Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Impressive video at Delta News Hub.

http://news.delta.com/new-sky-club-s...ience-standard
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
"The new SFO Club features calming bamboo accent walls, LED lighting and food served on modern china, which not only adds to the Club experience, but also reflects architectural features that make the location Delta’s first LEED Gold Certified Club, aligning with the company’s goals to support sustainability and positively affect customers' health."

Wow--finally! I And from looking at the pictures it seems like this is for all food, not just the menu. Really hope this lasts.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Aug 29, 2015 at 8:21 am
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:08 pm

SFO SkyClub mural (Chris McGinnis):

Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
It looks fantastic. As SF is a second home to us, we fly in and out of there regularly, and can't wait to experience it.^
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I am in the new SFO lounge now and all I can say is WOW and WOW backwards! It is absolutely awesome. In fact its so awesome, I don't want to get on my flight to JFK at 4:00. The food options are spectacular. It has the usual offerings plus a whole lot more. Delta really spared no expense. Its very roomy, cozy and offers sweeping views of all the runways plus the tarmac between the Delta terminal and the Virgin America terminal. This by far is the best Delta club ever. If you don't have a membership and you fly out of SFO a lot, you might want to consider getting one.

Let me add that as for seating, there is something for everyone. Plus, each seat has multiple charging ports, both USB and electrical. Very comfortable.

JetBlue might have MINT but when you arrive at the airport an hour or so before your flight, this club in and of itself tilts the scales in Delta's favor when it comes to flying premium transcon.

As for the views you can easily see the planes taking off from both parallel runways as well as landing on the 1's. Right now, there is a UA 747 taking off. This is truly a spectacular club. For the first time in my life I am actually hoping my flight gets delayed!

Last edited by DL2SXM; Aug 30, 2015 at 3:35 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:31 pm

New menu posted here, looks good:

http://viewfromthewing.img.boardinga...SFO_P2_Web.pdf
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is DL planning to try to compete in SFO after all, after deciding a couple years ago to downsize and then drop the NRT flight?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is DL planning to try to compete in SFO after all, after deciding a couple years ago to downsize and then drop the NRT flight?
With United pulling out of JFK they have a unique oppurtunity to be very strong on the transcon route, which probably has a lot of paid D1 given all of the tech money in the region. They have also done a good job of establishing themselves as the premium carrier on the JFK-LAX route, though I'm not sure how much money that makes. However, LAX has a lot more options and it is a very easy connection there. Having recently moved to SFO, we have decided to remain Delta flyers and are mostly happy with that choice--there are rarley long lines, and the terminal is nice and easy to navigate. The old SC situation was the major issue.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
With United pulling out of JFK they have a unique oppurtunity to be very strong on the transcon route, which probably has a lot of paid D1 given all of the tech money in the region. They have also done a good job of establishing themselves as the premium carrier on the JFK-LAX route, though I'm not sure how much money that makes. However, LAX has a lot more options and it is a very easy connection there. Having recently moved to SFO, we have decided to remain Delta flyers and are mostly happy with that choice--there are rarley long lines, and the terminal is nice and easy to navigate. The old SC situation was the major issue.
Thanks. The rationale based on the SFO-JFK route makes a lot of sense. First the VIP check in lounge at LAX, which helps on international premium cabin flights as well as the LAX-JFK service, and now an enhanced SC at SFO.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To me, this new SFO club truly makes the transition from SFO to JFK a 1st class experience. With MINT, you get nothing before you board the flight. With this new skyclub, not only are you getting the best lounge that Delta has to offer, but its now plane side. My walk from the lounge to my departure gate will take about 2 minutes. There's tons of money to be made on the premium transcons, that's what this is about, not NRT, ATL or anything else that comes to the imagination.

The views from the new club are simply stunning!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lbcnu
Apparently not! SFO has been my home airport for more than 20 years but I didn't get the email!
I have been a regular living in SFO the past 4 years and no email. Recently moved but still have SFO set as my home airport. Oh well.

Sounds like the new club is awesome, I remember the DL employees telling me it would be a flagship (maybe not in size) like the newest ATL and the main JFK T4 club.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Sounds like the new club is awesome, I remember the DL employees telling me it would be a flagship (maybe not in size) like the newest ATL and the main JFK T4 club.
It is awesome. I have an early morning flight tomorrow and am looking forward to seeing it without as many people inside as on Friday.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
As for the views you can easily see the planes taking off from both parallel runways as well as landing on the 1's. Right now, there is a UA 747 taking off. This is truly a spectacular club. For the first time in my life I am actually hoping my flight gets delayed!
I was like that once too (actually, hoping the flight with my luggage got delayed). The BOS club had Godiva sampling their liqueurs.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I checked the lounge out yesterday, and was quite impressed. It's large, spacious, modern, incredibly localized, and logically laid out. There is a diverse amount of seating for meetings, lunch, or relaxing. The view of the runway and Bay are also great.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
I checked the lounge out yesterday, and was quite impressed. It's large, spacious, modern, incredibly localized, and logically laid out. There is a diverse amount of seating for meetings, lunch, or relaxing. The view of the runway and Bay are also great.
I did the same last night about 9:30 local time and I agree with your opinion. I just did a quick walk through and left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.