Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Same food at both clubs. The satellite club gets quite busy with the multiple late afternoon and early evening international departures. And Delta will soon be taking over the 5 Southwest gates.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
When I was there last, the Satellite club was much less crowded and had cheese omlettes for breakfast. The main club was a little bit busier with the same food except the hot dish was scrambled eggs.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
It always seems to me that the Satelite is more crowded in the morning and less in the afternoon. I have found the food to be the same other than accessions swaps of things like the egg format.

I personally like the satellite less well, but it’s a bit of hair splitting.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:34 am

Has anyone been to either of the lounges lately? Are they still offering the Dom by the glass for 1,750 skymiles?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by jmj10
Has anyone been to either of the lounges lately? Are they still offering the Dom by the glass for 1,750 skymiles?
According to this link - https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/news-updates

"Pop the Champagne
Celebrate something truly special with us. Dom Pérignon is now available for purchase with money or miles by the bottle or glass at most Delta Sky Club locations featuring THE BAR."

Both SC's @ BOS have THE BAR, so I would assume the answer is yes.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by JakeRobertson212
According to this link - https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/news-updates

"Pop the Champagne
Celebrate something truly special with us. Dom Pérignon is now available for purchase with money or miles by the bottle or glass at most Delta Sky Club locations featuring THE BAR."

Both SC's @ BOS have THE BAR, so I would assume the answer is yes.
Excellent. Thanks! We grabbed glasses in June, but haven't been back since.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes, they still have signs up advertising the Dom by glass or bottle with miles.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:00 pm

Does DL have a Skymiles Club in the international terminal at BOS? We have not been to BOS before and have a 4 hour layover there in few months prior to an international flight and would love to spend time in the Skyclub. If yes, is the club itself and the food decent? If no club in international, are we able to use the Skyclub after getting off our domestic DL flight...prior to going to the international terminal?

Any info or tips and tricks for BOS Skyclub are appreciated.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
If your international is on DL metal you will leave from the domestic terminal. if you return on DL you will arrive in the international terminal (term E) and after customs you will need to go to the domestic terminal (term A)
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:21 pm

singleflyer- Yes, we are flying DL (ORD to BOS) and then flying DL for the international segment as well. Are you saying the DL international segment of the flight will depart from the domestic BOS terminal and not terminal E?

If I understand correctly, you are also saying that our return DL flight into BOS will arrive in the international terminal. Is that correct? If so, would we need to go to the domestic terminal to fly DL BOS to ORD?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Dabengals3
singleflyer- Yes, we are flying DL (ORD to BOS) and then flying DL for the international segment as well. Are you saying the DL international segment of the flight will depart from the domestic BOS terminal and not terminal E?
Correct. All DL flights, whether domestic or international, depart from terminal A.

If I understand correctly, you are also saying that our return DL flight into BOS will arrive in the international terminal. Is that correct? If so, would we need to go to the domestic terminal to fly DL BOS to ORD?
Also correct. The DL flight, assuming it's coming from a non-precleared international destination, will arrive in terminal E. After you go through customs and immigration there, you will need to transfer to terminal A. You can either take a shuttle bus or take a 10 minute walk; I recommend walking, as it's a well signed route and a good way to stretch your legs after a long flight.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
You will be able to use either of the SkyClubs in Terminal A if you are flying in Delta One or are GM, PM, or DM.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Also correct. The DL flight, assuming it's coming from a non-precleared international destination, will arrive in terminal E. After you go through customs and immigration there, you will need to transfer to terminal A. You can either take a shuttle bus or take a 10 minute walk; I recommend walking, as it's a well signed route and a good way to stretch your legs after a long flight.
(video is from the Departures level of E)
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:02 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold

Yes, all DL-operated international departures at BOS are from Terminal A. VS/AF/etc-operated DL codeshares depart from Terminal E.

International arrivals at BOS on DL (other than precleared flights) arrive in Terminal E; you will clear immigration and customs there and then need to proceed to Terminal A using either a Massport shuttle bus or the walkways through the central garage. When you arrive in A you will need to re-clear security.

[EDIT: whoops, didn't see the next page's posts when I wrote this so it's redundant. *sigh*]
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:38 am

Neither sky club is great, Delta now according to the signs they have all over the airport offers more international service from BOS than any other airline but the lounges tend to be over crowded and lacking in the amenities of let’s say the BA lounge. They are rumored to be totally redoing the club by gate 19 to make it more competitive with the other lounges. Adding showers and better meal service more space. I think this is a must if they want to compete with the flagship lounge and other lounges of the such.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.