Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by psa727
Agreed. I am in the BOS Sky Club right now and enjoying every minute of it. This is a nice club with a huge business center, which fits my needs perfectly, and they are serving a Boston favourite: Sam Adams, which I am enjoying whilst waiting for my mum to arrive from DTW later in the evening. I would say that this is my favourite club of the lot.
I agree - one of the nicer clubs and great staff....except for the bartender in the mornings in my experience. He tends to hide in the back - I think there needs to be a call light or a bell - maybe clanking the DM tag would work.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
The agents here are definitely some of the best and friendliest I have met system wide.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:44 am

Does anyone know if Boston has "workstations" with computers in them? I have a long layover on my way to LHR Monday and will probably need to make a last minute edit to some documents. I am not technologically savvy enough to do this on my iPad, which will meet all my other needs on this trip.

If there is a "Real" computer I can log on and get the document, edit and send it. If there's not I may have to haul my laptop to London! Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
I'm pretty sure it has a few but I'll double check for you today.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
There were a couple of computer in the back area 3 weeks ago, so I assume they are still there.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
This is a nice club, but the carpet and furniture are getting a little worn.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:32 pm

Thanks for the updates on the computer
By some miracle, they actually got the document to me tonight so I can edit from home .

Still nice to know the option was there
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:52 am

nw agents

Originally Posted by avidflyer
I was a NW flyer as well but the BOS SC is better than the old BOS WC by far. I do not believe any of the attendants are the old WC crew. I remember the redhead (Russian I think) and she was fantastic!
three premerger nw agents are now skyclub agents
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
I have a 6:10 a.m. flight coming up next week - does anyone know if I will be able to grab a Bloody Mary at the BOS SC before I go? I am not sure if there are any "no alcohol before X:XX" blue laws in effect there.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Originally Posted by eturowski
I have a 6:10 a.m. flight coming up next week - does anyone know if I will be able to grab a Bloody Mary at the BOS SC before I go? I am not sure if there are any "no alcohol before X:XX" blue laws in effect there.
Massachusetts liquor laws say that alcohol can be served starting at 8:00am Mon-Sat and Noon on Sunday, although the bar, club, etc. can request a 10:00am start time. You're SOL for a 6:10am departure. Many's the time I've wanted some Bailey's in my coffee at oh-dark-thirty, but no can have.

Also, the furniture has has a refresh in the last year or so and they chose colors and fabrics that seem to be holding up better than the salmon-colored material originally used.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SeaClay007
Massachusetts liquor laws say that alcohol can be served starting at 8:00am Mon-Sat and Noon on Sunday, although the bar, club, etc. can request a 10:00am start time. You're SOL for a 6:10am departure. Many's the time I've wanted some Bailey's in my coffee at oh-dark-thirty, but no can have.

Also, the furniture has has a refresh in the last year or so and they chose colors and fabrics that seem to be holding up better than the salmon-colored material originally used.
Bah. I was afraid that was the case. I usually fly 9-10:00 a.m. departures, but I need to get an early start next week. Thanks for the info - guess I will stick with a stale bagel and some gluey oatmeal instead. At least the cappuccino is potable.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Originally Posted by eturowski
...guess I will stick with a stale bagel and some gluey oatmeal instead. At least the cappuccino is potable.
I don't mind the oatmeal as long as there's brown sugar for it, but I wish they'd bring back the greek yogurt. The blended stuff is...blech.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I visited the second BOS Sky Club in the main terminal this morning. Given Delta's habit of removing private cubicles from its lounges, I was pleasantly surprised to find 29 (!) of them in the "new" space. There's some light wear on the wood trim, so I suspect the cubicles were retained from the former United Club. (I can't remember what the Continental President's Club looked like before that, back in the days of three domestic SkyTeam carriers.) Still, it's nice that Delta opted to keep the work spaces rather than pack in additional arm chairs.

The club features a small bar with the usual mix of paid and complimentary offerings. In place of the typical Douwe Egberts coffee-from-concentrate machine, this lounge serves brewed Starbucks coffee dispensed from carafes.

Interestingly, the lounge artwork is supplied by Boston's Lanoue Gallery and differs from the aerial photography adorning other recent-vintage Sky Clubs.

All in all, the new lounge is a welcome addition to Delta's facilities at BOS.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: ??????????
The new Delta club which used to be a United club, which was a continental club, which was a Delta club -- I really liked the little Delta club when it was back in the day.

Looking for my next visit up there to check it out; especially convenient with the shuttle flights.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Can anyone comment if the "service from the heart" tiles are still in place? I was last in the lounge in mid-late 2011 when it was still a Continental Presidents Club (transitioning to United Club).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.