Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Your choices are basically 10-15 minutes (probably not enough time to get something more substantial than what you'd get in E) in an A SkyClub (since you'd basically have to be at gate A11 more or less 90 minutes before the AMS departure) or something more like an hour in the E SkyClub Express or the AFKL lounge. I'd probably also go to E.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Since you are originating in BOS, I wouldn't fool around with terminal A but rather I would go straight to terminal E and check-in/clear security.

Delta now won't let you into a SkyClub at your originating airport if you arrive at the club more than 3 hours prior to scheduled departure time.

The "SkyClub Express" is accessed by an elevator in the vicinity of gates 10 and 11; you go down one floor. The Delta club is behind the Virgin Atlantic clubhouse (which I am informed is closed). I'm sure you can get adult beverages and snacks there. There are some decent looking restaurants airside in the E terminal, including Legal Sea Foods, if you want to eat dinner before your flight.

Coming home from AMS the KLM Crown Lounge 52 is one of the best in the Delta/Air France/KLM joint venture (I think it is about as good as the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in LHR). Enjoy your trip.
jalves likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 6:41 pm

So I’ve recently had the opportunity to do both the shuttle and the walk at Boston. All I can say is I will walk from now on. I really think it’s faster to walk and go back from security than it is to take the shuttle assuming you have precheck. I guess if you catch the shuttle exactly right it’s OK but if you don’t, you could actually be standing there for quite a while waiting on it and then it’s very slow. Maybe I just got a bad day but it took us almost 20 minutes to get from A to E plus the wait time. The walk takes me about 10 minutes and security was a breeze so from now on I’ll probably just walk

And comparing the Delta Club in E what we had before they opened it (the absolutely worst club I’ve ever been in a.k.a. as the air France club
) makes the Delta Xpress club look wonderful 😂
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
And comparing the Delta Club in E what we had before they opened it (the absolutely worst club I’ve ever been in a.k.a. as the air France club) makes the Delta Xpress club look wonderful 😂
Agreed. Even though the SC in E is an 'express', I'd say it is somewhere between the other SC Express I've seen and a full skyclub. They have beer/wine and cocktails (mixed in cans), and also hot soup and entrees in there. Certainly better than that AF lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 1:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Thank you for all the feedback. It was good that i asked. I managed after security check at terminal E just enough time to have a quick bite at the Air France lounge in Boston. Took a quick look at the Delta express lounge (a tad sad) before boarding. I hope the new lounge opening in terminal E from Delta in the summer will be somewhat better. The Clubhouse was still closed on the day I went there.
SB
Old Apr 24, 2023, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Sky Club Express, Terminal E, Boston. Horrid!
Old Jun 7, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Opinions on whether the BOS A7 club is worth the $50 guest fee? I've got the Amex Plat and traveling with a coworker. We've got a couple hours to burn before our flight tonight. As a point of reference, how is it compared to the food spread at the new United Club @ ORD C10 or the UC at LAX?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by paule123
Opinions on whether the BOS A7 club is worth the $50 guest fee? I've got the Amex Plat and traveling with a coworker. We've got a couple hours to burn before our flight tonight. As a point of reference, how is it compared to the food spread at the new United Club @ ORD C10 or the UC at LAX?
The food spread is okay but I don't think it's worth paying $50 for it in my opinion. It's mostly a cold buffet with a couple of hot items. Whenever I go, it's usually pretty busy but I always manage to snag a seat near the back and try to get some work done with my laptop on my lap, but I usually give up after eating and head to the gate. Again, this is just my opinion but other folks may have different experiences from me.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by paule123
Any reason why you can't go into A18? A18 has a much larger spread than A7.

Alternatively just go into town depending on how much time you have and how quickly you can clear security.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
A18 is a larger club, but I wouldn't really say the food offerings are much different than A7. Perhaps one or two additional items, mainly spread out more due to more space.

If the flight is this evening don't even think about trying to go into the city unless you have 4+ hours. Traffic is a nightmare, and you'll easily burn 45+ min getting from logan to downtown any time from 3-6pm, and same reverse getting back.
RobertS975 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by rylan
If the flight is this evening don't even think about trying to go into the city unless you have 4+ hours. Traffic is a nightmare, and you'll easily burn 45+ min getting from logan to downtown any time from 3-6pm, and same reverse getting back.
Grabbing an on-demand water taxi could circumvent the tunnels (and a fun way to depart/arrive for a side adventure). You’d have to take the 66 bus to the water taxi dock @BOS which may/may not be much faster.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by rylan

lol, the blue line is like 5 minutes from the airport to the city
Old Jun 8, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, B6 Mosaic 3
No need to cross the harbor. Take a walk to East Boston. You can walk out the airport through the sports fields, and the go to the East Boston waterfront or even Maverick Square. You could walk for 1.5 hours and see so much.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by physicsdude
The food spread is okay but I don't think it's worth paying $50 for it in my opinion. It's mostly a cold buffet with a couple of hot items. Whenever I go, it's usually pretty busy but I always manage to snag a seat near the back and try to get some work done with my laptop on my lap, but I usually give up after eating and head to the gate. Again, this is just my opinion but other folks may have different experiences from me.
Went to the A7 club and found a spot in the back with a limited view of the parking structure Was the food spread worth $50? No, but I did get to meet Sal the bartender and we drank enough cheap red wine to make it somewhat worth it

In regards to Boston traffic, we took a taxi from the Pru to the airport in about 30 minutes at 6pm. I heard on the local news they're closing the Sumner Tunnel in July/August for maintenance so that will truly be a traffic nightmare.

When we arrived BOS, the rideshare setup was not good with the crowds funneled to the central parking lot elevators and Uber jacking the rate from $26 to $66 in the time we walked from terminal to parking garage. Ended up walking back to main terminal, took a taxi for $27 + tip. Another coworker familiar with Boston took the shuttle bus to the T and on to the hotel by the Pru for a trip cost of about $3.

Last edited by paule123; Jun 8, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Old Jun 8, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Slightly off topic but BOS related…
im in Brookline next week and need to get to BOS for a 5:25 AM flight on Friday (when Summer Tunnel is closed). Looks like Blue Line also doesn’t start running that early.

I have luggage to check, TSAPre, flying FC, domestic Delta (Term A).

When do I need to leave Brookline? I’m assuming the best way is Uber/Taxi… but no idea how long to account for traffic and check in.

3:30 AM early enough to leave?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.