FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1070465-boston-bos-sky-club-definitive-thread.html)

rylan Jun 9, 2009 11:06 am

BOS skyclub access?

I will be traveling tomorrow out of BOS, but have a flight on one of the RJ-100s so it leaves out of the main side of terminal A. There is only a PC lounge there, and I normally access the skyclub with my Amex DL Reserve. Anyone know if the PC lounge allows access since I am leaving from that side?

How about for the future... will people leaving on NW/DL flights from the gates 1-10 side of A be out of luck for lounge access when continental leaves skyteam in the fall?

Evan! Jun 9, 2009 11:31 am

The annex to terminal A (via underground tunnel) has a SkyClub and is not so far away from the main gates at terminal A that you should avoid it.

How long do you anticipate being in terminal A before your departure? I believe (but could be wrong) that the DL Amex Reserve does not get you into SkyTeam partner lounges, just DL SkyClubs.

SFTNYC Jun 9, 2009 12:18 pm

I would assume it's similar, but as a AMEX plat customer, I cannot access the PC at gate 7 when flying DL (even out of the main terminal). I must go to the CRC near gate 18 (in the satellite terminal).

I assume once CO leaves Skyteam, that the lounge reciprocity for full-CRC/WC members will be terminated (thus leaving CRC/WC members with no lounge for gates 1-12).

LoganFlyer Jun 9, 2009 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 11879647)
The annex to terminal A (via underground tunnel) has a SkyClub and is not so far away from the main gates at terminal A that you should avoid it.

Completely agreed. With the moving walkways connecting the main and satellite terminals, it's about a 5 minute walk each way, if that. Really not that big a deal.

RobertS975 Jun 9, 2009 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 11879506)
I will be traveling tomorrow out of BOS, but have a flight on one of the RJ-100s so it leaves out of the main side of terminal A. There is only a PC lounge there, and I normally access the skyclub with my Amex DL Reserve. Anyone know if the PC lounge allows access since I am leaving from that side?

How about for the future... will people leaving on NW/DL flights from the gates 1-10 side of A be out of luck for lounge access when continental leaves skyteam in the fall?

Neither the DL Reserve Card or the Amex Platinum card will get you into the PC without a CO coded flight. For many months, the situation was reversed... it was CO flyers that could not get into the CRC located in the main terminal with their Amex platinum cards when flying on CO.

andymo99 Jun 9, 2009 1:57 pm

I think it would need to be a good 45 min before boarding to warrant the walk to satellite.

Down the escalator, through the tunnel, up the escalator, walk to the Club, up the stairs, relax. Repeat in reverse to return to Main Terminal.

Less than 45 minutes, I'll just get a drink at LTK or something.

tjisnumbaone Jun 9, 2009 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 11879506)

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 11879647)

How long do you anticipate being in terminal A before your departure? I believe (but could be wrong) that the DL Amex Reserve does not get you into SkyTeam partner lounges, just DL SkyClubs.

Originally Posted by andymo99 (Post 11880506)
I think it would need to be a good 45 min before boarding to warrant the walk to satellite.

Down the escalator, through the tunnel, up the escalator, walk to the Club, up the stairs, relax. Repeat in reverse to return to Main Terminal.

Less than 45 minutes, I'll just get a drink at LTK or something.

I believe that people on Connection or Shuttle can use the CO lounge, as long as you have BP, maybe ID.

FWIW, it will take anywhere from 5 mins or longer in each direction from main terminal to satellite, based on how fast you are.

Attempt to enter the CO PC, and if it fails, then you can go out to the DSC or just deal with no lounge.

Good luck and have a nice trip!

rylan Jun 9, 2009 7:41 pm

I'll probably be there an hour before, so I could walk over to the skyclub on the other side... but obviously would rather just hang out at the lounge that is near the gate instead of waste 10-15 min for the roundtrip. I wonder if DL will consolidate all flights to the far side or stay split with the shuttle and regional jets on the near side.

RobertS975 Jun 9, 2009 8:21 pm

Generally, I do not bother to make the hike over to the CRC in the satellite terminal if my DL flight is leaving from the main terminal at Logan. I never put a stopwatch to it, but I suspect it is closer to 10 minutes each way unless you really do some power walking on the moving walk. I would really have to have some serious time to kill to make the hike.

DL will not consolidate flights in the satellite terminal. It needs and uses all the gates it has with the addition of the NW schedule to terminal A.

There are other airports where the CRC is so far away from some of the gates to make it not worthwhile to make the trip... JFK terminal 3 comes to mind if you have a flight from the old PanAm section. Certainly SLC if you have a connection from the D gates to another D gate...

AndyTLe Jun 9, 2009 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 11882230)
I'll probably be there an hour before, so I could walk over to the skyclub on the other side... but obviously would rather just hang out at the lounge that is near the gate instead of waste 10-15 min for the roundtrip. I wonder if DL will consolidate all flights to the far side or stay split with the shuttle and regional jets on the near side.

I doubt DL will move the shuttle flights. The location allows quick access in and out. The extra time to get to the satellite terminal would make the shuttle less convienent.

gsorob Jun 10, 2009 10:55 am

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer (Post 11879996)
Completely agreed. With the moving walkways connecting the main and satellite terminals, it's about a 5 minute walk each way, if that. Really not that big a deal.

I was in BOS yesterday and visited both lounges. Agree that the 2 lounges are approximately 5 min apart.

mot29 Nov 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Have things changed? Or is the BOS club different?

I was in the BOS sky club yesterday from about 2 pm through 330 pm. The snack spread was better than I've seen at that time of day in a while, sort of the best of the old WC plus CR --

4 different snack mix jars -- 2 different kinds pretzels, dried fruit, the Asian mix.
processed swiss cheese and crackers
portion cups of 5 or 6 olives -- black and green
carrots and celery
hummus
cookies

rylan Nov 11, 2009 6:13 pm

I haven't seen the hummus and veggies there yet, but then again I'm normally only there in the morning when they have the mini muffins out.

I've seen the various snack mixes around noon before... pretzels/nuts, fruit and rice cracker mix. Other clubs I've been to in SLC and MSP had the hummus, cookies and veggies... so maybe they are doing that in BOS as well. Would be nice to have real cheese with the crackers and hummus though.

3Cforme Nov 11, 2009 7:35 pm

The OP can be the Snack Man, reporting back from clubs who have acted upon the message that better food is wanted. (Time of day does matter.)

nebraskaboy Nov 11, 2009 7:48 pm

I personally would love to see the BOS club (and all really) replace the individually processed cheese with a block of velveta. Put it in a cheese dome to fancy it up a little, get a nice cheese knife (plastic of course) so we can chop off as much as we'd like... it's essentially the same thing as the current offering but reduces waste (plastic wrappers) and is just yellow 'cheese food' instead of white 'cheese food'.... right!?! :p