Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Or perhaps they have a thought of bringing back more international or Hawaii service?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I'd be surprised to see any int'l buildup in SFO in the near future. DL seems to be putting most of their west coast bets on LAX and SEA. HI might be different, though. There's strong traffic between the Bay Area and the Islands, but have no idea how profitable it is.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I'd be surprised to see any int'l buildup in SFO in the near future. DL seems to be putting most of their west coast bets on LAX and SEA. HI might be different, though. There's strong traffic between the Bay Area and the Islands, but have no idea how profitable it is.

Also, there are no customs facilities in that terminal, right? I was thinking that there could be the potential of another Sky Team carrier operating something from that terminal. I suppose this could work for departure and then they could arrive at the international terminal, but this might be cumbersome.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Also, there are no customs facilities in that terminal, right? I was thinking that there could be the potential of another Sky Team carrier operating something from that terminal. I suppose this could work for departure and then they could arrive at the international terminal, but this might be cumbersome.
I don't think there are immigration/customs there. I believe DL in BOS has a similar set-up, in that int'l flights arrive in a different terminal. No idea how feasible that would be at SFO.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:41 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum

I'm debating signing up for a SkyClub membership and was wondering if we think we will see any signup promotions to coincide with the new lounge for Bay Area members
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
I'm debating signing up for a SkyClub membership and was wondering if we think we will see any signup promotions to coincide with the new lounge for Bay Area members
Being based in SFO I would sign up for the Amex Platinum card. This will get you SC access, but also Centurion Club access in the United terminal and AF/KLM access in the international terminal with Priority Pass. You will certainly find yourself on United at times if/when you need a nonstop, as well as in the international terminal for any tpac flights.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Maybe they thought they could make money on that for the exact reason you describe; the food options at DL/SFO are very limited.
You can walk over to Terminal 2, the VX/AA area via a corridor behind security. There are plenty of good food options there.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
No, I really wouldn't count on it.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
You can walk over to Terminal 2, the VX/AA area via a corridor behind security. There are plenty of good food options there.
I had never noticed this corridor airside. Is this something relatively new? It might have been there in the last 6 months or so, but each SFO departure I've had has been the first JFK flight and too early for me to be paying attention.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
I had never noticed this corridor airside. Is this something relatively new? It might have been there in the last 6 months or so, but each SFO departure I've had has been the first JFK flight and too early for me to be paying attention.
The corridor opened late last year IIRC.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't think there are immigration/customs there. I believe DL in BOS has a similar set-up, in that int'l flights arrive in a different terminal. No idea how feasible that would be at SFO.
At ORD, some international flights depart from the domestic terminals (T1/2/3) but arrive at international (T5). It's apparently not a big deal to tow even a huge plane.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At ORD, some international flights depart from the domestic terminals T1/2/3) but arrive at international (T5). It's apparently not a big deal to tow even a huge plane.
Parking a huge plane at T1-C might be a problem, though. Would anything larger than a 767 even fit there?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by lbcnu
The corridor opened late last year IIRC.
It must be on the left just after security. I thought I saw something different there but wasn't paying attention going to those early flights.

Given that security is unpredictable, I'm looking forward to an airside SC after all these years.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
It must be on the left just after security. I thought I saw something different there but wasn't paying attention going to those early flights.

Given that security is unpredictable, I'm looking forward to an airside SC after all these years.
It is on the left right after security. It's a little tricky to find. However, the food options are much, much better over there unless you are craving ice cream. Hopefully, they build a connector between T2 and T3 next so you can go to the UA area which has even more concessions.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Do you need a SF address to get the email? No email here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.