Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Do you need a SF address to get the email? No email here.
Apparently not! SFO has been my home airport for more than 20 years but I didn't get the email!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Cue Jim Morrison . . . this is the end

I've been coming to the SFO Club for 30 years. I'm in it right now. Hail and farewell.

The concierges have confirmed that this room will open and close normal hours on Wednesday and Thursday.

The new club opens at 5 am on Friday. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony and a "DO" between 11 am and 4 pm on Friday.

I hope everyone on here gets to the new club ASAP and hoists a cold one for me. I probably won't be back in the Bay Area until November.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
In my recent visit the SFO club I was talking with one of the agents about the change. She commented that one thing that some of the staff were sad about is that they are no longer going to be bar tending. The current SFO club is a holdout in that it has a staffed bar but was never turned into a Luxury Bar---so the bartenders are just SC staff who also work at the front desk and just rotate through. She said she really enjoys working the bar and enjoys the customer interaction, but that in the new club they will be contracting this part out.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wish SFO would open airside passageways to let all airline passengers use the Centurion lounge without going through TSA security twice, although if the new airside SC is good, this will be less important.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I hope they keep the homemade unsweetened iced tea at the new club. This has been the only Skyclub I have been in with iced tea, nice alternative to coke zero.

I'm looking forward to the showers. I'll be doing more redeyes out of SFO now that I know I can take a shower before the flight.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
Parking a huge plane at T1-C might be a problem, though. Would anything larger than a 767 even fit there?
Yes, I flew on a DL 77E out of T1-C last November.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
This has been the only Skyclub I have been in with iced tea, nice alternative to coke zero.
I also noticed unsweetened iced tea at BOS-A7 earlier this month.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ND76

The new club opens at 5 am on Friday. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony and a "DO" between 11 am and 4 pm on Friday.
Thanks for the opening time info! I'll be there bright & early Friday morning...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
If you have pre-check and enough time it is doable. When I've had a long delay I have gone over to the Amex lounge---and delays are certainly not uncommon at SFO. Once they move the SC past security this will probably be less appealing.
Why? I leave the Centurion Lounge early enough to board my flight, bypassing the SkyClub. If I get through more quickly than I expect (or my flight is delayed at the last minute), having the SkyClub available inside Security Theater is a benefit.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Looks pretty awesome (with pictures): http://travelskills.com/2015/08/27/f...lub-sfo-photos

"bring your sunglasses and get ready for some of the best runway views ever through a wall of windows that will take your breath away. "
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:36 pm

gorgeous! I'm excited to see it!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:40 pm

Wifi in the new club works.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Rufferto
Wifi in the new club works.
.....and it's apparenlty possible to use the SC WiFi signal from outside of the lounge.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
It's really beautiful. Very bright and airy. Seems as large as the JFK T4 lounge but maybe not quite. Lots of Delta staff walking around being accommodating. First-day events included cookbook signing by Mai Pham who did the menu, and wine tastings with sommelier Andrea Robinson. I'm on my iPhone now and am not sure how to post photos but I took a bunch. Will try to post later.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I just booked a couple of trips in September connecting in SFO, so I'll be seeing it soon.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
It's really beautiful. Very bright and airy. Seems as large as the JFK T4 lounge but maybe not quite. Lots of Delta staff walking around being accommodating. First-day events included cookbook signing by Mai Pham who did the menu, and wine tastings with sommelier Andrea Robinson. I'm on my iPhone now and am not sure how to post photos but I took a bunch. Will try to post later.
It would be great if you took a photo of the menu if you could also post that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.