Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
For the first time in my life I am actually hoping my flight gets delayed!
Check out Delta's codeshare partner Virgin Atlantic's Clubhouse at LHR (T3)--another place you might hope for a delay.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by atl runner
Check out Delta's codeshare partner Virgin Atlantic's Clubhouse at LHR (T3)--another place you might hope for a delay.
I would expect that at a hub like LHR but SFO? Its not even a focus city.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I haven't seen the new SFO club yet, but I agree, the Virgin Atlantic clubhouse blows away any Delta club I've ever seen (and, for that matter, the Centurion clubs).
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
It really does seem like Delta is trying to up their game with this new SFO club. Granted, the complimentary items seem to the same as the rest of the system, but with a focus on art & design, plus the introduction of real china, bringing in special food and wine programs....these are all very, very good signs.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:20 am

I would expect that at a hub like LHR but SFO? Its not even a focus city.
It isn't necessarily a focus city, but as others have pointed out, it probably gets more than it's fair share of higher revenue passengers, due to the vibrancy of the Bay Area economy and Silicon Valley.

Plus, it's easily the best city in the entire country!^
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
It isn't necessarily a focus city, but as others have pointed out, it probably gets more than it's fair share of higher revenue passengers, due to the vibrancy of the Bay Area economy and Silicon Valley.

Plus the only non-hub that has 7 daily D1 flights
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta, United, Virgin America, British Airways, JetBlue, Alaska
SkyClub SFO- full report & slideshow

Hey there... here's our full report and slideshow on TravelSkills of Delta's new Sky Club at SFO. Quite impressive!

http://travelskills.com/2015/08/31/b...sfo-slideshow/

Enjoy!
chris
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:10 pm
Suspended

couldn't agree more on both accounts. When your competing against the likes of UA, B6 and AA, you need something like the new SFO club to set you apart from the rest. This should do the trick.

I was pretty amazed actually at how busy the club was in only its 2nd day of existence. The old club barely had a dozen people in it at any one time. The new club must have had 40 something people in it.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:13 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

I was pretty amazed actually at how busy the club was in only its 2nd day of existence. The old club barely had a dozen people in it at any one time. The new club must have had 40 something people in it.
I think a lot of people didn't even know the old club existed. I was talking to a friend recently who is a regular Sky Club user and she was saying that she had just been in SFO and was disappointed to see (that she thought) there wasn't a club; I tried to explain to her the situation. Certainly the new one will be easier to find.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:16 pm

couldn't agree more on both accounts. When your competing against the likes of UA, B6 and AA, you need something like the new SFO club to set you apart from the rest. This should do the trick.

I think a big reason the previous club wasn't as busy was the hassle of it being landslide.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ticketatl
Hey there... here's our full report and slideshow on TravelSkills of Delta's new Sky Club at SFO. Quite impressive!

http://travelskills.com/2015/08/31/b...sfo-slideshow/

Enjoy!
chris
Nicely done and fairly represents what I saw in the club and more. It leaves you wondering if this club is a spring board for future international ventures out of SFO or, is it just to appease a few dozen folks flying D1 to JFK?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:21 pm
Suspended

I think a big reason the previous club wasn't as busy was the hassle of it being landslide.
I think so as well plus, the few times I was at the previous club, it easily could take up to 15 minutes with TSA precheck to get through security. Might I say that yesterday, I was through in a minute or two. No wait at all and the terminal seemed packed.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Nicely done and fairly represents what I saw in the club and more. It leaves you wondering if this club is a spring board for future international ventures out of SFO or, is it just to appease those few daily folks flying D1 to JFK?
I don't think it has anything to do with adding international flights at SFO cause those flights would have to use the international terminal which has no airside connection to this lounge
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I couldn't agree more. Landslides are terribly inconvenient.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I don't think it has anything to do with adding international flights at SFO cause those flights would have to use the international terminal which has no airside connection to this lounge
It would theoretically be possible for Delta to board flights at one terminal and deplane at another. I believe that the NRT flights used to do this but I could be wrong. Also, who knows, perhaps they have plans to expand domestic D1 service--I'm not really sure where else this could work, maybe ATL for more international connections?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.