Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:46 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by kthpence
I'm flying J, so have access to the AF lounge regardless, but tbh, it's a pretty crummy lounge. Gunna try my luck at the VS lounge and hope space is available upon arrival.
Flying J may be enough to get into the Sky Club, I'm not sure. I know Star requires that any alliance member business class ticket gets you access to any Star lounge at the departure airport. I think SkyTeam would have the same rule, but SkyTeam's lounge access rules are a bit less generous in general and the language on the SkyTeam website doesn't seem to exactly address this scenario, so not sure. Even if it is the rule, it might cause some confusion among the staff at the Sky Club as I doubt they see this often in SFO.
kthpence likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bgriff
Flying J may be enough to get into the Sky Club, I'm not sure.
It should be --

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
Under "Delta One or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger" and in the right column "When traveling on a SkyTeam flight (excluding Delta)"
kthpence likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
No. Amex Plat card only provides for Sky Club access with DL operated flights or with flights that are operated by WS and marketed by DL. All other partner operated flights are excluded (even if they are marketed by DL).
DL-marketed westjet-operated flights are eligible with the platinum card. Not sure why that particular partner has a special treatment, though.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Would I have access to the SkyClub flight SFO-CDG on AF with my Amex platinum? Not many lounge options are open for my 11PM departure, and thinking this may be my best bet for a drink and snack before getting on the plane. I know I'd have to re-clear security, but with clear & pre-check & priority access, I'm not too concerned on timing.
I'm flying J, so have access to the AF lounge regardless, but tbh, it's a pretty crummy lounge. Gunna try my luck at the VS lounge and hope space is available upon arrival.

Agree that the lounge is bad. I think it feels like a bus station and its the old NWA lounge from when they offered service to NRT years ago, and its hardly been updated unless they have done something recently. But remember that you'll have to travel between intl terminal and T1. Late at night this seems like a pain. Can you even transfer airside?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Agree that the lounge is bad. I think it feels like a bus station and its the old NWA lounge from when they offered service to NRT years ago, and its hardly been updated unless they have done something recently. But remember that you'll have to travel between intl terminal and T1. Late at night this seems like a pain. Can you even transfer airside?
No, you can't so you'd need to clear security multiple times. The SFO Skyclub is one of the best in Delta's lineup but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:43 pm

It's a good lounge, but I wouldn't clear security twice to go to it - it's not that good. The only reason I could see to do that is if you really wanted a shower before the flight.
ebayj and cmd320 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.