Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2023, 10:37 pm

330 is plenty early, security doesn’t open until four, luggage is going to be your biggest hurdle I feel like sometimes there is plenty of staff on early and other times like one agent. Sumner tunnel should be open it doesn’t close until 11 pm Friday night and it isn’t closing Juneteenth weekend, yes taxi or Uber are your best bet
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Looks like the new BOS E Club is now open.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...al-terminal-e/
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:49 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
It looks as though the new E club might not have any runway views (the slanted windows seem to face back towards the city).

It looks like a fabulous club though. My guess is that the VS Clubhouse won't reopen, and there's a chance Air France closes their lounge and starts sending passengers there too (which will have a greater effect on some of the non-SkyTeam airlines that seem to use it because it's the cheapest lounge – CX, QR, and AT to name just the oneworld ones).
Old Aug 15, 2023, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by VFR
It looks as though the new E club might not have any runway views (the slanted windows seem to face back towards the city).

It looks like a fabulous club though. My guess is that the VS Clubhouse won't reopen, and there's a chance Air France closes their lounge and starts sending passengers there too (which will have a greater effect on some of the non-SkyTeam airlines that seem to use it because it's the cheapest lounge – CX, QR, and AT to name just the oneworld ones).
Well the views are better than the “Express Club” it replaced which had none. If I had to guess, AF will likely try and sell off its BOS lounge to a 3rd party operator since it also acts as a PP lounge. No reason for AF J pax to continue using their lounge with the new larger SC now open.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, HHonors-Diamond
In the new club right now. It’s open and airy, with a lot of natural light even though Boston is overcast today. Each guest is given a tour by a Delta employee and they are handing out Tumi kits with postcards of the local art found in the Club to commemorate opening day. Unlike most other SkyClubs, this has a full kitchen that prepares more substantial fare—beef bourguinon with herbed mashed potatoes and glazed carrots in honor of Julia Child’s birthday (today). Other options include maple lime chicken, molasses baked beans, baked mac and cheese, soups, sandwiches and a number of desserts. This is not your typical SkyClub spread. Delta did a tremendous job; let’s hope everything is as consistent in a few months as it is today.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:23 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MFNlaw
This is not your typical SkyClub spread. Delta did a tremendous job; let’s hope everything is as consistent in a few months as it is today.
That’s great, and also makes sense given the majority (all?) of DL flights leaving from E will be overnight flights to Europe, so many may want to eat before boarding (and no D1 lounge coming to BOS).
MFNlaw likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, HHonors-Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
That’s great, and also makes sense given the majority (all?) of DL flights leaving from E will be overnight flights to Europe, so many may want to eat before boarding (and no D1 lounge coming to BOS).
Exactly. My flight to FCO leaves at 5, and I would absolutely eat in the SkyClub instead of on board even if I’m flying D1.
dw likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by dw
One interesting thing I noticed is it appears the Lounge doesn’t open until 1:30pm. While that seems fine considering E is all INTL and mostly TATL for DL, the plan was for this club to become the new de facto SkyTeam lounge in BOS. Meanwhile KE has it’s ICN flight that leaves at 1 + a few DL Mexico/Caribbean morning departures, so these passengers are essentially out of luck when it comes to lounge access.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
In the new club right now. It’s open and airy, with a lot of natural light even though Boston is overcast today. Each guest is given a tour by a Delta employee and they are handing out Tumi kits with postcards of the local art found in the Club to commemorate opening day. Unlike most other SkyClubs, this has a full kitchen that prepares more substantial fare—beef bourguinon with herbed mashed potatoes and glazed carrots in honor of Julia Child’s birthday (today). Other options include maple lime chicken, molasses baked beans, baked mac and cheese, soups, sandwiches and a number of desserts. This is not your typical SkyClub spread. Delta did a tremendous job; let’s hope everything is as consistent in a few months as it is today.
Waving at you from my office across the harbor.
MFNlaw likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
One interesting thing I noticed is it appears the Lounge doesn’t open until 1:30pm. While that seems fine considering E is all INTL and mostly TATL for DL, the plan was for this club to become the new de facto SkyTeam lounge in BOS. Meanwhile KE has it’s ICN flight that leaves at 1 + a few DL Mexico/Caribbean morning departures, so these passengers are essentially out of luck when it comes to lounge access.
I would not assume the current hours are set in stone for all eternity
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Does DO&CO catering manage the Sky Club at the locations they prep the onboard food? Or are Sky Clubs all Sodexho or other, but not DO&CO?
Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
BOS Sky Club Terminal A

Which one is better A6 or A18? I have Amex platinum flying on DL. If I bring my wife into the lounge, will she get some value for the $50? Obviously not $50 worth. Don't want to create marital strife.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by sholmes149
Which one is better A6 or A18? I have Amex platinum flying on DL. If I bring my wife into the lounge, will she get some value for the $50? Obviously not $50 worth. Don't want to create marital strife.
A18 is much better - larger and has more seating, better views, fairly recently renovated, greater food selection and much nicer bathrooms
Yahtzee likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sholmes149
As mentioned above, A18 is the newer and larger lounge. Go with that especially if you are departing from the satellite area over there. If you have over an hour to spend in the lounge and want some food and beverage(s) before you have to leave for your flight its worth it... but if you're talking only 30 min then probably not.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
As mentioned above, A18 is the newer and larger lounge. Go with that especially if you are departing from the satellite area over there. If you have over an hour to spend in the lounge and want some food and beverage(s) before you have to leave for your flight its worth it... but if you're talking only 30 min then probably not.
Thanks for feedback. I gave my wife the option of joining me in the Sky Club for $50. She would prefer to go to Legal Seafood and have the meal there. All is well in the household
dw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.