows for hot chocolate.

Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Can't remember, but can you get to the DL SC from the UA terminal (T3)? Have a UA flight and want to access the club....
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Can't remember, but can you get to the DL SC from the UA terminal (T3)? Have a UA flight and want to access the club....
No, the DL part of T1 is only connected post security to T2.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks, will have to wait to use SFO next time. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:36 pm

If you have the Amex plat. card, there is a centurion lounge in the United terminal. Also, depending on how much time you have, security lines at the DL terminal are usually quick if you want to bother clearing security twice.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
At the SFO skyclub right now for a 10:50 flight. Even though I got to the SC over two hours before my 10:55 red eye there is such a long wait for the showers looks like I won't be able to get in to get a shower before my flight. I wish they had more showers here.

They also don't have the Pho soup anymore and only sweet choices are cookies
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
At the SFO skyclub right now for a 10:50 flight. Even though I got to the SC over two hours before my 10:55 red eye there is such a long wait for the showers looks like I won't be able to get in to get a shower before my flight. I wish they had more showers here.

They also don't have the Pho soup anymore and only sweet choices are cookies
1110pm flight for me last night. I just made the shower. I left skyclub and they had just started boarding. That was about 1hr30min wait.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
1110pm flight for me last night. I just made the shower. I left skyclub and they had just started boarding. That was about 1hr30min wait.
We must have been in the Skyclub at the same time I was on the 10:50 DTW flight I knew I would be cutting it too close and just told the agent at t-60 minutes to remove me from the list.

The club wasn't that busy. Guess everyone wanted a shower before their flight. I've taken that flight quite a few times and longest I ever had to wait on a shower in the past was a half hour
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:13 pm

Do the agents ask guests to limit their time in the shower when there is a line? I can easily imagine someone spending 30 minutes in there.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Do the agents ask guests to limit their time in the shower when there is a line? I can easily imagine someone spending 30 minutes in there.
Definitely. Lots of people coming from the races in Monterey. Outside all day and wanted showers. I only made it because you and two others I knew bailed on the list.

Most I've waited is around 30min too. I've also gone in immediately.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
We must have been in the Skyclub at the same time I was on the 10:50 DTW flight I knew I would be cutting it too close and just told the agent at t-60 minutes to remove me from the list.

The club wasn't that busy. Guess everyone wanted a shower before their flight. I've taken that flight quite a few times and longest I ever had to wait on a shower in the past was a half hour
No limit. Or states limit. I was in/out in 10min.

Negative.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
No, they've never asked me to limit my time But even a half hour per person is reasonable and they only have two showers.

You have to allow time for the shower, people that are showering are probably changing clothes so there is the time to get the clothes out of the luggage, repack shower supplies, repack durty clothes. If it's women I'm sure they'll spend time putting on make up as well.

There is also the time it takes the attendant to pick up the dirty towels and restock them and the supplies and clean the shower between every use.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:00 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Great staff there. I have spent many hours there and appreciate how positive they are.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Any perspective on what it is like in the evenings?
10pm on a Tuesday and it's empty. A total of 9 people in the entire club...
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by ULDB65
10pm on a Tuesday and it's empty. A total of 9 people in the entire club...
Originally Posted by Dick Ginkowski
Great staff there. I have spent many hours there and appreciate how positive they are.

Really it is outbound, and inbound to a lesser extend, flight times. If you go 1-2 hours before a big bank of flights it's going to be very busy. IE on a Sunday night there is a 10 and 11pm to ATL. An 11pm to DTW. I believe 2 or 3 other redeye with the smallest aircraft being a 739.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.