Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Can anyone comment if the "service from the heart" tiles are still in place?
The entryway tiles are still present in the satellite lounge, but I did not see them at the "new" A7 Sky Club.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MS02113
The entryway tiles are still present in the satellite lounge, but I did not see them at the "new" A7 Sky Club.
Shame because in late 2011 they were still there under UA/CO. I think CO made a few cosmetic changes to the space when they took over in 2007 but for whatever reason left the tiles. What if anything else has DL changed?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
Shame because in late 2011 they were still there under UA/CO. I think CO made a few cosmetic changes to the space when they took over in 2007 but for whatever reason left the tiles. What if anything else has DL changed?
I am here now. It still says it on the check in area on the floor but it doesnt sound like it is the orgiinal tiles you all are talking about
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
'New' A7 vs older one in satellite concourse

I tried out the 'new' A7 SC today and now sitting in the old skyclub near A17.
The A7 club is small and to me seemed very 'sterile'. There are a lot of workstations. Most of the chairs are in one room in very structured block. The wifi is good and bartender is friendly. There is no view of any gates.
A17, to me, is much nicer.
Here on a sat. a.m. July 4th - there may be 3 total people in A17 SC and there were 25-30 in the smaller A7.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
The A main terminal club is very small for the demands placed on it. When it originally opened as a DL club, there were a bunch of RJ flights and the LGA shuttle using that side of the terminal. Most mainline flights left from the satellite terminal. Now, with the loss of 4 satellite gates to WN, there can be 7-9 mainline flights leaving from the main terminal.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes the satellite club is nicer with the views and much larger layout, but they did do a good job with some items in the smaller main club, in particular the food layout near the bar works well with everything in one area as opposed to split up with half of it around the corner at the satellite location.

Seems they have a new group of SC agents as well... saw 3 new faces behind the desk in the A7 club the other day. The really friendly male bartender will also be moving away in a few months unfortunately.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Here in the A7 SC and the main area with snacks and bar is packed. The area behind the bar between reception and the workstations (facing the large
abstract painting) is mellower.

Sam Adams on draft along with Miler Lite.

The bartender is indeed friendly.

I like the runway views from the satellite lounge but I'm departing from A6 so staying put.

Jim
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:32 am

Are there lockers in either of the sky clubs?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive

I have never seen lockers. But I never looked or asked.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
There are open cubicles at least in the satellite club; I don't know about the club in the main terminal. But if you're looking for something can actually lock, I don't think either club has that.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:47 pm

Thanks for the answers. I have a 5hr-ish layover coming up, and was thinking of checking out Boston for the afternoon. Obviously it would be better to not be encumbered with luggage!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MS02113
Given Delta's habit of removing private cubicles from its lounges, I was pleasantly surprised to find 29 (!) of them in the "new" space.
Well, the cubicles in the A7 Sky Club didn't last long. Now that Delta's had a chance to properly renovate the reacquired lounge, they've removed all of the private cubicles and replaced them with attractive but communal live-edge wood tables.

Most of the other furniture has also been replaced. The new BOS A7 look is reminiscent of other recently opened/renovated Sky Clubs such as SFO and MSP F.

Can anyone comment if the "service from the heart" tiles are still in place?
The tiles are definitely gone now, as the entire check-in area has been remodeled.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Quick question as I have reduced travel quite a bit in the past few months - does the satellite lounge still have cubicles in the back room?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes they're still there. The closer lounge finished refurbishing their 'business' area as well. They have some large/open format tables with power in the center of the work area, and some cube type work spaces along the outer wall.
Old May 23, 2016, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Does DL have any plans to upgrade the amenities offered in either of the Sky Club's in BOS? For a station that has 4 TATL flights 5-months out of the year and 3 TATL the rest, it seems awfully sparse with amenities. I don't recall seeing any actual kitchen in either club with a menu one can order meals from similar to JFK. I understand BOS is no JFK, but it seems like a very skimpy offering. I also don't recall seeing any showers in either club, though I absolutely could have just overlooked them.

Also, having recently been to the new(ish) SFO SC, it got me wandering if DL has any plans asthetically to update the larger satellite lounge at BOS. It doesn't seem to have the bright blue branding and designs seen at several of the newer, as well as newly remodeled clubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.