Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I see 3 lounges on DL.com - A6, A18, and E. Which is the landside one discussed upthread?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by italdesign
I see 3 lounges on DL.com - A6, A18, and E. Which is the landside one discussed upthread?
A6 is not landslide. It is in the main terminal A before you take the tunnel to the higher numbered gates.
hhdl likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah there are no landside lounges in BOS... must be some confusion since I don't recall seeing anyone talk about that.

You have A6 which is the 'main' one near security, A17 which is the 'satellite' side (although it is larger than the main now), and the E temporary club until the E expansion project opens some time later next year.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone know if they let you through Terminal A security if you have an international departure out of Terminal E?
I'd rather use a full club in A and then take the airside shuttle over to E for my flight, than the SC Express which is pretty sparse...
Old Mar 2, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President Circle.
Originally Posted by italdesign
There is no landside club. All clubs are after security.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by rylan
Anyone know if they let you through Terminal A security if you have an international departure out of Terminal E?
I'd rather use a full club in A and then take the airside shuttle over to E for my flight, than the SC Express which is pretty sparse...
Absolutely, have done it multiple times. The one time I had to check a bag I stopped at E first, then walked through the garage to A. (May be able to check bag at A but didn’t want to take the risk of a double backtrack).
rylan likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nebraskaboy
Absolutely, have done it multiple times. The one time I had to check a bag I stopped at E first, then walked through the garage to A. (May be able to check bag at A but didn’t want to take the risk of a double backtrack).
Great, thanks. Will be hanging out at the A6 club later this afternoon before hopping over to E for a quick look prior to boarding.
Also nice since I can use Clear Precheck that way in A and avoid the security lines in E. Not sure what time the Precheck line actually opens in E.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM, B6 Mosaic 3
Great, thanks. Will be hanging out at the A6 club later this afternoon before hopping over to E for a quick look prior to boarding.
Also nice since I can use Clear Precheck that way in A and avoid the security lines in E. Not sure what time the Precheck line actually opens in E.
You could also take the Bus that is post-security in A to get to E. I've never done it, but I would like to know how long it takes, and if it is faster than walking across the garage and re-clearing security in E.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I hung out at the A6 club for an hour and chatted with Sal (best bartender ever). Caught the bus at A11 - it was easy and it runs every ~20 min. I had to wait for the bus about 5 min and then it took about 10 min to get to E1 with a nice view of planes while driving over there. I'd much rather do that than walk from A->E and wait in the security line there.

I'd post this info in the other thread about DL international departing from TermE but I can't find the thread... FYI the Virgin E Clubhouse is closed currently - a sign up says closed for improvements and direct pax to the SkyClub Express down the hall. Its basically a multi-room waiting area, but so is the rest of Terminal E so they did what they could with the space. They do have some hot foot and soups in the SC here though, as well as beer/wine and cocktails in a can.
I was planning on visiting the Virgin Clubhouse so was disappointed to find it closed... I would've stayed in A another hour otherwise.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 3:56 pm

I hung out at the A6 club for an hour and chatted with Sal (best bartender ever). Caught the bus at A11 - it was easy and it runs every ~20 min. I had to wait for the bus about 5 min and then it took about 10 min to get to E1 with a nice view of planes while driving over there. I'd much rather do that than walk from A->E and wait in the security line there.

I'd post this info in the other thread about DL international departing from TermE but I can't find the thread... FYI the Virgin E Clubhouse is closed currently - a sign up says closed for improvements and direct pax to the SkyClub Express down the hall. Its basically a multi-room waiting area, but so is the rest of Terminal E so they did what they could with the space. They do have some hot foot and soups in the SC here though, as well as beer/wine and cocktails in a can.
I was planning on visiting the Virgin Clubhouse so was disappointed to find it closed... I would've stayed in A another hour otherwise.
Thanks for the info on the bus--I'll have to try it.

​​​​​​​The Virgin clubhouse wasn't that great anyway. Pretty similar in setup to skyclub in E, though they did have a counter with some sandwiches, and probably VS type food. I wonder if the clubhouse will be closed until the new part of E opens in "the summer". I still haven't seen an opening date for the new part of terminal E.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
The operator of the US Clubhouses is changing (no longer Plaza Premium: no credit cards will grant access)... I think I saw that the BOS Clubhouse will reopen later this month.

I expect that the Clubhouse will be the main lounge for STE+ in Y, the AFKL lounge will be for Priority Pass, and the new SkyClub will be premium pax and Amex Plat/Reserve.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by hhdl
The operator of the US Clubhouses is changing (no longer Plaza Premium: no credit cards will grant access)... I think I saw that the BOS Clubhouse will reopen later this month.

I expect that the Clubhouse will be the main lounge for STE+ in Y, the AFKL lounge will be for Priority Pass, and the new SkyClub will be premium pax and Amex Plat/Reserve.
Based on some websites,the US Clubhouse lounges will continue to be accessible using Capital One Venture X: https://viewfromthewing.com/capital-...ment-turnover/
I have not seen anything stating whether access will continue for AMEX Platinum cardholders.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Delta Sky Lounge Boston

Hi all,
I will be flying tomorrow to AMS from Boston with Delta from terminal E. I will most likely have two hours at the airport. I will also check in one luggage. I see most of the lounges at terminal E are either closed or aren't that great. I was wondering you guys have any tips of terminal A lounges and how to get from terminal A to E and how long I need? Can I check in the luggage in terminal A?

Thanks I’m advance,
SB
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by strikerbird
Hi all,
you will probably get better answers by posting in the existing thread Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread
obscure2k likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There is a temporary skyclub in E to the left and downstairs after security - not as good as the normal full skyclubs in A. You should be able to check in and check your bag in A

However, arriving at the airport 2 hours before your flight, you won't have too much time to spend in a club in A depending on the check in line and security etc. There is a club upstairs by A7 after security, and a shuttle transfer from A11 that takes you over to E. It runs about every 20-30 min and is about a 10 min trip over to E. The BOS-AMS flight will start boarding about 45 min before departure. With 2 hours at the airport, I'd probably just go to E.
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.